Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [otto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, on a bit of a bender right now. Happens at the end of every semester, particularly the fall semester when it is dark and dreary up here. I'll slow down soon.

If you need proof, I'll take a pic of the 1.75ltr bottle of Vodka I bought Thursday evening that is mostly gone.

Now to go watch Monday Night Football on the trainer for two hours...need a day off of running.

Last edited by: QuadsofFURY: Dec 4, 10 5:32
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [QuadsofFURY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, a quart of vodka in one evening! You win. I'll have to go get some hard stuff because drinking these beers is getting old and seems much less efficient. Well... off for a 3 hour run.
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [QuadsofFURY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very impressive. I don't imagine a run would be possible after a night like that!

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [otto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, no hangover. I was just thinking if it wasn't for four days of straight running, I'd go out and do a very tough 6.5 mile loop in the fresh snow.

Quote | Reply
Nice... good luck in the 5k. I love races with lots of beer at the end.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A nice easy 22km in this morning, and a Christmas Party tonight. Big numbers day!!!

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rock and Roll Vegas Half in the morning.....and then it's on like Donkey Kong!

-------------------------------
I'm faster in Kilometers!
Wattie Ink Triathlon Team
Powered by Accelerate 3
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [Fastyellow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Run fast and have fun. I have a neighbor/training partner there, sounds like a blast.

Quote | Reply
Back from a cold, snowy, and slippery run around the block. 12.39 miles.

Any other clydesdales in the challenge? 235 lbs. makes the drinking part easy, but the running is a different story....

Last edited by: QuadsofFURY: Dec 5, 10 10:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good work all, I got right faced last night and really suffered thru 18k this morning (had planned 25ish - alas my spinning head said NFW).

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well im pretty behind on the running part, and my legs feel like jello. I wonder if my liver has snuck off in the middle of the night? Of course ive had way more practice drinking than running. ha

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [Rattlesnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So after the first weekend, I have graded the run and drink portions and equally weighted them. QuadsOfFURY leads (61% of leader's run total but 100% of drinking leader's total), averaging out to 80%. Otto is right behind at 76% and Rattlesnake at 73%. 4th is knewbike mostly due to his awesome running stats (66%), then I'm in 5th (59%).

If anyone wants the excel sheet, let me know and I'll try to upload it to google docs.

Ap

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nicely done Quads. You're mad drinking skillz are really paying off. Appears I may need to step it up on that side of the challenge. Good thing the holidays are coming up....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just glad I'm not having my ALT/AST levels checked until the end of January!

I do not see myself winning the drinking portion of the challenge, you and or Rattlesnake will get me by the end of the week, but it has made me step up my game a bit on the run side - I've been stuck at about 25-30mpw for the past couple of months. Counting Tuesday's run and the 5 I'm about to do, 42+ is a very good number for me but probably a little too high too fast.

Quote | Reply
Yeah it does help to have a kick in the pants once in a while... last week (Mon thru Sun) I logged almost 75k of running, and was averaging 40-50 before that. Could be too much too fast, but it doesn't feel like it yet...

Guess we'll all find out eh? ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Must... Drink... More..... Really don't know how to keep up with that. At about my limit on the running too.
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im about to quit all this swimming and biking nonsense and get serious. I figure i can log in a few more miles running and lots more drinks if i skip the morning swim sessions. Bloody marys anyone?

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [Rattlesnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is killing me that I'm going to be running on a dreadmill this afternoon instead of XC skiing in the 15 inches of fresh snow that has fallen over the past 48 hours. Once this work thing is out of the way, I'll be able to do both.

However, snowfall seems directly correlated to alcohol consumption in this house, maybe me and the missus will have a few drinks and watch "the Shining" tonight.

Quote | Reply
yeah ditto here, last week was almost 75k which is a lot for me. all the little muscles in my feet are stiff.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just biked and drank yesterday. these other disciplines really are killing my stats!

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha, yeah I've got only 1 swim and 1 ride on tap this week due to this challenge. Come January, I am going to have to ride my a$$ off in order to get ready for IMNZ!!!

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In a 50K on the 18th. No biking for me, and no swimming either. The waters frozen.
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been MOP so far in this challenge, but want to warn everyone that my last final exam is tomorrow.

Tomorrow night - PT grad class christmas party

Friday-sunday - ski trip with 11 other severely stressed out grad students

tuesday - athletic staff open bar christmas party (coach the men's soccer team at my grad school)

i expect my drinking total to go from 30 to about 150 this time next week.. hopefully i can still drag my butt out of bed for runs ever day though

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://cyclussports.com/ - #ZeroPositive #CyclusSports
http://app.strava.com/athletes/355549
https://twitter.com/ryanAjoyce
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [aidanlynch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh good lord...

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [aidanlynch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
May the force be with you! Drink on, my friend, drink on! Just in for the daily 6-8 here. I take the slow & easy approach. Spread it out over the month. Quads on the other hand appears to just "go hard or go home".

Last edited by: otto: Dec 8, 10 17:57
Quote Reply

Prev Next