Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't get it why they can't show what they're talking about. Talking about the men, but showing McGlone and Major forever...and they're not even winning the women's race.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Bman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I so miss watching this race live. I went 3 times in 5 years. It sucks watching from home.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]
is there any reason we're not seeing the leading few women? do we still know who they are? is it wellington, griesbauer, and cave, in that order?[/reply]
No, I think it's Wellington and 4:30 to Major just ahead of McGlone. Major definitely passed the other two.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What happened to Cave?

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [skip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
[reply]
is there any reason we're not seeing the leading few women? do we still know who they are? is it wellington, griesbauer, and cave, in that order?[/reply]
No, I think it's Wellington and 4:30 to Major just ahead of McGlone. Major definitely passed the other two.
And now McGlone just threw down on Major.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
1. Wellington
2 & 3 side by side McGlone and Major

McGlone looks more relaxed.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [NamssoB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, they should have a camera on Wellington...maybe the director just doesn't think she can win.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm inclined to agree. If Clearwater were a little later in the season say early or mid-Dec, then i would say Crowie would go all out for it, but at this point i think he would be in 2 minds about whether to save some matches to defend his 70.3 title or to go for the Kona title. By the way, did i just see him wearing Newtons? how many other shoes have yellow soles?
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought that Sam looked more tense than Kate but maybe it was do to Kate's slower pace? Now that she has passed her she looks very relaxed for sure.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, agreed. That must've been unimaginable pain to pass a friggin kidney stone in the middle of the ironman world championships! At least pain I couldn't imagine.

-------------------------
"I like to start out slow, and then taper off."

-Doug Thorne (TVHS XC)
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [skip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tara norton is 9th on the leaderboard right now. 7:20 down.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [mag900] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This coverage is very frustrating. They keep showing two women that aren't in the lead. The men's race is shaping up and they show none of it.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [mag900] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How many Canadian women can we squeeze into the top 10. It would be great for McGlone to win and get Lisa on the podium with Tara.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Bman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I thought that Sam looked more tense than Kate but maybe it was do to Kate's slower pace? Now that she has passed her she looks very relaxed for sure.

kate was leaning forward, Sam was upright. leaning forward is not as efficient so I assumed she was straining to keep the pace up.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i miss having shingo tani in the race. i think if he actually came off the bike with the macca group he would literally send himself to the hospital in an attempt to run with them.

i'm going to say deboom. i like how he took it easy, dropped a minute to macca early on, then has just held it.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [haennp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet, I think thats the first time I've heard an announcer say "remember its a marathon not a sprint" during an actual marathon.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like both races are boiling down to three on each side. Macca, ALexander, and DeBoom are poised to have a great battle down the stretch..And the women you have Wellington, McGlone, and Major...McGlone seems antsy and just dropped Kate, but it appears that Wellington is still holding a good lead. She had a great run in probably the hottest Ironman ever in Korea, and was 7th overall there... THe rest of the fields are going to be fodder to fill out the top tens....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here we go with Gatorade again....

Infinit 4 ever!!! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here we go with Gatorade again....

Infinit 4 ever!!! :)
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Markus Mucus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That wasn't our butchy, Subaruing nazi was it?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Pain or damage don't end the world, or despair, or beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you're due for more punishment. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Markus Mucus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah - "Lee" that they mentioned needed to use the Gatorade "science institute" to create his custom formula, and all I need to do is goto InfinIT, move a few sliders, and voila!!

Go InfinIT!!!!! Go Macca!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now they're on Wellington - she looks pretty peppy, maybe turning it over even quicker than McGlone?
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wellington just passed MarkyV
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark,

Agree. However, it's still a long way to go. Women's field is very "tight" and their are other who are out of the top 10, say Lisa Bentley who could run into the top 10 or 5.

If McGlone hangs on and wins or finishes in the top 3 that will keep alive of a 10 year streak of having at least one Canadian in the top 3 of the mens or the womens race or both!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macca looks really good....
Quote Reply

Prev Next