http://www.slowtwitch.com/...a_new_mold_4245.html
Last edited by: Herbert: Sep 24, 14 7:44
Quote Reply
Re: The official Quintana Roo PR6 thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good looking bike

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd like to see a pic of the non-drive side.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a reason companies still don't do a better job with the front brake? The major couple seem to have, and I can't see the brake all that well on this bike, but it certainly isn't integrated into the fork like some of the superbikes.

Shut up legs.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Quintana Roo PR6 thread [BBAddict] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i think that's the point of this bike. it's designed to be relatively simple and easy to work on. i don't know if it is, because i haven't worked on it, but that's the idea behind the design of the bike - to be in the hunt aerodynamically, but to also be easy to adjust, to ship to a race, and so forth.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BBAddict wrote:
The major couple seem to have, and I can't see the brake all that well on this bike, but it certainly isn't integrated into the fork like some of the superbikes.

Well, actually it is. From what I can see in the fairly low-res pics, the front brake is a shimano direct mount (two bosses are integrated into the fork).

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The brake shown is a Shimano Ultegra direct mount. The fork will also take any single post (traditional brake) on the market.

As Dan said, the point of the bike is to be simple and functional without sacrificing Aero. As you can see by the drag chart this is a very slippery bike, and that chart is with the ultegra brake and a fully adjustable aero bar package. Could the bike be 'faster' with a Magura or aero egg or Gravitas, yes a little, but this is the way it comes out of the box so that is the curve we show. Plus that brake stops like a ton of bricks, and the rear does too.

The bike is slippery, light, stiff, handles well and easy to work on. that is the point of the bike, and we believe that is what makes it great.

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So you guys can better measure the vertical axis. ....so it looks like approximately less then a min difference between all of them over a 40k in a wind tunnel. I'm guessing even less in the real world.

Triathlon Competitor Results (I think the wheels were all different)

QR Results

Last edited by: slow123: Mar 29, 14 10:59
Quote Reply
Re: The official Quintana Roo PR6 thread [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is the first QR I liked in a while.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Quintana Roo PR6 thread [slow123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
apropos of nothing, but, do you get the sense that in these two graphs you posted one test must have swept the bike from left to right, the other right to left?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The official Quintana Roo PR6 thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
also possible that you're seeing the characteristic behavior of different tunnels. FASTER and A2 are rather different designs.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: The official Quintana Roo PR6 thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any COMPARISONS to the CDO1?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While I think it's a great bike, I think it's awesome, because it hits the right target!

All sorts of bikes target the stratosphere, and require a sag wagon and team mechanic if you want to own one.

QR has made a very good bike that is "there or there-abouts" BUT it uses off the shelf parts for the most part, and can be worked on by mere mortals.

It's a REAL WORLD superbike and I applaud them for A) targetting that and B) seeming to achieve it.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: The official Quintana Roo PR6 thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My chart shows the non-drive side drag (lower values) on the left of the graph and drive side drag on the right. The data is formatted so you can visualize the test from the rider's perspective.

The other chart is simply formatted so that the drive side is to the left of the page. Just a formatting difference and doesn't necessarily represent any testing/procedure difference.

Brad D
QR
Quote Reply
Re: The official Quintana Roo PR6 thread [B DeVaney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B DeVaney wrote:
My chart shows the non-drive side drag (lower values) on the left of the graph and drive side drag on the right. The data is formatted so you can visualize the test from the rider's perspective.

The other chart is simply formatted so that the drive side is to the left of the page. Just a formatting difference and doesn't necessarily represent any testing/procedure difference.

Brad D
QR
Any comparisons with the CDO1?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Quintana Roo PR6 thread [SlammedStance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually what would be interesting is how it compares with the new P3, which seems to be the direct comparison and the best competitor from a price-based view. If they are close enough (and it looks like they should based on the graphs), the PR might have an edge just for novelty, looks, and better pricing down the line. Still would be a hard choice since the new P3 is a very simple bike (no bayonet), might be lighter than the "heavy" (big "" here) P5 and overall slightly cheaper.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Quintana Roo PR6 thread [B DeVaney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this available now?

"Base training is bull shit" - desertdude
Quote Reply
Re: The official Quintana Roo PR6 thread [thirstygreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brad is in Asia right now and can't access this website. I'll jump in and help.

The size 52 bikes are on the way to dealers this week. The size 50 bikes will arrive at dealers in 3-4 weeks. Size 54 is 3-4 weeks after that. We have two demo bikes in a 52 that will be available to ride at Ironman Texas, with more being added to events as they are available.

Quote Reply
Re: The official Quintana Roo PR6 thread [Mac McE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!! Guess I should hope I'm a 52cm. Do you have a link to a sizing chart?

"Base training is bull shit" - desertdude
Quote Reply
Re: The official Quintana Roo PR6 thread [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got a size 50 in this week. Excited to get it up and running. I will have more photos up as the build takes shape. The final product has really exceeded my expectations. The frame looks great and I'm really liking the change in paint scheme. QR is a class act all company all around, and they put their customers first. Can't wait to do this bike justice at Texas in a couple weeks.

Making Triathlon Great Again
Quote Reply
Re: The official Quintana Roo PR6 thread [Turbeau] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stop going to baseball games and get this thing built already.

Quote | Reply
NIce bike, but kind of crazy: a new superbike without top tube storage bosses? Earlier, the QR folks said this bike would have them. But I guess not? Or is this a one-off prototype frame?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: May 2, 14 7:27
Quote Reply
Re: The official Quintana Roo PR6 thread [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
NIce bike, but kind of crazy: a new superbike without top storage bosses? Earlier, the QR folks said this bike would have them. But I guess not? Or is this a one-off prototype frame?

Just a crazy idea, but why not double-side adhesive tape some velcro to the top tube and the bottom of your storage and then just stick it on?

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: The official Quintana Roo PR6 thread [texafornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
texafornia wrote:
Just a crazy idea, but why not double-side adhesive tape some velcro to the top tube and the bottom of your storage and then just stick it on?

Not a crazy idea at all. We tested it quite extensively. But it was more than just a little problematic. We don't want to make something that will work awesome for 1 ride. We want to make advanced products that will work great for at least 1000 rides.

--
Quote Reply
Re: The official Quintana Roo PR6 thread [Turbeau] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quite a change from the last QR PR bike (of which I'm aware)...

Quote Reply

Prev Next