Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
So I did replicate your experience. Just got the email now but it was only 5% although I did have a couple of pairs of boots in my cart, not sure if that matters or not. Curious when you bought your boots - if you can check the date I would appreciate it.

back in January ... I tried this trick on another pair a couple months after ( was going to buy a set for my inlaws) and was only offered 6%. I've been offered 10% and 7% before too.
Last edited by: spntrxi: Jul 19, 17 16:49
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [greenlawnracing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
greenlawnracing wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
greenlawnracing wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
greenlawnracing wrote:
Wife must really love me as she bought me a pair for my bday. Been fine so far for a few weeks.

Taking them in my carry on has been interesting. I finally learned to take them out at security.

What are you guys using as far as a case?

Did you ever sort out a case for your Air Relax? If so what are you using? I did get final confirmation that *official* cases are coming sometime in August. Could get delayed by customs/dock workers of course always but that is the timeline for now.

Did not - please let me know when they are available!

Any idea on price?
I didn't even think to ask but I will.

Tell them not to do the crazy Normatec pricing!

The case is now available. It has actually been available for a few weeks and I have one in my possession and traveling with it for the first time. I would like to do a quick review with some pictures but haven't gotten around to it yet. It is a high quality bag, even comes with a waterproof cover I guess so you can leave it out in the rain at the track / cc meet. $80 is the price. It is the about the same total size of the Normatec case but it is a longer and shorter

Save: $20 on Air Relax Recovery Boots| $100 on Normatec| 15% on The Most Absorbable Magnesium | Best $50 Indoor Cycling Desk | NEW HED JET 6+
Wheelset - $1049 or less

Blogs: QUICK Air Relax Travel Case Review | Q2 Blood Test Results | Why Latex Bikes Tubes | Vittoria Corsa Speed Aero Data | Best Cheap Aero Sunglasses | 10 Reasons To Consider HED JET+
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nice looking case... I might use that instead of my Normatec case.. which I feel is on the small side.
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
nice looking case... I might use that instead of my Normatec case.. which I feel is on the small side.

Plenty of room for sure. The Normatec case is a more hard shell case. If you anticipate anyone throwing around the bag like a rag doll that could be a positive.

Save: $20 on Air Relax Recovery Boots| $100 on Normatec| 15% on The Most Absorbable Magnesium | Best $50 Indoor Cycling Desk | NEW HED JET 6+
Wheelset - $1049 or less

Blogs: QUICK Air Relax Travel Case Review | Q2 Blood Test Results | Why Latex Bikes Tubes | Vittoria Corsa Speed Aero Data | Best Cheap Aero Sunglasses | 10 Reasons To Consider HED JET+
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
spntrxi wrote:

Plenty of room for sure. The Normatec case is a more hard shell case. If you anticipate anyone throwing around the bag like a rag doll that could be a positive.

do you continue to use both?.. I got the air relax first , then normatec. However I feel like the Air Relax is a great backup and maybe nice to keep around because it's pretty cheap afterall.
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
spntrxi wrote:

do you continue to use both?.. I got the air relax first , then normatec. However I feel like the Air Relax is a great backup and maybe nice to keep around because it's pretty cheap afterall.

Sorry for the late reply, I missed this while traveling for Ironman Wisconsin. I do use both and I will continue to use both. I don't want to end up pigeoned into one niche, but there are various changes, updates etc, from both brands, and people will continue to ask me questions and I want to make sure I can answer them. For instance, Air Relax has come out with 2 more boot sizes since I originally wrote up my piece way back in Aug of 2016. They have come out with a case because they realized that people who use them for sport actually travel with them as opposed to the medical need which tends to be for people who are NOT in great health.

One of my biggest disappointments with the first version of the Normatec Pulse was the battery was always draining when not plugged in, which means it could be dead when I ACTUALLY wanted to use it without the cord. Supposedly that has been fixed in the 2018 version but I would like to test it and make sure it does because that is a feature I use and I know others use it as well.

But you are right, either way two pairs makes a good backup. When I first got started in boots it was because a roommate had a pair. With 3 athletes in one roof and one pair of boots it always was a challenge to get some time in them when they weren't mine... but it was something I knew I needed so I started staying up a bit later so I could get quality time in them. Now when I think about them going bust it is not big deal because I have a couple of pairs, but the typical person doesn't and often times you don't realize how much you miss something until it is gone.

Either way the squeeze provided is different and a little variation never hurt anyone. I think of this in relationship to always keeping a couple of running shoes in the rotation.

Wheelset - $1049 or less

Quote Reply

Prev Next