Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dirty Secrets [snackattack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
- I can drink a fifth of whiskey in one sitting and go to work the next day

- I have no idea how to talk up women (probably a good thing)

- I have had my poetry published

- I too was stoned from 1981-1990

- I like to exercise so hard I puke

- I fear dying old and alone and not being found for months, after my cats have eaten my face

- I have committed random acts of violent vandalism

- I am vain enough to be a metrosexual, but too repressed to actually buy hair gel

- I am often lonely

- this is the best thread ever

"What kind of a stupid post is this?" - swimfan
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [RAinBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, here are some of mine. I kept thinking of good ones over the weekend, but now I can't remember them... This is a great thread!!
  • I once did a small-town triathlon solely so I could take the overall win away from someone I didn't like. It was so much fun I am doing it again this year.
  • I have a childhood teddy bear that travels with me everywhere and sleeps with me at night. My husband even had him out cheering for me at a few ironman events. He's so ragged and dirty (the teddy bear), but I can't wash him because he'd fall apart.
  • I just lost 5 pounds and now can't get enough of my abs in the mirror. Another 5 and my ass will be there too.
  • I generate an insane amount of snot while biking. Sometimes I've sucked it back in through my mouth. I figure it all ends up in the same place anyways so it really isn't so gross. I do it around my husband but no one else.
  • I have a few nipple hairs that I have to shave off every so often.
  • I LOVE passing men on the bike. It cracks me up to see when they try and pass back. Then I go by them even faster the 2nd time.

Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am addicted to Clif bars.

~Alan~
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [gottabekidding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only going cold turkey can save you... I'll PM you my postal address, send them to ME! :-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [calee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, this must be the greatest thread ever on ST...

- I have a terrible fondness for Burger King french fries - I'll eat them 2 or 3 times a month.

- I LOVE spending lots of money on underwear and training clothes and tri gear, but I resent spending money on clothes for work.

- The arrogance of many triathletes really bugs me. Unfriendly triathletes stink.

- I have only worn thong underwear for the past 12 years.

- I think flip turns are WAY overrated, and although I can do them, I refuse to.

- I think Cytomax tastes like crap.

- I really don't like chocolate or coffee and I never eat/drink them.

- I bought a CompuTrainer 6 months ago, and I have only used it 3 times.

- I honestly don't know the difference between tubulars and clinchers, and I don't know which one I have.

- I have the song "Save a horse, ride a cowboy" on my iPod shuffle running mix. I'm not sure how well it fits in with Queen, U2, Shaggy, Jimmy Cliff, Shakira, and Abba...

- For the only 2 weeks I ever had cable TV, I watched CMT every day.

- I absolutely LOVE staying in nice hotels. And I LOVE airports. And trains and cars. Being in motion is much better than not.

- I've lived in my house for 4 years and I have never cleaned the floors myself.

- I love to camp, and I love triathlons, but I refuse to do them together - it would require too much gear.

- If I lived in Canada, I don't know if I would have the discipline to train for triathlon in bad weather.

- I wish that Martin Sheen was the real president. Then I could be happier about our country.
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [AZTriGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  • I am the ultimate posuer...I can't swim and don't own a bike, but I love to run.
  • I'd kiss this forum goodbye, but alll the running forums suck.
  • I have a corporate job because that's what was expected of me, but I hate it.
  • I will never quit my corporate job.
  • I love my kids more than life itself.
  • I don't like children.
  • I am a Christian.
  • I'm way too judgemental.
  • smartasscoach will flame me.
  • I'm a Republican with liberal tendencies (mostly environmental).
  • I think Starbucks tastes like peat moss.
  • I miss my grandpa and the smell of his Zippo lighter.
  • I think about what my life would be like if I were single.
  • I'm afraid my wife is going to get tired of me.
  • I miss Mr. Tibbs.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have I tried a pick-up line on you yet?
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Have I tried a pick-up line on you yet?

like it'll work after the Veet thread....

(just kiddin' Gopha.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey..............come on over and we can wax togethor......
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [Matt Boutte] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The first ones are not secrets... at least for me ;-)

And how's this for a self-fulfilling prophecy? :-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's nice to know that some things can be counted on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-I have had panick attacks going downhill on my bike

-I am so scared of the ocean, i don't don't in the water above my knees and was once rescued (2 years ago) by a mexican in a snorkeling trip, he thought I was drowning. yet I am training for kona

-I have a hard time passing trucks on the highway

-I do often wear underwear under my bike shorts

-My favorite fast food is poutine (french fries/gravy/cheese)
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [Marisol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Poutine??

you really have to meat Jonathan then...he's been trying to convince me that this 'stuff' is real food and is good...
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, I cannot recollect a pickup line from Ze Gopha.

What is Veet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"What's Veet?"

Money I should have spent on you.
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dirty little secrets...what dirty little secrets????

- I love being a Jedi but I yearn for the power of the dark side.

- I have never met anyone with my patience and tolerance.

- I complain of my poor performance but then am secretly happy to be at the back of the pack checking out the latest women's fashions in tri wear.

- I really want a tri girlfriend but am intimidated by said stereotype.

- I've never met anyone who was a bigger under acheiver than myself....something that was foreshadowed in elementary school...."does not work to his full potential".....I saw this on no less than 20 report cards from my childhood.....wish I could've grasped the importance of this back then.

- Before triathlons the last competitive sport I competed in was tee ball.
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [Cmikul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to think a trigirlfriend might be nice.

Then I read the Dirty Secrets thread. I never knew so many of them had hygiene issues.

