Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [Lacticbath] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's all so very....conveeeeenient!

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
solid 15 minutes of "other" tonight... expect a lot more out of me in the next few days

maybe a little running too

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://cyclussports.com/ - #ZeroPositive #CyclusSports
http://app.strava.com/athletes/355549
https://twitter.com/ryanAjoyce
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [aidanlynch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice when easy 10 milers actually become easy! Now there are visions of Rev 3 Cedar Point swimming in my head (plans were to just focus on Oly. dist. this year).

After the run, surprised myself and put up 235 on the bench - haven't lifted for strength for awhile but some other profs had it on the bar so what the hell.

Plan on watching my lead shrink rapidly this week, not to much "other" in the forecast, but hope to run 13.1 in Lake Placid Sunday morning....

Quote | Reply
Woah, we're looking at that same race too. ;-) Imagine the after-party! LOL!

My 13k up & down the mountain at lunch - same thing - starting to feel smooth/easy/lower effort. However my motivation is waning, I actually swam twice this week as a break from running! Ha!

Going to be tough to stay focused the next two weeks...

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I actually swam twice this week as a break from running!

I actually ran twice this week as a break from drinking!

In Reply To:

Woah, we're looking at that same race too. ;-) Imagine the after-party! LOL!

No, I could not imagine that! Have discussed with Mrs. Quads, seems like a possibility. My sister lives nearby in Toledo and the race is on 9/11 - she lost her husband in Iraq. Just seems kind of fitting to do it as a fundraiser for her foundation.

Quote | Reply
Oh yes...the hangover half at Cedar Point? How about a "before party"? HAHA! My brother lives in Hamilton, so a decent staging area for attending the race at Sandusky.

Had a 24hr flu bug that had me down and out yesterday. Back at it today.

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [otto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Oh yes...the hangover half at Cedar Point?

I'm thinking the full followed by the hangover? There is a great Olympic down the road from there on Father's Day - Maumee Bay. Plan on that one this year too - flat and fast.

Went to biathlon camp today instead of running, probably a no points day. Fun stuff, but damn, those targets are small!

Time to go get some skate skis.

Quote | Reply
Oh...you want to do the full at Cedar Point? Hmmm....we'll have to check the dates, in relation to IMNZ. I still think the "Hangover Half Smackdown" is a good idea. Who can drink the most the night before and still finish sub-6? Bonus points for finishing pic with projectile vomit!

Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [otto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I think no - I *know* - I can handle a half wrecked (heck we were both pretty hungover for Silverman haha!). Some of my best races were hungover. How sad. Jan will be the "detox challenge" I think...

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I still think the "Hangover Half Smackdown" is a good idea.

That sounds infinity more fun than what I was thinking. Can do that on residual fitness from August (going for, but probably won't get, 2 national championships in 8 days in August - USMS 2 mile open water (shooting for sub 42:00) and AG Nats (thank goodness there is a Masters Clydesdale division)). A hungover half in September works out great. Plus, it is super-flat which is definitely a plus for me.

Is anything going on out west at the beginning of June race-wise? I get off work May 20 - the kids and Mrs. Quads are stuck in school until June 24th, so I could use a road trip. Trying to fill in the gap between Rev 3 Knoxville and Maumee Bay on Father's Day.

We can turn January into either the detox challenge or the weight loss challenge....

Quote | Reply
The Victoria Half (Subaru West Coast Series - http://triseries.ca/) is a very nice/fast race. Heck, I was almost able to crack the 5hr barrier last year.It runs on June 19th this year. Another nice one, haven't done myself, but heard good things, is the Shawnigan Lake Sprint/Oly Half - May 29th.

As for Cedar Point.....we'll pencil that in.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Meh, finally cracked 200k - still have quite a ways to go though. Checking last year, I only managed 220k in all Dec 09 so I guess I'll take it ;-)

How's everyone feeling?

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dang it - got skunked for running today - had annual inventory count and had to keep the animals in line... tomorrow is (hopefully) a swim and a run....

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keep up the good work, AP!!

Feeling good here, but I'm obviously conceding the overall running portion of this challenge to Tri2HaveFun --- he/she is a true running animal!!

You never have the wind with you - either it is against you or you're having a good day. ~Daniel Behrman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How's everyone feeling?

Like I'm not going to ever run again! Family in town for the past week, which means lots of XC/DH skiing, skating, hockey, Kinect, etc. but absolutely no running! Mrs. Quads and I are heading to Ottawa today/tonight/tomorrow to get away from the madness, so hopefully I can wake up early tomorrow and run the second half of the marathon course to bring back painful memories and get back on track.

Happy holidays to all.

Quote | Reply
You guys are insane. Best running legs in December ever. This is the only reason I open a beer every mor....err, get out of bed every monrning.....
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [totallyspoked1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ugh, glad I ran yesterday, sure won't be today - the damn wine fairy came last night.

Almost at my Dec 2009 total now. One week to go!!!

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2 days of snowboarding served as a nice break (from running, not drinking don't worry). Unfortunately, I somehow acquired 2 ugly and painful blisters yesterday afternoon right on the ball of each foot... can't run today; hopefully they'll die down a little bit tomorrow. Thank God for biking and swimming..

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://cyclussports.com/ - #ZeroPositive #CyclusSports
http://app.strava.com/athletes/355549
https://twitter.com/ryanAjoyce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Andypants....just wanted to say thanks for setting this up. I was not really ready to dive into things full steam on Dec 1 as it was only a couple of weeks after racing in Clearwater and I needed a longer end of season break, but it was good to keep me honest the first few weeks of Dec and just get out a few times to not lose too much "hardness" in the quads!

Merry Christmas!

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey no prob... I find December can be the worst month for training... way too easy to get completely off track.

All the best to you and yours, Dev, now go xc skiing or something ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should have given a shout out to the Ottawa contingent for some company - but didn't quite know my schedule. Ran the 2nd half of the marathon course this morning as the sun was coming up. A bit on the cool side, but a beautiful run in a beautiful city (except for that stretch on Prince of Wales - dislike it during the race, and not too fond of it today either).

Nice to be back on track running-wise, and the liter of Maker's Mark from the Duty-Free shop on the way home should help with the challenge and Christmas present assembly....

Quote | Reply
Just had the animals from work over... and most of the gin is gone... maybe I shoulda run...

Woah, yeah shoulda run, getting behind here...hmmm.... can I sneak one in before turkey time?

AP

------------------------
Last edited by: AndyPants: Dec 25, 10 10:56
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [Lacticbath] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indeed, but since he/she is not on the "drinking" side, none of it counts. ;) I am going to take the overall, mark my words! Just gotta try to keep pace with Mr Quads on the "other" side.

Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [QuadsofFURY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
37 miles to go to complete the 200 & 200. Sitting at 283 on the drinking side....in the bag!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I am going to take the overall, mark my words!

Hmmm. Today's plan, run 10k then drive to the vodka store then run 10k then drink the vodka.

I have a feeling it is going to be close....

Prev Next