Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [triaustinscott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is one tight race between the women. Let's listen to Paula talk somemore about speedos.....
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [brandonecpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Too bad, but I have to say I'm tired of seeing her...seems like she's on every page of Triathlete...
I agree. One of the many reason I didn't renew this year.

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [triaustinscott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kate Major is playing a serious game of PacMan out there.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Caron, Jonathan 48/68/-- 00:53:28 05:10:07
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Xterraguy15-19] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah. Macca. He will be imposssible to beat today. He was ready to battle Normann. With him out- it's his to lose.

Say, Hillary Biscay! I once had breakfast with her and some of her crew in New Zealand. I like her- a fine sportsperson and quite a prolific Ironman racer.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We didn't. There have been several threads about them. Rappstar's a big proponent, iirc.

Gotcha. My bad.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck, I think the Zipp440 that Mark Allen used in 1991 is just as aero as anything on the course today. Mark Allen's Huffy was marginally less aero as anything today as was his Kestrel 4000, or Welchie's Softride was even more aero.

I just surprised that no one is running like Dave Scott and Mark Allen.

All the Desiree Ficker hype is coming out now that she is into T2....12:30 back and she ran a 2:40 marathon earlier this year. My bet is that marathon hurts here more than helps here. I don't think there has even been a pro who put down a fast "fresh marathon" early in the year and gotten onto the podium in Kona.

Nice to see Kate Major moving into 2nd...Lisa Bentley 19.xx out at T2!

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [skip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote of the day " and here comes Lisa Bentley, and you know what? She looks like Lisa Bentley" PNF...

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Last edited by: Fix: Oct 13, 07 16:14
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [razorfish007] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jaja passed 1000 athletes on the bike!!!! Jalabert, Laurent 1144/105/-- 38 01:15:40 04:45:49
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [skip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely!!! I think this could be Kate's day!!!
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [razorfish007] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this is freakin sweet. There's a showdown a' brewin on the run. Major with Mcglone, McCormack with deboom and alexander. That's how I see it.

-------------------------
"I like to start out slow, and then taper off."

-Doug Thorne (TVHS XC)
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [MTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IN---- credible. Ja Ja has some fine legs.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Fix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Quote of the day " and here comes Lisa Bentley, and you know what? She looks like Lisa Bentley" PNF...
Is she the John Madden of triathlon? Captain of the obvious?

;-)

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do the commentators not have access to this video??
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [sdmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
okay, i'm looking at a woman in front, i think, in saucony (i think it's wellington), followed by a gal on her feet. who is that? griesbauer? and then i thought i saw a gal up with wellington a couple of miles ago, and i thought it looked like leanda cave. she came up, passed wellington, and then got passed back. is that what i saw?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sam McGlone just caught up to Kate Major
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [sdmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, so Lieto *is* leading the race.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're saying Lieto looks so good- I think he looks like he is really suffering. Let's get a look at Macca!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What happened to Jan Raphael? The german TV was saying that Normann was actually throwing up on Friday and that Jan wasn't feeling that great on the bike either.

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [show pony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok. so lieto is in the lead. for god's sakes it's practically impossible to actually figure out what is happening.

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Jaja passed 1000 athletes on the bike!!!! Jalabert, Laurent 1144/105/-- 38 01:15:40 04:45:49

He did that deliberately as he is used to taking advantage of the draft. :-)

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Fix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Major and McGlone have hooked up and are running well together. Watch out for these two - very steady and ultimatly very fast. This is the race!!

Bently is 19 minutes back but she will eliminate at least 10 minutes of that

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
right now the best information I can give you of what's going on.........Failed to create the database connection!

-------------------------
"I like to start out slow, and then taper off."

-Doug Thorne (TVHS XC)
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought we are seeing Major and McGlone on her heels, just like we have Macca with Alexander on his heels. Yup, they just confirmed that it is Sam pulling up beside Kate...both ladies are looking really smooth
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowman..that is major and mcglone.
Quote Reply

Prev Next