Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dirty Secrets [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scout hit the nail on the head. The whole hair thing is a pain in the butt. There is no such thing as a quick rinsing off.
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [scout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AH! The hair thing! I don't have that to worry about, a Mach3 in the morning solves that problem.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [LarryCalifornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After reading your list, that explains a lot. :-)

Tri-ing for a cure.

NYtrigal's Team in Training Page

Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Dirty Secrets [Armored Avenger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like this thread a lot. In between thoughts of annihilating my enemies, I came up with some more confession stuff;
  • I can't do a flip turn
  • I can't read a pace clock
  • I get 'hit on' by dudes more than chicks and it pisses me off.
  • Most maps of "The World" only show the tip of Antartica.....like the rest of it isn't worth showing because it isn't a part of "The World." This pisses me off too.
  • Those old "Werthers Original" commercials still give me the creeps.
  • I drink day old coffee out of my coffee maker.
  • I collect paper towel art.

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  • oh boy
  • Last edited by: Gary Tingley: Jun 28, 05 21:38
    Quote Reply
    Re: Dirty Secrets [snackattack] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Mine is the ultimate dirty secret on this forum: I draft every chance I get during a race.
    Quote Reply
    Re: Dirty Secrets [LarryCalifornia] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Emmy awards?? I'd like to hear that/those story/ies.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
    Quote Reply
    Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    • Like many of the other females on this forum, I don't "get" other women. What's with the group bathroom thing? Also, say what you mean, don't play games.
    • I miss my competitive days but don't have the mental commitment to put that much time into it again.
    • I'll drink a Diet Coke once in a while when my husband is not around (he thinks it's poison)
    • I think bathroom humor and farts are funny
    • I fantasize about living alone
    • I rode only tubulars because I hated to change clinchers
    • I wish chocolate was one of the main food groups
    • When my sons were much younger, I would always give them the lime and orange popsicles, life savers, gummy bears, etc. because cherry was my favorite flavor....to this day they both still prefer those flavors
    • I was a member of the Thespian Club in high school
    • American's Funniest Home Videos makes me laugh until I cry

Quote | Reply
    • This is my favorite thread, EVER, on ST
    • I couldn't pick a "bottom bracket" out of a line-up
    • I was really on the fence about having a kid - and now realize it's the best thing that's ever happened to me
    • When I become passionate about something, I am completely overcome with gaining knowledge about it. My current fascination is poker.
    • I'd love to get my pilot's license, but I get nervous flying
    • At this point in my life, I have no desire whatsoever to do any race longer than Oly distance
    • I like to wear expensive clothes, both at work and on the bike. But not any other time.
    • I go insane when people misuse "they're, their" and "there"
    • I'm better than most people at most sports. I'm not better than the good people at any sports.
    • Prior to buying my Specialized Allez a year and a half ago, my last bike was used for delivering papers - when I was 12.
    • I had to check the 35-39 box on my latest race entry form for the first time
    • I don't think most people are as busy as they think they are
    • I've never smoked or done illegal drugs of any sort, and I don't feel like I missed out on anything
    • If you told me I could win every race I enter for the rest of my life, but never have my 1 1/2 year old son fall asleep with his head on my shoulder again, I'd tell you to go to hell, straight to hell.

http://www.churchofcycling.org
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    Here's some I forgot:

- I've had sex in a cemetery more than once.

(On the tablelike stone on the left and under the tree to the right - Wethersfield, CT)

(this one is across the street from my High School - Haddonfield, NJ)

- I'm deathly afraid of heights, elevators, and junkyard dogs

- I will eat bugs to entertain my daughter (grasshoppers and ants, mostly)

- I buy most of my training clothes at Target

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
    "Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply

I pick those teeny little stubs off the side of my Michelin tires one by one with tweezers, just in case it makes an aerodynamic difference.

--Jens
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    - My tri bike is 16 years old.

- I love my wife like crazy but regularly fantasize about a one night stand. She thinks I'm a better man than I am. I love her for it.

- I lack self confidence is a big way. Sometimes when I'm in a room full of people I feel like I'm invisible and no one can hear me.

- I haven't had a drink in 21 years, I've never smoked and don't do drugs but I sometimes drink 12 or 13 cups of coffee a day.

- I used to jump out of airplanes for a living but I hate heights.

- I will only eat a granola bar if it's smothered in Nutella.
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    I don't like blonds
    I wish I could have brought my girlfriend back from the Phillipines
    I hate beer (or any alcoholic beverage)
    I hate coffee but like the smell
    I like shaving my legs
    I like the Gundam Wing cartoon series
    I really can't stand my X-wife but everyone thinks we're good friends
    I have a thing for a lot of tri-ladies but would never tell them
    I typically go 3 years between girlfriends (broke up with the last on in Feb)
    I think my neighbor is hot!!! (and she is blond so she must be smokin')
    Everyone thinks I know how to fix anything but I really just figure is out as I go
    Given the chance, I would eat a whole bag of Oreos
    Last edited by: jaretj: Mar 24, 07 10:56
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    When I got back into cycling in '92:

- my first road bike that I had when I got back into the sport was a kid's Giant. Never raced it, but for $25, that was what I could afford.

