Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, good sense of humor.

I mostly agree on the 3k rule but GC guys also can’t afford to have a gap open and lose time.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exciting racing today, been a GT fan for awhile, have always liked his general countenance on and off the bike. he's shaken off some serious stuff across his career. i can't make a case how, at 37, he'll weather this gt til the end. great racing, but not seeing it.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Tomorrow we get the first look at Cool Hand Luke in action. Finish looks too much like one for the pure sprinters, should suit LL KoolJ well.

In with the front group and Merlier wins. Not bad after 3 hard days.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, that was a fast finish! Nice try by Pippo. And great work by Trek to bring him back.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
Wow, that was a fast finish! Nice try by Pippo. And great work by Trek to bring him back.

What a move. He basically took on the entire Trek team.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Milan looks so violent when he sprints, you could almost envision the bike ripping apart beneath him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've so enjoyed the last 10-15km of all 4 stages so far.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
Milan looks so violent when he sprints, you could almost envision the bike ripping apart beneath him.

"and flying it in such a manner that it may never be airworthy again"

Would be funny if he brings his bike back to the mechanic, and the handlebars are crooked, the chain stays are warped, the chain itself is droopy from being stretched

"Milan!!!" The Mechanic shrieks "What the fuck happened?!!!"
"I won?"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: May 7, 24 8:52
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope Jakobsen and/or Ewan get their heads/bodies sorted out at some point. Because it's starting to get cringey for those two not even making the top 10.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
I hope Jakobsen and/or Ewan get their heads/bodies sorted out at some point. Because it's starting to get cringey for those two not even making the top 10.

Yeah not sure what's up with those guys, it's a great field of sprinters this race and hopefully they can get up there in the mix. Not that it hasn't been exciting regardless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can someone help to explain the dust up with Pog's color choices? It sounds to me like Castelli refused to make an all pink suit because it just looks like ass. the race organizers sort of agreed and came up with some excuse about honoring the history of Italy. UCI saw this and had a fit because they are both inflexible and have no sense of style. Is that about right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In all seriousness what IS up with those 2? has anyone seen any articles about them?.

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently the UCI is only thing that can stop Ferris.

Wasn’t his choice, it was RCS. UCI threatened to throw him out of Giro if he wears it again. Fashion police are hard at work— who said it’s a useless organization???
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: May 7, 24 14:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Apparently the UCI is only thing that can stop Ferris.

Wasn’t his choice, it was RCS. UCI threatened to throw him out of Giro if he wears it again. Fashion police are hard at work— who said it’s a useless organization???

We all know that rider safety is the #1 issue for the UCI. And clashing colors distract other riders, increasing the likelihood of crashes. Obviously.

To be a little more serious, if this was an issue for someone, why wasn't it discussed and settled quietly behind the scenes? It's laughable how this was handled.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:

We all know that rider safety is the #1 issue for the UCI.

More seriously, I was mad today that no one at the side of the rode stopped Girmay from resuming a technical descent when he literally could not walk, and looked out of it. His second crash was predictable.

Equally mad last week when no one stopped Realini from getting back on her bike at the Vuelta. She looked seriously out of it.

But bib colors....gotta stay on top of that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
Can someone help to explain the dust up with Pog's color choices? It sounds to me like Castelli refused to make an all pink suit because it just looks like ass. the race organizers sort of agreed and came up with some excuse about honoring the history of Italy. UCI saw this and had a fit because they are both inflexible and have no sense of style. Is that about right?

The shorts were some effort by the organizers and Castelli to commemorate the Turin football team that died in the plane crash on the Superga. The odd colored shorts on Pog’s ski suit were not his or his team’s doing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next