Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [flogazo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Flogazo
I am asking global but my guess is it is still the same load on the battery for the GPS. You can probably experiment with a familiar route with following a route and not following a route and see the battery level post ride? In your Triathlon "sports profile", you might want to adjust the GPS record rate for the swim or turn it off if you think you are cutting it close for the whole race ?
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [flogazo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can confirm that my v800 made it through my first 11:49 Ironman and my second 9:45 Ironman. Obviously did not have route guidance on.

flogazo wrote:
Hi,

does the route guidance feature put an extra strain on the battery versus just normal high-accuracy GPS without guidance?

Context:
I just noticed that after my last couple of 4-6 hour rides, the remaining battery was very low.
This would have me worried for my upcoming (hopefully 9-10 hr) IM. The thing is, that I used breadcrumb navigation with a pre-planned route for all of those (Which I obviously won't for the IM).

So will I be fine or has my battery lost capacity in the 3 years I've been using the device?

KR
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [duncan-m-w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
duncan-m-w wrote:
I can confirm that my v800 made it through my first 11:49 Ironman and my second 9:45 Ironman. Obviously did not have route guidance on.
Cheers,
I have successfully done a couple with the watch myself, but the recent post-longride battery-level experiences got me worried...

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [Wayne@PolarUSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone else have problems with the altitude on the V800?

Mine has been playing up for a year or so no matter of update / battery state etc, it will either show completely ludicrous gain or register nothing, never ever anything in between or anything that could be right. I kind of got over it as it doesn't bother me, but it came up in conversation that out of the 4 of my friends that have the V800 3 of us have this issue.

Anyone else see this and any ideas - this can't be bad luck - 3/4 is a bit of a failure rate.

I will say except this it's been a pretty solid watch and I wouldn't hesitate to get another.
Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [Steve_G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a friend who gets bogus elevation on her v800 regularly. Oftentimes reporting figures of 20,000 feet elevation during a 1 hour run on flat terrain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Wayne I've had my V800 since pre order. I sent it back one for the battery swell issue. Came back and has been working flawlessly. Today I went swimming and the screen has went blank with just 2 black lines on it. It appears water has gotten behind the gorilla glass. There isn't a crack in the face. What are my options since I've had it since the V800 first came out? Kinda figured it wouldn't be under warranty anymore and didn't know if it would cost more to fix it than it would to just buy a new one. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [Steve_G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve_G wrote:
Does anyone else have problems with the altitude on the V800?
"The air pressure sensor is located in the upper part of the back case, and the air holes are in the screw cavities on right side. Clean the device with a mild soap and water solution under running water to prevent the air holes from being blocked."
http://support.polar.com/...15&category=faqs
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [acco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll try that (although I do like to think I keep it clean)

Thanks for tip.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [AdamL2424] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM me your details, and I can see our policy here. When it was replaced etc .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well after 3 cleans of the sensor and 3 rides with junk data, I think I can safely assume that's not the issue.

Oh well. Back to living with it.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [ChrisZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got mine a few days ago, everything is set to metric including options in Polar Flow. On my first run this morning I was getting pace / mile instead of km. What is the quick fix , thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [ChrisZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greetings,
Just switched from fenix 3 and edge 800 to Polar V800 and V650.

Why? Silly crazy deal on both Polar units. Basically the sale of my fenix more then paid for both the V800 and V650.....and I also like the Polar web flow service.

OK, question: Has anyone successfully broadcast their V800 HR to another device like the V650? I have the setting on the V800 to broadcast the HR, but the V650 doesn't pick it up. I set the V650 to "search for a new pairing". But no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Gunnar
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [Gunnar9090] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried to do the HR rebroadcast- I'm led to believe they never got it working.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grab a H10 heart rate belt and you will have one analog signal and two separate Bluetooth signals. Pair one Bluetooth signal with the V800 and the other with the cycle computer.

Or, use the analog signal for the V800 and have two Bluetooth signals left to use as you see fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [BigHammer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahh, so it works with a H10 Belt? Interesting. I wonder why not with the Scosche Rythym+?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tested this yourself or do you have a reference to that the H10 has dual BLE? I was under the impression that it does have dual signals, but one is BLE, the other analog.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking more like return the V650 and get a Wahoo Bolt or Elemnt. They understand both BLE and ANT+, just as your Scosche, maximum flexibility. The V800 is solid though, I like it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the v650 for £53 so it's a keeper. Not the end of the world I can't get HR to both my V800 and V650.

Also agree the V800 is a solid watch. Best part for me is the screen is so much easier to read then my fenix 3.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, that was a good deal! How much was the V800 then? Got a link?

I find that I rearly need to use both a watch and a bike computer though, only in multisport sessions, when I want everything on the watch, but need the bigger screen on the bike only.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The H10 doesn't have dual BT. It transmits two signals, one BT and one 5kHz. Since the BT signal doesn't travel well underwater, the V800 uses the 5kHz signal for the swimming or open water sport profile. The V650 only uses the BT signal.

If you want to use the V800 and the V650 (or the M450-M460) at the same time, first pair the H10 with the V650, then the V800 will pick up the 5kHz signal. You must do it in that order. For triathlons I recommend that you delete the H10 pairing from the V800 so we you come out of the water and onto the bike the V650 will pick up the BT signal, otherwise the V800 will pick up the BT before or during the swim and you won't be able to conecte the H10 to the V650 during the bike portion of the race.

http://www.verynooty.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The air holes are located in the screw cavity closest to the light button, that is the top right corner if the watch is facing down.

In my case the humidity and sweat affect the altitud readings. Since I live in South Florida I never get a correct measurement.

http://www.verynooty.com
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [BigH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apologies: I expressed this badly.

As I understand it - from the DCRainmaker blog so it must be true! - the H10 supports Bluetooth 4.2 and therefore will connect with at least 2 (possibly more?) Bluetooth devices concurrently. This is different from the H7, which can only connect to one Bluetooth device at any one time.

I haven't tested it yet but will do so this weekend.
Last edited by: BigHammer: Jun 28, 17 14:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool if you test it, because there's no reference to it in the specs or manual from Polar. If it's true, I'll buy one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In response to where I found the deals:

Got both the v800 and v650 here in the U.K. On Ebay. The v800 had a broken watch band and went for £63. New replacement watch band was £30, so just under £100 for the watch.

The V650 was being sold as "for parts or repair" as the seller could t get it to synchronize with his computer. I took a gamble and found out he probably didn't dig deep in the settings and choose between Mac or PC. Works great now that I set it to Mac.
Last edited by: Gunnar9090: Jun 28, 17 15:55
Quote Reply

Prev Next