Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the first 75 minutes of tomorrow's stage will tell a lot about
who is ready to take some gc risks (is ineos ready to throw arensman at the early break? sheff?)
what non gc ballers will try for the stage (lulu again? schach the monkey? count on ag2r and ef throwing soldiers at the break)
is uae (bjerg, grosschart ready?) able to take on keeping the leash short enough? i can't imagine ineos pitching in again like stage 6.

tadej's win rate of 2/7 at this giro is not up to his standard, i predict a hard race gets the gc peeps close enough to baller break that Tadej gets to 37.5% tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:

Orla dropped some cringe today at the top of the show (6AM-ish EDT? So I'm sure we ALL missed it?)

https://www.instagram.com/...gsh=bThkeDhyaHFkbWZw

I'll allow it.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indeed its allowed. South Carolina, Bama, Texas and many other southern states are larger than Ireland. It might be easy to get confused about what is what. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
Meanwhile in Hungary ...

https://www.instagram.com/...gsh=dnN4ZXZuYjZkamcw

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
“How would you say hello in American?”
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't talk shit. I was 18 and drunk in Germany when I told a few German gals that they spoke great Irish. The look they gave me shook me back a bit toward a sober state and I realized how dumb I was.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scary thing is a large number of US citizens likely think “American” is its own language.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:
Indeed its allowed. South Carolina, Bama, Texas and many other southern states are larger than Ireland. It might be easy to get confused about what is what. ;)

I wasn't at all bothered by "Y'all" that's perfectly acceptable. Example: Listen, all y'all, it's a sabotage

It was the "Howdy" that got me

Last edited by: RandMart: May 11, 24 6:43
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm most worried about Narioman getting a stage win. I'm not rooting for that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sticking with Tadej getting the win percentage up to 3/8.
i'm a little surprised that a few break riders didn't dig in and motor a bit more - chill sprint day and rest day next 2 days.
3 gc-ish riders and ineos and movistar with 2 riders (could throw one at pacemaking).
Uae must REALLY be hoping sprint teams control tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:
I'm most worried about Narioman getting a stage win. I'm not rooting for that.

He's been delivering bottles to Sanchez, so it sure looks like Movistar's plan is Sanchez again. But yeah.

Edit: But I don't think the win is coming from the break anyway.
Last edited by: trail: May 11, 24 7:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think its coming from the break either. UAE is making sure that won't happen. Pogi-smash is incoming I suppose.

Also, the PP bros are the bomb. Ready to give it a go almost every day.
Last edited by: likes_bikes: May 11, 24 7:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pog's out here on a training ride to build form for the Tour. Tiberi is spraying bullets off of the front after he heard rumour's of the Giro cat.
Last edited by: likes_bikes: May 11, 24 7:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was pretty ridiculous....metering out the sprint to maintain a bike length over Martinez when he clearly could have done more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He didn’t even stand up to cover attacks, serious flex. But glad to see some race craft and conserve energy. + Majka in MVP mode.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With so many changes to startlists, could someone remind me of the original billings? Was it a Pog vs Remco show down for the Giro and Pog vs Vingegaard show down for TdF?

If so, Pog has a decent chance at the Stephen Roche triple crown.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe the plan all along for for Remco to go all in on the Tour, so it was always going to be the Pog show.

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Primo is also lurking for the Tour. Venga would need a remarkable comeback to be race fit in 6 weeks, a tilt at the Vuelta seems more reasonable. That alone would make the triple a pretty long shot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
That was pretty ridiculous....metering out the sprint to maintain a bike length over Martinez when he clearly could have done more.

Sick.

Chapeau to Balldet for giving it a go. Hope he gets a stage later.

Was hoping Dani the Dawg could get around him. Not even close.

Vaughters is very good actually. And Kelly is nuts. Hilarious.

Orla had an off fashion day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the triple - stephen roche '87 style is Giro/Tour/Worlds
in an olympic year maybe there could be a quad?
i haven't checked the olympic rr and worlds race courses - think worlds might be switz this year as they missed it in that covid year??
A lot of things went Roche's way to get those wins. In the modern era this triple seems nearly impossible save Tadej (esp now that Slovenia can field a very strong team). Can't see Tadej not giving this all he can - esp if he misses out (or is too tired) on the Olympic rr.

I think that break let the field back in today. Understandably in a break that talented no one wants to do to much such that other stars benefit. A truly selfless Nairo could have tried some hero turns for Sanchez (maybe that makes Ineos commit one for the other too?).

The sprint teams might have their hands full controlling break attempts tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Vaughters is very good actually.

Was going say just this, today.

Love spring weekends where the sun is up before everyone else. Went on a nice long ride, have Max app on my phone so just listened to final 75km. Really enjoyed Vaughters, and the whole crew per usual.

Like the way Ineos is racing.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh yeah, and NW spring evenings

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Baller. I'm more south, but gonna do a night stroll up the mountain to see what I get.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was pretty good here in Bend, too. And suddenly summer, when it was snowing less than a week ago.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Vaughters is very good actually. And Kelly is nuts. Hilarious.

Orla had an off fashion day.

They should've led with "How do you say 'Good Morning' in America?" If they did, I missed it

Quote Reply

Prev Next