Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reading it creeped me out!

Susan Harrell
http://www.endurancezone.com

Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a mechanic at a bike shop these days and a guy walks up to the counter and says, "Do you have any saddle recommendations, this one is chewing up my ass. Look..." He holds up a cellphone where he has taken a pic. He took a picture! Who does that? My boss did not say a word about my use of an expletive, and my refusal to wait on him. He has not been back.
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [k2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
k2 wrote:
I'm a mechanic at a bike shop these days and a guy walks up to the counter and says, "Do you have any saddle recommendations, this one is chewing up my ass. Look..." He holds up a cellphone where he has taken a pic. He took a picture! Who does that? My boss did not say a word about my use of an expletive, and my refusal to wait on him. He has not been back.

Woah. That is hilarious.

Did he have a nice ass? I mean, aside from the chewed up part and all.

Of course, I'm joking. Guys seem to have a penchant for taking pics of their bits with their phones. Sillies.

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
squid wrote:
There's a group of us middle age guys that meet for happy hour every friday after work. One of the guys, about 57 years old, will always address a young female server (usually in her 20's) by saying "what's your name, darling?" and when asked what he would like, will sometimes say "For you to tell me when your shift is over." It even creeps me out! lol

I don't know how I missed this one. What the hell?

Two things:
1) As somebody who worked as a waitress/bartender for many years, let me tell you, you do not want to say shit like that to whoever is the main interface between your drinks and food and you. I never did anything like that, but, oh hells yes, it is done.
2) It might be wise and a little less painful for you, if you'd like to continue going out with this on-the-surface-seeming-douche, to point out to your 57(how he has made it this long without a hefty bitch slap is a little beyond me) year old friend that his M.O. has never worked. NEVER. Does the waitress ever go out with him? Does he ever get the digits? And, the name she gives him? Nope, that's not her's either.

Squid, in all seriousness, you seem too cool and, um, you know, cognizant, to hang out with this guy. What's the deal?

--------
Last edited by: luckytotri: Feb 12, 13 18:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The amount of shit wait staff have to put up with is gross.

I was mansplained today on facebook... Foreigners have a hard time getting credit cards in Japan due to well, racism/xenophobia... call it what you will. A bunch of us were explaining how we got rejected for cards when some jackass pipes up that "It isn't racism. You probably filled in the application wrong. I've never had a problem and I've been here X amount of years..." Yes, ALL of us idiots filled in the application wrong. My reply was along the lines of "Well, I guess my Japanese boyfriend must have made a mistake". Twat. Anyone else have 'that guy" who you aren't friends with, have never met but manages to pop up all over facebook and annoy the crap out of you because he knows it all?

I did have to laugh. The last time I read the thread the guys were all screaming at each other if it is discrimination, racism, xenophobia, nationalism, nationalityism....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, so this new co-worker asked me to go with him to a happy hour. I had just met the guy for a few weeks and seemed like a cool guy to hang out and have a few beers. After we order our first round, this woman sits right next to us (at the bar) and my co-worker approaches her, and the very first thing that came out of his mouth was: " I like your nose...". When I heard that, I thought I was dreaming, having a nightmare. I wanted to run away from that place and never come back.

Now it's been over a year about the incident, and I still giving him shit about that. He's still single by the way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you seem too cool

You don't know me very well. :)
In all seriousness, while I would never do that sort of thing, I do find it amusing due to the fact that he's making a fool of himself. He's not a bad guy (great tipper), though, and he doesn't do this all the time. Actually, I find his republican leaning comments more offensive (but that's a Lavender Rm topic). I wouldn't have any friends at all if I eliminated the one's that were imperfect.

Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"where is luckytotri these days, speaking of lithium deprived and all" is pretty inappropriate, IMO.

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sometimes the dumbest shit guys say is to not say anything at all.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like when your Mrs asks "Does my ass look big in this?" and you say nothing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

--------
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [Andrew69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrew69 wrote:
Like when your Mrs asks "Does my ass look big in this?" and you say nothing?

No, the dumb shit thing here is her asking, "Does my ass look big in this?"

If a woman (or man) is asking this question she is:
a) insecure
b) doesn't know how to use a mirror
c) fishing for some sort of "compliment", and how that is ever satisfying, I will never understand
d) some combo of a, b, c or all of the above

Seriously, that is what mirrors and honest self evaluation are for; don't set your SO up to fail like that.

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get a room, you two. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
squid wrote:

You beat me to it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JenSw wrote:
squid wrote:

You beat me to it.

Demented minds think alike. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
squid wrote:

Jeez, Squid, for a guy who prides himself in being a sarcastic smartass, that was kinda generic. I'm a little disappointed in you;)

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ahaha just started reading this -- I was doing the same at my gym and some massively built guy wearing a 'trainer' t-shit (not the official one of the gym) said:

"You know doing that will make your boobies smaller. True fact."
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:
ahaha just started reading this -- I was doing the same at my gym and some massively built guy wearing a 'trainer' t-shit (not the official one of the gym) said:

"You know doing that will make your boobies smaller. True fact."

Haha, awesome:) Great one. "Boobies." Gotta love guys who say "boobies."

This is a recurring theme, the whole, women-only-work-out-to-make-their-bodies-attractive-to-men thing. WTF? How about for health? How about to be a competitive athlete? What did you say to this guy when he said that to you? "How do your nuts look after all those roids?"

I have almost no tits. When I worked as a personal trainer I had MANY people say to me, in some form or another, "You would have a perfect body if you got implants/had boobs." Hmmm. OK. My body can't be "perfect" unless I have surgery? Well, that sucks. And, again, let's leave my ability to perform as an athlete completely out of the equation. WTF? I think breasts are beautiful. I COMPLETELY understand why they're attractive, but I am not about to get fucking implants. Again, I get why some women do that, and don't judge them (too much) for that, but I just would never do it. No way. Lucky for me, there are ass men;)

I was always a little baffled that people felt like this was an OK thing to say. Weird. Would you tell someone they should get a nose job? And, FTR, it was usually women, not men, who would make this comment:/ Again, weird.

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
on the 'sturdy' legs issue --

in college, during a makeout session, my paramour said 'wow your legs are burly'

yep i repeat, burly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got that I have peasant legs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
luckytotri wrote:
squid wrote:

Jeez, Squid, for a guy who prides himself in being a sarcastic smartass, that was kinda generic. I'm a little disappointed in you;)

I didn't have my "A" game that day. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:

in college, during a makeout session, my paramour said 'wow your legs are burly'

yep i repeat, burly.

What a sweet talker...grrrr baby;)

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
luckytotri wrote:
kiki wrote:

yep i repeat, burly.

What a sweet talker...grrrr baby;)

That reminds me of the time when a guy friend told me I looked like I was "built to lift heavy weights."
Quote Reply

Prev Next