Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [otto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here. Steady pace. At least until my wife notices.
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [otto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just sippin' on some Makers' waiting for school to be over.

However, I have no freakin' idea why I'm running so much (for me). I'm perpetually sore and chaffed, and yet planning on 13.1 before work tomorrow? First race is 6 months away, and I'm not racing over a 10k until next fall at the earliest.

Have a great trip aidanlynch. Hope to get the kids out on the slopes on Saturday, followed by some Warren Miller and adult beverages in the PM.

Quote | Reply
mmm... Maker's Mark... mmmm...

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [QuadsofFURY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've gone from vodka tonic to just vodka cause the tonic is making my stomach sour :p Every time I drink bourbon - wife says I stink... not good.
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [QuadsofFURY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A few folks at work who saw me suffer thru last year's challenge are shaking their head's at me. They're just jealous ;-)

Tomorrow's plan is a double (6-7 ez with the dog in the am and mystery amount approx 12? at lunchtime), but Sat is a ride, so not sure if I'll get even close to my mileage from last week.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [aidanlynch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i finally passed my drinking with my running! woohoo

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While my drinking is outpacing my running, I have two upgrades:

1) (prob just for me) add Running / Drinking / Eating Holiday Candy Can Joe Joe's (from Trader Joes) Challenge. The drinking makes me eat these things like a junkie on crack.

2) Running / Drinking / Having Sex Challenge. Drinking and Sex naturally go together.

LOL #1's upgrade will go straight to your hips! #2's, well, depends on how flexible you are!

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I've gone from vodka tonic to just vodka cause the tonic is making my stomach sour :p Every time I drink bourbon - wife says I stink... not good.

Try some 7-up or Diet 7-up with the Vodka, and add just a splash of a juice (such as OJ, Cranberry, V-8 Spash, etc).

Just ran off approximately 2,600 calories this morning - plan to recoup some of them this PM!

Quote | Reply
Thanks for the tip. As it is, I'm moving out of the top spots soon. Knee is starting to act up and I need to rest it for a 50K on the 18th. So shorter runs, some bike and real sleep. Need to weigh my priorities :)
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Vodka & Club Soda with a splash of juice. Works every time.

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
200 in 9 days? Am I doing the math right? Not sure whether to be impressed or depressed, but I'm currently in the top 5 in running so I'll take the former.

Guess I need a new challenge - I'll shoot for 200 running. Don't think I've ever done that one. Have done a few marathons, but can't remember running 50mpw 4 weeks in a row (training logs aren't my strong suit).

As for smack talk, Ha ha! You fools! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Clydesdale when drinking is involved!" Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...[QuadsofFury stops suddenly,his smile frozen on his face and falls to the right out of camera dead]

Quote | Reply
Inconceivable! ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
200 in 9 days? Am I doing the math right? Not sure whether to be impressed or depressed, but I'm currently in the top 5 in running so I'll take the former.[/i]]

Pretty sure your liver is just going to fall out on one of these runs.

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those in glass houses...

Jus sayin'...

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm drinking right now, but not swimming. Just sayin'.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm drinking right now, but not swimming. Just sayin'.

I'm running home to my drinks shortly! I got this figgered out!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I'm drinkin NOW... so get on it

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Well, I'm drinkin NOW... so get on it

Yeah, but just looking at the numbers on the "Drinking" side, you have some catching up to do anyway!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yahoo!! Done with teaching for 6 weeks! Time to go get 7 fun miles in (4 on the treadmill, 3 drinking beer at the LBS while I start putting together my new ride for next season).

Now that classes are done, I can also stop competing in the drinking portion of this event - boy, was that a bad idea for a competitive, stressed out individual to join. Yikes. Max 3/day until Rev3 Knoxville.

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Now that classes are done, I can also stop competing in the drinking portion of this event - boy, was that a bad idea for a competitive, stressed out individual to join. Yikes. Max 3/day until Rev3 Knoxville.

Good! Will give the rest of us a chance to catch up. That said, I'm not so sure I believe the 3/day.....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Besides, Rev3 Knoxville isn't until May 15th. You have tonnes of time! Whereas, we have a this whole IMNZ thingy coming up on March 5th. Shiiiiiiiiiittttt!!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Besides, Rev3 Knoxville isn't until May 15th.

Yeah, but I have some serious work to do if I want to win the CD division (would like to go sub-2:20) and I start working with a nutritionist Jan 1. The end of the semester is always a good time to get into the swing of things.

In Reply To:
You have tonnes of time! Whereas, we have a this whole IMNZ thingy coming up on March 5th. Shiiiiiiiiiittttt!!!!

I don't envy you (well, NZ would be kinda cool....)

Quote | Reply
Our tri clubs' christmas party was last night. Christmas party number two tonight!

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [Rattlesnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A tri-club Christmas party? That must have been just full of drinkers. :P Was it over by 9pm? Everyone in bed, because they are training for an Ironman?

Quote Reply

Prev Next