Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: wk0 4.0 [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they tweeted me the other day to answer my tweet from > 6 weeks ago when I asked if the over/under was this year. They said no ETA on it yet.
I'm guessing (aka willing to bet) 2015 but I'm willing to hedge with a 50% bet on after Thanksgiving 2014.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [Rattlesnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Update on WKO4

http://home.trainingpeaks.com/...le/an-update-on-wko4

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which is more likely to happen first?

1. SurfingLamb posts on his Dropped by his Coach BS thread.
2. WKO 4.0 is released.

I'm saying 1.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

That's actually really good news, and I wonder if this thread provoked them to release a statement. I'm glad I was seemingly wrong, in that this *will* continue to be a stand alone app for PC and now mac.
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know if this thread or the other threads triggered the post but I do share the feedback and they are hearing it from other places as well. It surely wasn't planned to be delayed but I think when it's out it will be a big improvement from 3 and much better than if they rushed it out the door in December.

Rodney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rapidly approaching the 1 year anniversary of wko+ 4s almost launch. Any new updates?
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Which is more likely to happen first?

1. SurfingLamb posts on his Dropped by his Coach BS thread.
2. WKO 4.0 is released.

I'm saying 1.

You were right :-)

http://mobile.twitter.com/BLambTriathlete
Athlete of the Week
Meet the Team
Headwear
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [%FTP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm interested to hear any ETA release date as well.

cheers
S.

// qui audet adipiscitur
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [spomeroy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Here are a few definitive answers we can give right now. Yes, it will be released this year, it will run on both Mac and Windows, and it has some amazing new features to make use of your training data."

And still on track....

Rodney
Last edited by: rbuike: Oct 21, 14 6:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While I look forward to a release of a new version of WKO, seems like the emphasis has shifted more towards supporting and improving the online portal which is not surprising as many such companies are moving away from providing stand-alone applications and more towards subscription- based models.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [SurfingLamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are merely a squatter on the SurfingLamb name, not the true occupant of la-la land Bryan Lamb. Pity, though.
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [%FTP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've made a $50 bet with someone that it's at least 365 days late. I'm pretty confident it won't arrive before then.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
I've made a $50 bet with someone that it's at least 365 days late. I'm pretty confident it won't arrive before then.

Only $50? You should have loaded up.
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [tucktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well this was last March. I was taking the over and giving a lot of ground on the under, or so I thought. Now I almost look like a betting genius!
I should see if he wants to go double or nothing.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rbuike wrote:
"Here are a few definitive answers we can give right now. Yes, it will be released this year, it will run on both Mac and Windows, and it has some amazing new features to make use of your training data."

And still on track....

They have 9 weeks left to meet this promise. The fact that their has been so little marketing and communication with regards to the features of 4.0 is so odd. It supports my opinion that the stand alone software model is not a core business strategy for training peaks. Maybe the delay is that the new features (whatever they are) have to also be supported in the Training Peaks web software. Implementing these features on two platforms (wko and web) is slowing down development.
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [Pantelones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pantelones wrote:
rbuike wrote:

And still on track....

They have 9 weeks left to meet this promise. The fact that their has been so little marketing and communication with regards to the features of 4.0 is so odd. It supports my opinion that the stand alone software model is not a core business strategy for training peaks. Maybe the delay is that the new features (whatever they are) have to also be supported in the Training Peaks web software. Implementing these features on two platforms (wko and web) is slowing down development.

Well I heard Hunter Allen interviewed on IM Talk I think, and he made it seem that some of the functions couldn't be handled on the web because WKO 4 was just so powerful. I'm not a software guy so can't really speak to whether that is correct or not. Hunter also did a few talks in NZ and showed WKO 4 to people I think. So maybe they just will make 9 weeks.
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [Rattlesnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn, Black Friday's over...was hoping for a surprise release. I just re-read the Training With Power book in anticipation...
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [Kentucky Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So whats the over under at right now? They have 3 weeks left and i am assuming it is nowhere near being ready. If it was ready they would be promoting it right now or at least talking about it. My estimate is May 2015.
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [-Mike-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
-Mike- wrote:
So whats the over under at right now? They have 3 weeks left and i am assuming it is nowhere near being ready. If it was ready they would be promoting it right now or at least talking about it. My estimate is May 2015.

They are looking for a way to make it subscription based I imagine.
That or canned it.
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [ddave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was a recent email regarding a webinar for coaches where the mentioned WKO+ 4 again, seemed like it's coming soon but it's been coming soon for a while. Definitely not canned, not sure what will be ready when though.

Quote | Reply
phrasing
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [-Mike-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah damn good question...they've been kicking the can down the road on this one for what...over a year now?

Cmon guys...the vaporware promises are getting old..

cheers
S.

// qui audet adipiscitur
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not vaporware (it's been shown in public a number of times)
It's not cancelled
It's not going to a subscription model
It's not coming before the end of the year anymore :(

Quote:
"Nobody is more disappointed in the delay than we are. I'd call it the worst joke ever. And, given the huge miss on release date, is there really any point to making the same mistake again? The fact is, we're working very hard on it. It's looking good, we're very excited about it, but we won't announce or release it until we are ready. Of course, you are free to use other apps as you see fit, that's our fault for not getting it out sooner. But the reality is, it's now been 4 years since we've updated WKO, so another few months isn't much of a difference. For us, it's about quality, and solving some incredibly cool, incredibly hard physiological and UX challenges. We innovate, others follow, and that's always the most difficult way to move forward. That's about all I can say. - Gear"

Rodney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rbuike wrote:
It's not vaporware (it's been shown in public a number of times)
It's not cancelled
It's not going to a subscription model
It's not coming before the end of the year anymore :(

Quote:
"Nobody is more disappointed in the delay than we are. I'd call it the worst joke ever. And, given the huge miss on release date, is there really any point to making the same mistake again? The fact is, we're working very hard on it. It's looking good, we're very excited about it, but we won't announce or release it until we are ready. Of course, you are free to use other apps as you see fit, that's our fault for not getting it out sooner. But the reality is, it's now been 4 years since we've updated WKO, so another few months isn't much of a difference. For us, it's about quality, and solving some incredibly cool, incredibly hard physiological and UX challenges. We innovate, others follow, and that's always the most difficult way to move forward. That's about all I can say. - Gear"

Duke Nukem, anyone?

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's one of the problem with software development enough developpers and QA to find and fix all the major bugs.
Quote Reply

Prev Next