Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Couch to KQ in 7 years [tie3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i think you touch the important point, with a good plan, you ran a very solid marathon.

that kind of open marathon should enable you to run in the 3:10-20 range in a ironman. So i m not sure why dev dost see a low hanging fruit but i see a giant one right in front of you.

the challenge is every day life, if you can find a way to build a solid weekly routine and put the work in... you have a good 30min on the run to take off without even mentionning the bike. Of course, none of this is easy but 2:49 isnt pedestrien by any mean...that is solid fitness.

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: Couch to KQ in 7 years [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for giving me hope again, Coach Jonny!

Even though I came from mountain biking background before I learned how to swim in 2010, I've hardly done any systematic cycling training. So, I believe if I can structure my cycling training better, then I might come off the bike with a faster split and fresher legs to run.
Quote Reply
Re: Couch to KQ in 7 years [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jonnyo wrote:
i think you touch the important point, with a good plan, you ran a very solid marathon.

that kind of open marathon should enable you to run in the 3:10-20 range in a ironman. So i m not sure why dev dost see a low hanging fruit but i see a giant one right in front of you.

the challenge is every day life, if you can find a way to build a solid weekly routine and put the work in... you have a good 30min on the run to take off without even mentioning the bike. Of course, none of this is easy but 2:49 isnt pedestrien by any mean...that is solid fitness.

I see less low hanging fruit in him than someone who is 50 lbs "heavy". His body composition is optimized. Now that he has posted his bike training, I see low hanging fruit there to get better bike fitness to not necessarily bike faster but to dramatically shave time off the marathon. But he does not have the no brainer low hanging fruit of the overweight athlete! Not sure he would get to the 3:1x though. I've seen very few 2:4x age group smallish marathon runners who run 3:1x. But it might be because they have been training more like pure runners than swim-bike guys
Quote Reply
Re: Couch to KQ in 7 years [Ktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really great read. Thanks for taking the time to write it all out in detail and congratulations on the KONA spot!!!

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Couch to KQ in 7 years [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
jonnyo wrote:

the challenge is every day life, if you can find a way to build a solid weekly routine and put the work in... you have a good 30min on the run to take off without even mentioning the bike. Of course, none of this is easy but 2:49 isnt pedestrien by any mean...that is solid fitness.

I see less low hanging fruit in him than someone who is 50 lbs "heavy". His body composition is optimized. Now that he has posted his bike training, I see low hanging fruit there to get better bike fitness to not necessarily bike faster but to dramatically shave time off the marathon. But he does not have the no brainer low hanging fruit of the overweight athlete! Not sure he would get to the 3:1x though. I've seen very few 2:4x age group smallish marathon runners who run 3:1x. But it might be because they have been training more like pure runners than swim-bike guys

Are you saying a 2:4x is not sufficient to run a 3:1x in an IM marathon? Or just that most of these types of athletes don't end up achieving this because they haven't put in enough time towards IM training? Surely some of the dudes running in the 3:1x for IM are in the 2:30s for open marathon but I doubt most...
Quote Reply

Prev Next