- I wore cotton T-shirts until I could afford a real race strip.

-Wore my ex's cycling-style shorts with underwear until I could afford some real cycling shorts.

-Wore a hockey helmet until I could afford a real cycling helmet (as before I quit the first time, I had dremeled out the big, huge Bell helmets because they were waaaaaaay too heavy and hot, and that helmet was toast).

-second road bike was a Nishiki with Campy AND Huret components that I bought for $50.

-after buying real cycling shorts, I wore them every day only washing them once per week. I learnt my lesson the hard way, and them washed them daily.

And after I could somewhat afford to buy real stuff:

--I put a 125mm axled Zipp disc on my road bike that had a 130mm rear dropout spacing.

--Trained on race wheels because I could not afford replacement training wheels. This was with an employee discount.

--Bought a Zipp 3000 front and 1150 disc rear on credit, then was fired from my job in two months.

--Trained with a hangover six months consecutively.
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    This is quite possibly one of the best threads ever.

*I used to be well on my way to obese, and now I can't stand to see fat people. Part of me feels for them because I know how bad it feels to be that way 24/7, but the rest of me is screaming 'Put down that fuckin' burger and go for a walk you huge lazy bastard'. It makes me sad to see an obese couple out with their kids who are also well on their way to an early death after an uncomfortable life.

*One of my secret fantasies is this: I come up to a stoplight and the person in the car in front of me tosses a cigarette butt out on the road. I get out of my car, pull their ass out of theirs, and make them pick it up right there in front of everybody else stopped at the light.

*The other day, I was out for a run with my dogs and for some reason, I couldn't stop thinking about the day I'll have to take the female to the vet to be put to sleep. I could see myself holding her as she lay on the table and took her last breath. I had to stop running and stand there in the woods until I could get myself back under control. This will be one of the worst days in my life.

*The thing that keeps me going in my training is the 'magic day'. This is the day where you are totally dialed in. You find the perfect pace, You are totally in the moment, you feel strong enough to push the envelope right to the edge, and it just seems effortless. All it takes is one of those per season to keep me out there suffering all year.

*The Cowboy Junkies' version of Townes Van Zandt's "Cowboy Junkies Lament" never fails to tear me up - it is one of the most achingly beautiful songs ever written.

*I have a very low tolerance for children, even good ones.

*People who lack common sense really irritate me.

*I routinely stay up too late, just so I can have an hour or so of 'alone time' - or as a friend of mine calls it, 'unobserved time'. Not that I use it to do anything naughty or questionable - usually, I just sit and veg out. Still, it's nobody's time but my own.

http://www.litespeed.com
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    Confessions are good for the soul:

- I read this whole post (all 7 pages) at work. I find my work somewhat boring and unchallenging.

- I have no idea why I'm into triathlon. I really only like the biking portion. I despise running, and find swimming ok (but hate the early morning workouts).

- I find watching triathlon on tv more boring than watching golf.

- As with others, I routinely pee in the pool/lake/shower or any other convenient body of water

- I have routinely eaten food out of the garbage can, as long as it's still in acceptable condition. My wife seems to enjoy wasting perfectly good food.

- I love my son and wife more than anything else, but find most other people and their children irritating. I am probably borderline sociopathic, which, as a counsellor, disturbs my wife.

- I use only one pen/pencil at a time, until it is completely used up/dry. I am probably borderline OCD.

- I have compared my 'size' with other guys when in the showers at the pool.

- I have routinely eaten a dozen donuts (notice spelling, I hate it spelled 'doughnuts') at one sitting, but haven't eaten one for months.

- Although very liberal in other facets of life, I consider laundry and cleaning bathrooms 'woman's work'. Don't worry, I do enough other things around the house to make-up for this faux-pas.

- I would drive to work, but I'm too cheap, so I bike instead.

- I enjoy burping and farting, and use it to entertain my son, much to the chagrin of my wife.

Chris
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    This is fun!!!
    • I hate the way old people count their money- "The total is 48 dollars?...Here's oooone, twoooo, threeee, foooour...hold on, what was the total again?"
    • I want to kill people that drive in the left lane when they aren't passing
    • I could eat Chipotle as my only source of calories for the rest of my life
    • I love my 8 month old to death, but given a chance to play with her or go ride with my friends, I would ride every time.
    • I've never done cocaine because I know I wouldn't have the self control to do it only recreationally
    • I miss getting drunk every couple of days
    • I only sort of miss my Dad...but I really miss my Uncle (both are dead)
    • Someday I will live the song Margaritaville-most days I want to live it right now
    • I look at fat people and think they are weak and have no self control
    Oh-And I want to kill people that smoke in front of their kids!

Jeff
    Last edited by: Vita-man: May 16, 05 9:16
    Quote Reply
    Re: Dirty Secrets [mthammer] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    In Reply To:
    *One of my secret fantasies is this: I come up to a stoplight and the person in the car in front of me tosses a cigarette butt out on the road. I get out of my car, pull their ass out of theirs, and make them pick it up right there in front of everybody else stopped at the light.

