Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But I can't figure out what do I do with my backpack if I want to do that???

Locker. Failing that, give a couple of bucks to a skycap to keep an eye on it.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I did 100 runs in 100 days with NO rest days in 2007-2008 I woke up at 4 am on a Monday in Jan, did a 45 minute run and then went to the airport to catch my flight from Ottawa via Toronto to Tokyo....arrived in Tokyo on Tuesday evening and was in my hotel at 10 pm....had a bowl of instant oats, got a random posting to ST done, got my presentation for the next day of work sorted out and did another 40 minute run before midnite...got up on Wed morning and ran an hour before work in Japan.

So no excuses...if you want to make it happen it can be done without running in airports since the longest flights in the world are only 15-16 hours, not 24 (JFK-Hong Kong, Toronto-New Delhi, LAX-Sydney)...might involve a bit of sleep deprivation, but that is what flights are for (making up sleep) :-)

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year our family did a road trip from Ontario to Florida just after Christmas. I wanted the 100 days to have no days off so I got up at 3:45, did a 35 minute run and got showered and ready so we could leave by 5:00. As Dev said, as long as you can do without sleep (which should be no problem for a college kid!) you can do it. Driving from 5am to 11pm is more problematic while sleep deprevied than flying though :)

Today was my third week in a row with over 100k. It has been 19 years since I've done that! It also marks 65 consecutive days of running since the last day I missed was Halloween. My 42 year old body seems to be holding up ok so far.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL.....I'm sure Dev would run up and down the aisle of the plane if he could, just to get a few more miles in. He's hardcore. And just a little "Type A". My kind of guy.

My first double today, my calf strain is almost completely gone but ironically, I sprained my ankle jumping out of my truck this morning at work. I landed on a small piece of broken concrete. I rolled it pretty good but I ran my first set at the Y on the treadmill and then after a little more than an hour and 2 advil, I ran my second one along the beach in Long Branch, NJ. Cold and windy, but beautiful. A little ice tonight and hopefully tomorrow after work I'll get started on a steady routine. Can't wait.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [jime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3.38 Mile Treadmill / 20 mins Abs / Weights:
Followed up my ride with a 3.38 Treadmill run and then 5 x (35 Crunches/15 Curls/15 Bench) ~20 mins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed, there is always time each day to find 30 minutes to run. Today I completed run 401 in 401 days. Since I started this running streak on December 1, 2007 for the 07/08 version of the 100 runs / 100 days challenge there have been times while traveling that I had to give up some sleep in order to fit in a run. More than once I have been on a Hotel treadmill at 3:00 am in order to get a run in before an early flight.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Reparto Corse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who are the people at the bottom of the list with no runs logged as of yet?
  • Unsure how to log a workout?
  • Just not logging them?
  • Just not running?
Seems weird to sign up and not do ANY runs. Any lurkers in that group want to explain?
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [islandman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Islandman, I would appreciate any info about your impressions and reccomendations about Lanzarote. I am doing an IM there in the spring and have not booked accom yet.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [jime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, not running up and down the aisles, but I have done a full yoga/stretching routine in the back galley of a 777 partway through a long flight. The flight attendants were willing to accomodate and complimented me on my balance a few times :-). They need to put treadmills upstairs in the 747s or new Airbus 380's!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Reparto Corse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well your 401 days is certainly more consistent than the value of most people's 401K's :-(. 3 am is hard core....that's REM sleep time!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was supposed to be finishing off a great week and the signs of PF reared itself on my right foot, I turned around and went back home. I'll do all the things that I am supposed to do and see where I am later on this week. There are 79 more days to make up for a few off days to heal up!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was Facebooking (is that a word?) with slowbern and he told me about his run today. Laps around the station at 1/7 mile per lap, in the freezing drizzle. I said there should be a 100/100 HTFU award for the person who did the most torturous run of the serious. Could be a weekly selection which is then rolled up to be in the overall pool of candidates. Like the $100,000 Americas Funniest Home Video show.

Since I'm not participating in the 100/100 I'm happy to officiate. I'm sure we could come up with a clever prize. Perhaps a jug of Sportwash?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since I'm not participating in the 100/100 I'm happy to officiate. I'm sure we could come up with a clever prize. Perhaps a jug of Sportwash?

Jen, I am not sure you are even permitted to be on this thread since you bailed on the 100/100 ;)

===============
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, since you are unbiased, you get to pick the "stupidest run of the 100 days"....the only requirement is that it has to be somewhat absurd in that if this challenge did not exist, the runner would have never attempted a run such as 28x1/7 miles around a train station....

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It has to go above and beyond "I ran in really cold weather and it was windy". I'm upping the ante that if you run in the cold it is only impressive if you get frostbite as a result.

I'm not easy to impress so you all have a tough test ahead.

This is going to be entertaining.

CaptainCanada, you are automatically disqualified for being a smartass ;-)

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Disqualified?

Damn - I have such great stories.

===============
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I lost 2 toes this morning running on the cold, windy beach in NJ...............stuff like that Jen?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pics or it didn't happen. Duh.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, since you are unbiased, you get to pick the "stupidest run of the 100 days"....the only requirement is that it has to be somewhat absurd in that if this challenge did not exist, the runner would have never attempted a run such as 28x1/7 miles around a train station....

Actually, it was 28X1/7 mile around my fire station. It is worse than a treadmill. Our treadmill is broken (for about 3 months) so this is the only way I can actually run if I work consecutive days. I can't wear my iPod because I have to be able to hear the alarm and it is really tough with the traffic. What made it tough today was that it was also freezing drizzle. If I had been home I would have probably tried to go 7 or 8 miles today, but one of my co-workers asked if I could cover him for the first 12 hours. It sucked, but I wasn't going to be forced to run a double because I was scared of being bored!

I think that JenHS can be trusted to officiate this. Anyone who takes a 5 hour snow shoe trip to go grocery shopping because she is snowed in is hard-core enough for me!

Bernie

Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [slowbern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
28x1/7...ugh
i'm thinking about whether or not I would ever do that
you are more dedicated to this challenge than me

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yes. Always punch people in the face when their interests are different than yours. There can be no other way.
-one_lap
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [seanathan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm waiting for someone to talk about doing laps around the prison yard.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i did laps on the track today to warm up and cool down and i thought that was boring

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yes. Always punch people in the face when their interests are different than yours. There can be no other way.
-one_lap
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You guys have 79 more days to impress Jen on who is the most hard/stupid...this might be the highest value of these 100 days of misery!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [seanathan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
28x1/7...ugh
i'm thinking about whether or not I would ever do that
you are more dedicated to this challenge than me

Somedays it's all I've got.

Bernie

Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [slowbern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
28 x 7 waaaaaa, it was cold.......waaaaaaa, it was drizzzling........waaaaaa
htfu bern.

I'm praying for a blizzard so I can post something really good.....
Quote Reply

Prev Next