Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [Gunnar9090] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, HR to both my V800 and V650 solved.

I just realised that during a triathlon I usually use a chest strap (or sometimes a Scoshe optical HR sensor). BUT, I also use a Lazer Lifebeat Genesis helmet with with built in ANT+/Bluetooth HR. Problem solved for getting HR to the V650.

.....but it would still be nice if the re-broadcast of the HR signal would work with the V800.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [BigH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigH wrote:
For triathlons I recommend that you delete the H10 pairing from the V800 so we you come out of the water and onto the bike the V650 will pick up the BT signal, otherwise the V800 will pick up the BT before or during the swim and you won't be able to conecte the H10 to the V650 during the bike portion of the race.

This is obviously true for the H7 as well and I recall seeing reports of dropouts with the analog 5kHz signal and even interference with the V800 GPS. I wonder if that was a firmware problem that is now fixed or a hardware problem, possibly fixed in later V800. Or is it still a problem? Don't have my H7 with me now, can't test.

Isn't the problem with the analog signal also that it can connect to someone else's HR belt if you start the session in a crowd, like in a tri start, waiting for the swim.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [ChrisZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is Chris still monitoring this thread??

Thanks,
G
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [apache] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris is not with Polar anymore, but Wayne has been quite active, see recent posts.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [acco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
acco wrote:
Chris is not with Polar anymore, but Wayne has been quite active, see recent posts.

Ok, thanks!

~BREAK~

Wayne, I need a new watch band for my V800. The watch is out of warranty. Is there anyway to purchase a band and have it sent to me without sending the watch in? (trying the reduce the red tape here)

Thanks!
G
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [acco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't had any problems using the analog signal in a crowd such as in a triathlon race nor during training.

http://www.verynooty.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, good to know, I'll give analog a try for a few sessions next week. Pretty slim chance that another Polar analog user would be close by in a tri, btw. Maybe in Finland.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Is Chris still monitoring this thread??

I still get emails when the thread resurrects! So the answer is yes, kind of. But I left Polar about 2.5 years ago.

Wayne looks to still be plugging away and monitoring the thread officially (he's awesome)

I still loyally rock my V800
Last edited by: ChrisZ: Jun 29, 17 10:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buehler??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigH wrote:
The H10 doesn't have dual BT. It transmits two signals, one BT and one 5kHz. Since the BT signal doesn't travel well underwater, the V800 uses the 5kHz signal for the swimming or open water sport profile. The V650 only uses the BT signal.

If you want to use the V800 and the V650 (or the M450-M460) at the same time, first pair the H10 with the V650, then the V800 will pick up the 5kHz signal. You must do it in that order. For triathlons I recommend that you delete the H10 pairing from the V800 so we you come out of the water and onto the bike the V650 will pick up the BT signal, otherwise the V800 will pick up the BT before or during the swim and you won't be able to conecte the H10 to the V650 during the bike portion of the race.

My bad, I was referring to the H7 monitor NOT the H10

Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [Wayne@PolarUSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for all your help Wayne!! You're awesome!!! You are a huge asset to this forum and the triathlon community!!! Thanks again brother!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@Apache Please PM me and we can take this offline :)
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [AdamL2424] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Adam
Happy to help! The goal is to always keep you guys recording your Polar data!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Wayne, I need a new watch band for my V800. The watch is out of warranty. Is there anyway to purchase a band and have it sent to me without sending the watch in? (trying the reduce the red tape here)

Not sure if you found one already or not, but Creative Health Products (chponline.com / polarservicecenter.com) has them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wayne@PolarUSA wrote:
Hi Flogazo
I am asking global but my guess is it is still the same load on the battery for the GPS. You can probably experiment with a familiar route with following a route and not following a route and see the battery level post ride? In your Triathlon "sports profile", you might want to adjust the GPS record rate for the swim or turn it off if you think you are cutting it close for the whole race ?

The anser: The battery did run out ofter about 8 hours. So it wasn't the routing and we now know that battery lifespan on a somewhat slowtwitch-like volume is about 3 years until you're left with a non-Ironman feasible battery lifetime. I'll be trying to get the battery replaced...

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When is the Polar V800 Successor coming?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love the V800's sleep tracking feature because of its accuracy. Dedicated sleep trackers I've tried weren't even close. However, after one of the flow app updates I started seeing inaccurate readings. Has anyone notice this?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, last update seemed to render the sleep tracking inaccurate. Any word on fixing Polar reps?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@BigH
Thank you for the email and data, it was shared with our team to communicate back to global. I do not think we need access to your account
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [coryalps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly what everyone is wondering. It's been too long and I'm starting to lose patience.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A little bump on the question about logging rowing Strokes per Minute with the V800 (or any other Polar with G-sensors). The periodic motion of a rowing oar should be easy to catch up using G-sensors.
I also recently tried to get this data by taping my S3 stride sensor to my oar but it did not catch any cadence below 30 (which seems logical seeing that the stride sensor is for running). Also, the stride lengths were a bit odd but that was to be expected.
Perhaps Wayne, if you see this. I hope you can help. It would be such a small thing to add to the otherwise brilliant V800 !!!

Made my account especially for this question after seeing that Polar employees seem to be active here :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I've been a very happy user of M400 for 3 years (running and biking), until i changed to V800 to include open water swimming and start triathlon training.

I was disappointed to see that my V800 cannot keep track of the heart rate in the water. As you can see below in the "Open water swimming" section of the diagram the heart rate is at a constant 119-120bpm which cannot be true. This malfunction was confirmed at later open water sessions. No matter what i did, the V800 recorded a heart rate of 119-120bpm.

Another session with open water swimming:

The GPS function is also not best when in open water swimming mode. As you can see in the following diagram from the same triathlon race there is quite a difference between the actual and the Polar recorded track:

I have used both my H7 HRMs to test the open water swimming functionality, one of them has the new pro strap. The results were about the same. Totally wrong HRM recording, almost unusable gps tracking when in open water swimming mode.

My questions are:
1. Is my device faulty and should send it for repair or this is normal behaviour?
2. If it is normal, should I wait for a fix or it cannot be fixed by firmware?
3. Could the situation be improved if I purchase an new HRM (H10)

Thank you in advance
Last edited by: DimitrisV: Jul 27, 17 4:41
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [DimitrisV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been using my V800 for a while and have not seen the issue you are seeing.

I get pretty accurate HR readings in the water, with the occasional drop out. I do think it works best with a fresh battery (and I only use Sony batteries)

I do see some strangeness in the OWS GPS tracking. I routinely train with some friends in a local lake. We swim across and back, stopping and waiting for everyone. I may swim a quick out and back while waiting. And even though I am starting and stopping in pretty much the exact same spot, my position will jump a few meters when changing directions.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's good to know that it works for someone. I will try a change of battery, but I don't have high hopes. I changed the battery on my first H7 after 2 years as a precaution and this one is only 5 months old.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [DimitrisV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume you are waiting for the GPS to sync and for you HR to show on the pre-workout screen.

Does the HR show brightly or slightly dimmed? When it switches to 500 mhz, I think it shows slightly dimmed.

Have you connected and synced through a computer and upgraded to the latest firmware?

I thought it was odd that even your stroke cadence didn't show up, so maybe you do have a defective unit.
Quote Reply

Prev Next