A couple weeks ago, a chubby trailer trash woman was driving toward me in the Target parking lot with her arm sticking straight out the window and a cig in her hand. I eased my little Sentra over as I approached. I reached over and smacked it out of her hand.

It was worth getting flipped off just for the look on her face!!!

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
    "Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
    Quote Reply
    Re: Dirty Secrets [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    I'm not sure if I've had Los Hermanos. Is it on Chestnut?

My favorite Burrito places in order:

Gordo's (any of the locations)

Puentez (Gordo's brother owns it in San Rafael)

Lucinda's in Mill Valley

San Jose Taqueria in San Rafael

------------------------------------------------------------

"He broke into the long easy lope, and went on, hour after hour, never at loss for the tangled way, heading straight home through strange country with a certitude of direction that put man and his magnetic needle to shame."

-Call of the Wild
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    Greatest thread I have ever seen in my life, even if no one gets this far to read mine:

- Have never trainined to anywhere near my triathlon potential because I'm afraid that once I get there it won't be nearly as much as I think/wish it is. This way I am always one change away from competing in my AG.

- Really, really like the new Backstreet Boys song Incomplete.

- Only true regret(s) that I have about my life thus far is that I was too shy in highschool and should have dated way more. Still intimidated by women on a social basis, but now I'm married.

- Really want to play a part in an onstage performance of Grease.

- I think I have somehow convinced my wife and family that I am a greater, smarter man than I actually am OR I am to shy to show that confidence in public.

- After 15 years of playing golf and sucking, one small change has taken 24 strokes off my game (see maybe I am only one change away from competing in tri).

- Only my wife knows that I suffered thru at least 4 years of on and off depression and never sought professional help. Hasn't hit me for 2 years now so I hope I'm over it.

- Routinely profess that I do not want kids but deep down know I will be a great father, just as mine has been to me.

- I have spent all of my 30 years taking my families love for granted.

- My father has always been there for me, but I really don't know anything about him. Now that he is in his late 60's I'm making a concentrated effort to spend more time with him.

- Have never purposely cheated during an athlete event

- Really like slightly plump, large breasted women even though I tell wife that I am an ass man (she has and knows she has a great ass)

- Have tried as many different hobby type activities (tri included) trying to find that one thing that I am good at. So far it has eluded me.

- Still have adapted to "adult" life. The majority of my friends seem happy being married, owning homes and now having kids, but I really miss the days of partying and no responsibilities other than paying rent.

Sorry this was so long but doing a lot of self evaluation today, becuase I just put in my 2 weeks notice and am starting a new job that will really require me to step up. Also as I'm about to turn 30 I think I am starting to mature a bit.
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    • I have been with my girlfriend for 13 years and we are not officially married but love her very much and we are super happy together. She is beautiful, smart, fun and way to nice to me.
    • I am super competitive, but more with myself. I am way harder on myself then anyone else is of me.
    • I expect a lot from myself and other people
    • I still fear making my Dad upset or disappointing him
    • I enjoy having people tell me I look healthy or like an athlete
    • I wish I would have started Triathlons 10 years ago
    • I was barred from a bar in college
    • Never done any drugs (if you don’t count booze, consumed plenty of booze)
    • Love my dogs like children
    • I have Zero desire for my own children even though people tell me I would be a great dad? (what would they say....?)
    • Will stop for a stray dog or feel guilty if I can’t.
    • Fell through ice when I was about 12 and probably would have died if my cousin wasn’t able to get me out.
    • I HATE when people hum or whistle
    • I can get really angry really fast but usually only at strangers
    • Like big trucks, Jeeps and fast Euro sedans
    • I like training alone
    • I am clean freak and take 2 or 3 showers a day and people who don’t wash their hands after going to the bathroom freak me out.

Quote Reply
    Re: Dirty Secrets [scout] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Reading your quote, I feel right now like I felt the first time that I saw fight club.

Wasted life. Fuck.
    Quote Reply
    Re: Dirty Secrets [KLinggi] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    -I quite like shopping for clothes and proudly sport a 25 metrosexual score

-I will not likely ever win a race but am quite fine with that

-I love my family but fantasize about being alone...alot

-I got a tear in my eye when I read KLinggli's post aobut his son and couldn't agree more ("If you told me I could win every race I enter for the rest of my life, but never have my 1 1/2 year old son fall asleep with his head on my shoulder again, I'd tell you to go to hell, straight to hell")

-I have a strange attraction to older women

-I get VERY grumpy when I can't train

-I don't work out as hard as I should

-IM scares me

-swimming without a wetsuit scares me

-I'm bored with my job but will never change it

-I had little or no tolerance for overweight / unhealthy people and feel they only have themselves to blame

-I can build furniture and fix machinery but am quite useless as a bike mechanic

-I would love to draft in races but am too afraid of being caught

Ahhh, now i feel better,

robert
    Quote Reply

Prev Next