Clean is not bad.

Really.
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [RAinBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the props, RA.

A couple I forgot to mention:
  • It chaps my hide when people refer to their pets as "children", treat them like children, or say, "I know how you feel, Spot did that for a week when we first got him" when I tellthem how hard it was dealing with a newborn that needed to be fed every two hours for the first eight weeks of his life. Animals are not people.
  • I'm an Athiest and I like to tell people, just to see how they'll react.
  • I size people up in the first 30 seconds I meet them, then I never change my opinion. I only know of one time I made a mistake.
  • I used to conduct investigative interviews for a living and can tell if someone is lying to me by subtle things like when they blink or the way their breathing changes. I never use this talent in my personal relationships.

http://www.churchofcycling.org
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [MtTamRnr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to live in Cole Valley, Gordo's was pretty much a nightly thing! Yes, Los Hermanos is on Chestnut! I'm coming up for Alcatraz, you can bet I'll be making a visit to the brothers! :-D I grew up in Marin and LOVE LUCINDAS!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just moved in around the corner from Los Hermanos this weekend. 2 blocks away. I work in Marin and live in SF. I'll stop by Los Hermanos on my ride home tonight and give it a shot. Done and done.

------------------------------------------------------------

"He broke into the long easy lope, and went on, hour after hour, never at loss for the tangled way, heading straight home through strange country with a certitude of direction that put man and his magnetic needle to shame."

-Call of the Wild
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
- I don't listen to others well enough

- I did my first of 5 IM's only to prove something to others (now I could give a sh!T)

- I'm embarssed by the fact that I'm scared sh!tless on long high speed descents and often wonder is this the last second I'm going to be alive.

- I'm not good to my family

- I rationaize my actions too often

- Instead of taking action, I let problems linger sometimes too long

- I'm a poor writter but I'm an engineer

-Can't spell for my life or is that redudentent
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [Spiderman05] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: Heatmiser: Nov 13, 05 7:06
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [friluftsliv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here goes.

- I feel out of place in this forum. There are some elite athletes here and I have only done 1 sprint tri. Although I now have plans for many more.

- This thread does not beat the hottie thread.

- I lose respect for people who do not know the difference between your and you’re. Also to, too, and two, and their and there.

- Even more annoying to me is the difference between good and well. As in “I am well.”

- I have driven drunk way too many times and gotten away with. I often thank God I didn’t kill someone.

- I frequently get upset at people for doing things that I do myself.

- I cannot understand how anyone could be so apathetic towards life to think it is ok to abort a child.

- I am pro-death penalty in certain circumstances.

- Having the 2 previous opinions sometimes makes me feel hypocritical.

- I love watching Jeopardy and usually do well, however the Tournament of Champions is kicking my ass.

- I am a selfish person.

- Ever since reading about a guy who wants cashiers to check his I.D. when he buys something, http://www.zug.com/pranks/credit/ and http://www.zug.com/pranks/credit_card/ , I haven’t signed my name on any receipts. I have even signed “slowtwitcher” recently. My favorite way to sign is a tic-tac-toe board.

- I have only been swimming a few months and I am bad.

- I haven’t taken pictures of my cycling position out of fear of how bad it is.

- Next month I am going back to finish my bachelor’s after 3+ years away.

- I will be the first person in my family to finish college.

- I have never smoked anything in my life. I don’t think this makes me better than anyone who does.

- I have a huge thing for Suze Orman.

- My wife doesn’t know how much my bike costs.

- I think even if it is fiction, there is probably some truth to Tom D’s story. (http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/editorials/0000023.shtml) Great short story by the way.

- I watch too much reality t.v.

- I have only ridden on my trainer 3 times in 6 months.

- My children are by far my favorite people in the world.

- I am going to miss them so much when my wife and I separate (for good) in a few weeks.

- I think there should be mandatory counseling before people get married.

- I won’t date for awhile, unless I meet a hot tribabe!

- I came within a few feet or seconds of being killed in Iraq several times. Either I am extremely lucky, or a higher power was watching over me. I believe the latter.

- Dozens of people were killed in the neighborhoods I was in charge of in Baghdad, including 3 American soldiers. JR, RB, IM. I was with IM when he died. I helped recover JR’s body. I think of these heroes every day, and I am sure that will happen everyday for the rest of my life.

- Several other soldiers have been killed in my sector since I left. While none of these soldiers, including the 3 from above, were in my unit, I feel a great deal of responsibility for their deaths.

- I saved the ones that were tougher for me to write until the end, and wrote a lot of these so hopefully people would get bored and not read them all.

Peace!
Last edited by: jlkst87: May 16, 05 20:19
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [jlkst87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
- Ever since reading about a guy who wants cashiers to check his I.D. when he buys something, http://www.zug.com/pranks/credit/ and http://www.zug.com/pranks/credit_card/ , I haven’t signed my name on any receipts. I have even signed “slowtwitcher” recently. My favorite way to sign is a tic-tac-toe board.
That's hilarious!

I speed every time I drive, but I am too scared to go through a red light at 4:45 in the morning when there are no other cars.

I love to take showers. I sometimes take 2-3 a day.

I can't change a flat even though I took a class.

I don't clean my bike chain.

I remember the first mile I ever ran.

I quit smoking after 26 years, completed a marathon, rode 100 miles on my bike, but I can't loose weight.

I hate my job, but make too much money to quit.

I am buying a house next month and I don't know if I can make the mortgage payments.

I have read every dirty secret.
Quote Reply

Prev Next