Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CE nice to see you are on track...take it easy so your foot comes back OK. Again, thanks for the great time at Wildflower 2007. I wish I could bottle up that stretch of races from July 2006 to July 2007....seems like every race went very well. I guess I can hope for that again in 2009!

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As an FYI, as of 9 pm EST Jan 2, we have collectively run 43,294K

Since the earth's circumference is 24,902 miles or ~39,843K, we've already gone around the world once.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Woot ... first run of 2009 done ! Yesterday I skipped because i had a major hang-over ( as a new year's eve party host éé ihad to do some serious partying, and still clean up my place until 6h30 AM ) ...

I nearly skipped taday's run because i dumped my girlfriend ... but hey, it was nice to blow some steam ... i might get a double run just to be sure i sleep tonight without having bad toughts.

Cheers and a happy new year fellow triathletes and IM freaks

David

----
Yes, i run in AdiStar Racers all thru winter ... they are green-fluorescent ... so what !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's some relay...

--
MyGearGarage - Track all your gear!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, here we go again. 2009 season here I come. My 4 weeks of running are over....today was the first barometer run of the year....10 mile tempo in 59:39. Felt relaxed but clunky. Very happy with time since it was negative split. Goal was between 58 and 60. First road race in Feb and then two big ones (a 10 miler and 12K) in March.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [rocklinwoody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Raced a track mile in 4:39 today.

Go me.

(If I'm fortunate, it might be fast enough to get me into the masters mile at the Reebok Boston Indoor Games. But I might have to go faster.)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ran a 50km in a relatively pedestrian 4:45 today...a good, long training run to kick off the new year. Did the last 2 miles at 7:00/mi pace, just for good measure.

4:39 is respectable, Joe.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4:39 is pretty darn good....are you a triathlete or just a runner? (nothing wrong with the latter, but 4:39 would be pretty darn studly for a triathlete carrying an extra 10-20 lbs to push the bike and get through the water).

Today 50K XC ski, 7K transition run. I was orginally not going to run today, but tomorrow is my last chance to get another solid ski day in, and I really don't want to cut that ski for a run, so tomorrow's run will be short too.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a runner pretending to be a triathlete. If it weren't for the swimming and cycling part, I'd be very good.

It's just that after a few seasons of doing half-iron or shorter distances, I signed up for an Ironman this year so I can't get away with pretending anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think a pure runner can pretend more in an Ironman than either a half or olympic...in those events, if you give away a whack of time in the swim, no amount run studliness will let you make things up...if you have bike and run studliness you can do well in a half. In a full Ironman, if you suck at the swim, can get through the bike and do a blazing run, you can still do respectable.

Check out these splits from Colin Dignum at Ironman Canada 1997:

15 Colin G Dignum West Vancouv CAN 25 09:15:52 Pro Men 13/36 30 248 1:00:49 1:37 29 229 5:36:17 20.0 1 1 2:38:47 6:04

In fairness, his swim and bike are average age grouper times....just that run is "triathlon world class"...even Mark Allen never posted a run that fast in his career, although one could argue that the 1989 Ironwar run split that included T2 was in that range!

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nice mile time....4:39. I can barely break 5 in the mile.
Last edited by: rocklinwoody: Jan 3, 09 15:00
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [rocklinwoody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6 miles @ 9:12 pace. Easy O&B here in Vacaville w/Daughter for her long weekend run.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [ejohns3992] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Yeah it has been cold and lonely on my runs. Anybody else on the challenge running in Portland.
I was visiting my in-laws, there in Portland (Lake Oswego), the weekend before the challenge started. I managed to get two nice runs in! My pace was nice and fast coming down from the altitude in Denver.
The Sunday morning run, was a terrific, quiet 1-hour street run around the 'hood. I was 20 minutes in before the snow started falling. 40 minutes later, I was glad the run was done, as I was already sliding on the snow.
We were lucky to get out, as the icy streets practically shut down the area, including I-5.

Cold? Not so bad. Lonely? Not at all. I enjoyed the peace and quiet of 7am Sunday morning in the 'burbs. I will admit it could get lonely after a couple weeks. :)
I ran outside over lunch yesterday, in SHORTS (65*F). This morning, with 3 layers on, I got 10 miles in, before it gets really cold (weatherman says 0*F!!), and the snow flies again.
-Joe
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [MoJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did what I am combining for "one" run 2 x 2 mile runs as part of duathlon I wrote about on the below thread.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Roughster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's up with that?

Run1: 13:51
Run2: 14:02

Total: 27:53

T1: 0:35

Total: 28:28

T2: 0:19

Total: 28:47

Looks to me like you need to go out and run for another 1:13 to count that.

;)

-Jot
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [gamebofh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually did about a 0.5 warm up and a 0.25 mile run to cool down to the "far" bathroom. Easily made up the time :)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Roughster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I figured you had done something, but the chance to give you crap was too great to give up. :)

-Jot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn this challenge. I doubled up twice this week to make up for an off day on Christmas and New Years... so now I'm back even. Yay.

The doubles didn't seem that bad... I might put in a few here and there to make sure I can get some rest days in.

--
MyGearGarage - Track all your gear!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was looking at the challenge participant numbers and there is a slight decline. (I think the high water mark was 556.) Since when can people drop out of the challenge and erase their existence? If you need or want to drop for some reason, that is fine, it's not like someone will chase you with a gun to do the challenge. But why not keep them in the list so the final numbers reflect the standings of everyone who toed the line?

Yes, I do like the competiveness of the challenge and stacking bodies at the bottom will help:-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A double today, feeling a bit tired now.
Can't wait to get of the treadmill and feel the warmth at Lanzarote next week. Minus 9 degrees C, snow and windy here today.

------------------------------
Another IM in 2016 - hopefully..
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like I made it to the unofficial start line; 21 for 21. Time to start adding some distance and doubling up on some days.

4 weeks until I get do to some nice, warm island running the the Caribbean.

John

===
"I eased off a bit. It never feels like you are easing off. More like you just stake out your place in the pain cave and sit there rather than venturing deeper inside..." -- Rappstar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am 20 for 21, way ahead of where I thought I'd be. The original safe goal was bronze and reach goal was silver. Now I am going for nothing less than silver and maybe gold if I decide to go for it. This was great for me the past 2 weeks, took off a bunch of time for the holidays and went home, normally would have slacked a bit on training, but was 14 for 14 over my two weeks vacation.

Spent a couple days at my girlfriend's house in Connecticut last week and have a nice run of a little over 8 miles mapped out up there. I did that run on back to back days, clicked start on my watch when I left and clicked stop when I reached her driveway, without looking at it any time in between. My two runs had the exact same time over 8.1 miles to the second...weird!!!

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Tri N OC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is an option called "leave challenge". I would prefer if there was no option to "leave" which would make people think twice about signing up and making a harder committment, but that's OK, we can live with what is there.

Today's workout 40K XC ski with one 20 min TT and the rest easy with a few sprints thrown in, 7K moderately hard transition run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
7 miles today
1 mile warmup on the track
4 miles on the trail
1 mile cooldown
(0.5 miles each way to and from trail)
first run over 40' for the challenge
felt great

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yes. Always punch people in the face when their interests are different than yours. There can be no other way.
-one_lap
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [seanathan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got in a short run yesterday morning, today's a rest day. I am traveling. I am sure Dev would call this no excuse, as I bet he's probably run laps in the airport before. But I can't figure out what do I do with my backpack if I want to do that???

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply

Prev Next