Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
We saved a watt.

I think that's all it would take. They'd buy it at retail at that point - as they've done in the past with other TT equipment.

Looks like Ineos will take ~4 of the top ~6 or so positions. So I'd presume they did all their homework across every detail of TT.

Meanwhile Pog is holding exactly zero back railing turns.

I lost my local TT last night by 0.4s, and forgot to even shave my legs. :(
Last edited by: trail: May 10, 24 7:55
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is UAE running the ENVE disc in the back?
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:

not sure but they have been using the Aerocoach wheel in other races
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:
Yes.

Re Classified, have talked to a few media that have ridden it. Mixed bag comments but mostly positive.

Back to TT: Ganna—he’s back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did I see a front derailleur on Geraint's bike ?
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not great ride by U-broeks. I guess Classified>Jumbo helmet.
Last edited by: trail: May 10, 24 8:11
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice.

Cian rode a better TT than I expected.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
likes_bikes wrote:

Like when?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
marcag wrote:
likes_bikes wrote:

Like when?

UAE for one
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pog looks like he is flying uphill. I love Ganna in the hot seat telling him to slow down.
Last edited by: likes_bikes: May 10, 24 8:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ganna is hilarious, motioning for Pog to chill out.

Edit: Oops, take my 4/6 comment back. Thomas slipped.
Last edited by: trail: May 10, 24 8:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pogacar is flying up the climb. Mega ride from. Sheffield too.

Looks like Cian will need some of the Visma TT magic. Not a bad ride but I think Bardet finished ahead of him. That’d be shipping a lot of time to the GC guys who can TT (which is most of them).
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: May 10, 24 8:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Purple pants > Classified > New Giro helmet.

GC race might turn to a race for 2nd, at least until Pog shows signs of a bad day at some point.
Last edited by: trail: May 10, 24 8:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He even had enough time to soft pedal and celebrate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got to be just short of 3 minute lead now, if my math is in ballpark.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep. About 2:45 to Martinez. G just behind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had no idea MartĂ­nez is that good on TT bike. He has a legit podium shot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's always been a good TT'er. His issue has been staying upright through a whole grand tour.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
was the wind a factor for later starters?
I have to think Arens, Sheff, and Ganna were allowed (encouraged?) to pace more aggressively (early) but the 2 splits before the climb seemed much slower for the final gc dudes.

Tadej's climb finish today bodes ominously (for others) for when he goes tomorrow - with 2:36 lead (and the memory of O'Connor's Icarus moment) who will chase him?
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fredericknorton wrote:
was the wind a factor for later starters?
I have to think Arens, Sheff, and Ganna were allowed (encouraged?) to pace more aggressively (early) but the 2 splits before the climb seemed much slower for the final gc dudes.

Tadej's climb finish today bodes ominously (for others) for when he goes tomorrow - with 2:36 lead (and the memory of O'Connor's Icarus moment) who will chase him?

I have to think the guys in 2nd-7th are going to start eyeballing each other a bit more than Ferris. You'd better know what you're doing chasing Pog, or else as you say, Icarus.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like the GC strategy was to go all-in for that final climb, and the splits seem to bear that out. I guess with Ganna it was maybe more of a "play to your strengths" thing, but I don't imagine he'd have thought he'd lose a full minute to Tadej on that climb.

Meanwhile in Hungary, Nys looking solid again. Strong performance and now leading GC. This is looking like a breakout year for him.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ganna and Plappy (just tack a Y on the end of any Aussie name and you've got their nickname) had a great big brother little brother exchange going on especially when Martinez came in. Laughed out loud.

Orla has a bad fashion day yesterday but bounced back big time today. Pro.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:

I can't imagine the size of her closet. I'm not sure she's ever repeated an outfit. Meanwhile I think Dan Lloyd has like 3 pairs of jeans and t-shirts, and one pair of beat-up sneakers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
I have to think the guys in 2nd-7th are going to start eyeballing each other a bit more than Ferris. You'd better know what you're doing chasing Pog, or else as you say, Icarus.
Things can go bad in a blink but have to think you’re right; they haven’t even done a tough mountain stage and he’s already 2:45 up. And if teams shift strategy to getting on the podium then it’ll take a load of pressure off UAE to control every stage. Will be interesting to see how deep Ferris has to (or doesn’t have to) go, especially if he gains another minute or two.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
McNulty wrote:

I can't imagine the size of her closet. I'm not sure she's ever repeated an outfit. Meanwhile I think Dan Lloyd has like 3 pairs of jeans and t-shirts, and one pair of beat-up sneakers.

Orla dropped some cringe today at the top of the show (6AM-ish EDT? So I'm sure we ALL missed it?)

https://www.instagram.com/...gsh=bThkeDhyaHFkbWZw

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next