Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Quintana Roo PR6 thread [Mac McE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There seems to be a spot, underneath the stem/risers, for a screw. Is this for a limiter screw so the fork does turn back into the frame?

I just got my frame in and building it up and saw that there.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Quintana Roo PR6 thread [void main()] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, there is a limiter screw included, but not installed It should be in the parts box that is included.

Quote Reply
Re: The official Quintana Roo PR6 thread [Mac McE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the prompt reply earlier. Second question, I received my frame set and it came mounted with the ultegra brakes. The issue I'm facing is with the front brake.

The brake cartridge shoes are inside the fork and don't seem to have enough clearance to allow for a wide wheel (Reynolds 92 RZRs in this case). It looks like I'll have to use a standard front mounted brake where the cartridge shoe sits in front of the fork. But before I do that, I was wondering if there was something I'm missing? I even tried using the cartridge shoes from the TRP brakes I had on my CD0.1.

Thanks,
Tu
Quote Reply
Re: The official Quintana Roo PR6 thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at this bike -- currently ride a QR Lucero lite medium. 514 stack. 407 reach. It's set up with the base bar all the way down and a 110 stem (6deg). The PR6 52 has a 520 stack and a 410 reach and and the 54 has a 540 stack and a 425 reach. The top tube and seat tube lengths on the 54 are closer to my current bike but the stack is a little higher. I could probably ride either but am wondering would be the better fit.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Quintana Roo PR6 thread [mdroberts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdroberts wrote:
I'm looking at this bike -- currently ride a QR Lucero lite medium. 514 stack. 407 reach. It's set up with the base bar all the way down and a 110 stem (6deg). The PR6 52 has a 520 stack and a 410 reach and and the 54 has a 540 stack and a 425 reach. The top tube and seat tube lengths on the 54 are closer to my current bike but the stack is a little higher. I could probably ride either but am wondering would be the better fit.

Just looking at the geometry without either bike in front of me, but unless you currently have your saddle jammed all the way back (and probably even in that case), the size 52 PR6 should feel a lot closer to your current set up, assuming you move over all of your current components with no changes. The difference in seat tube measurement is pretty irrelevant in this case.

You'd probably be okay reach-wise on the 54 (slide your saddle and/or play with the fancy stem bits), but at a full inch higher in stack, you would probably feel more upright. ...of course, who's to say that that wouldn't be more aero for you and your position? ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is your pad stack and reach?
Instructions are here, but measure reach to the back of the pad, not the centre.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Quintana Roo PR6 thread [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pad reach is 490 (stem is a 100 vs a 110) Pad stack is 595. May be difficult to get pads in right place with 540 frame stack. 52 may be the way to go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can't fit the PR6 at all with the stock Aeria Bars
I haven't seen proper geometry data for stem but as far as I can figure it will have a min stack of 45mm (to centre of bar). So even with 520 FrameY you are at 565 BarY and need a 30mm pad stack bar like Vision or Original Felt Bayonet to get to the correct PadY. Would then need the pads shifted well forward to hit your target PadX.
This may not be the ideal bike for you.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Quintana Roo PR6 thread [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a HED Corsair which has a pretty low pad stack. This may not be the right bike though -- I'm hard to fit the long legs short trunk etc. The lucero has fit me very well and its hard for me to find a frame with a short reach but not too small for my 5'9 height.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Quintana Roo PR6 thread [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:
Turbeau wrote:
why would they go with a competitor's brake system?

because the competitor's brake is better, for the intended purpose. or because the competitor's brake speaks the the market that QR would presume to sell to. or because the QR offers nothing over a Blue, from a marketing perspective, which ships with a TriRig IIRC. Or because the QR offers noting over a real super bike, which are all faster, in the real world.

you're looking at this from the industry perspective... sure it's easier to spec Shimano. But they do things the same way again and again and wonder why everyone rides a Cervelo.

If you want to be an iconic brand, or be a brand regaining its iconic status, you have to do iconic things with the bikes you produce and sell.

well said. The front end looks silly with the brake hanging out in the wind...and trek sc has simple slots for the brakes to be adjusted without taking the covers off.
A big miss in my opinion. I truly can say I've never been interested in buying a qr. I'm actually still surprised they are afloat. I would be interested to know who sells more bikes per year, qr or dengfu?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Quintana Roo PR6 thread [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know where I could get custom decals for a PR6?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Quintana Roo PR6 thread [utahpioneer16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try this fellow. He's done a bit of work for me over the years.
Sean De Gruchy
sdggb@yahoo.com

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply

Prev Next