Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
wk0 4.0
Quote | Reply
any rumors about when this will finally be released? Ive been holding out.

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [Rattlesnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I even bought a mac in anticipation.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in the same boat, i have been using power agent and golden cheetah for most of my analysis, but since i already use training peaks for everything else i would rather use wko+, but i only have mac's so no 3.0 for me. To be honest i have been fairly impressed with the combo of power agent and golden cheetah for most things. That in combination with training peaks does pretty much everything you need. But having everything in one package would be nice, therefore still holding out for 4.0.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I asked back in December the question to TP ESP rgd Mac

They don't know or at least wouldn't disclose a release date
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A Mac eh?
Well, that's fine but if start wearing skinny jeans and can't stop talking about the new "St. Vincent" record...
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [Lphc4L] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haha, I doubt my quads would fit in skinny jeans. When you say St. Vincent it brings back my Catholic school days. Who knew there was a band called St. Vincent?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Jan 30, 14 9:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure if you saw this or not, but this is the latest they have posted on their blog... http://home.trainingpeaks.com/...public-beta-now-live

One last note. We had hoped to launch WKO 4.0 today, but as we announced at the end of our last WKO 4.0 webinar, we need more time. Though I know that’s a disappointment to you, it’s critical for us to live up to your high expectations, and our high standards, for the finished product. I’ll make another announcement in early 2014 about release date, but yes, I’m being vague on purpose because it won’t go out until it’s rock solid.
That was posted on December 10th.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Early 2014"............I guess thats Mar 31.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rattlesnake wrote:
any rumors about when this will finally be released? Ive been holding out.

It's going to be co-released with the Garmin 920XT...
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [goodboyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
goodboyr wrote:
"Early 2014"............I guess thats Mar 31.

Or June 30th? /sarc

I'm waiting patiently. 3.0 works fine for me but who doesn't want to spend more money for something they probably won't completely utilize? :)
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [-Mike-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i was using golden cheetah, but all of a sudden my charts quit pulling up. I could click on them, but they all would be blank except for the mmp. I couldnt find much troubleshooting help.

I downloaded the free trial of wko 3.0 and liked it alot. But didnt wanna shell out the money for something when the new stuff is right around the corner

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Last edited by: Rattlesnake: Jan 30, 14 12:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BUMP

Anyone hear any news on release date?
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [tpero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone must have stolen ACs idea, or criticized it too much, so he's having to come up with something new.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tpero wrote:
BUMP

No updates to share, sorry :(

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rbuike wrote:
tpero wrote:
BUMP

Thanks. This is just getting sad. I have TP premium, but told myself six months ago I wouldn't buy WKO 3 because 4 was coming out "soon"...
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sentania wrote:
Someone must have stolen ACs idea, or criticized it too much, so he's having to come up with something new.

No. The problem is one of too many cool ideas (not all of which are mine).
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
sentania wrote:

No. The problem is one of too many cool ideas (not all of which are mine).

I'm using Golden Cheetah for data analysis right now. Why should I upgrade to wko4 when it is released?

Endurance coach | Physiotherapist (primary care) | Bikefitter | Swede
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tpero wrote:
rbuike wrote:
tpero wrote:
BUMP

Thanks. This is just getting sad. I have TP premium, but told myself six months ago I wouldn't buy WKO 3 because 4 was coming out "soon"...

I'm in the exactly the same situation.

I see two potential issues. What do people use in the interim and introducing a new version of a critical part of the training infrastructure, in season. Despite all their best efforts and intentions the balance of software probability is that there will be the odd teething problem. Existing customers can stick with V3 until they are ready and happy V4 is solid enough for them.

One potential solution if WKO 4 is still someway off would be to offer a free upgrade to V4 for customers buying V3 from say April 1st. This is already pretty standard practice amongst many developers of desktop applications and would give TP a bit of positive PR at minimal cost.
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [GregW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was at a training camp with TP's CTO a month ago and he said this summer, but no exact date.

He said that they had hired more developers to help move it along.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [GregW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GregW wrote:
One potential solution if WKO 4 is still someway off would be to offer a free upgrade to V4 for customers buying V3 from say April 1st. This is already pretty standard practice amongst many developers of desktop applications and would give TP a bit of positive PR at minimal cost.

I've suggested this to them in the past, both in forums and on twitter. The uniform response has been paraphrased by me as "Piss off".

I've used TP basic on the web, and as a mac user, I was waiting for the original december launch date of WKO+ 4.0. That came and went, it's been pushed back several times, and at this point in time has no clear timeline. If i've been training this whole time without this, why should I buy it period.

I know this is a rambling post, but the sheer stupidity in NOT offering a free upgrade program amazes me. They could have easily had me as a customer by having a free 3.0-4.0 upgrade program on new purchases, but instead have likely lost me as a customer. I'd rather pay once and have a license for the app, as opposed to paying what is essentially a licensing fee in perpetuity for TP Premium on the web.
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [Cavemann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in a similar boat....mac user. I have RaceDay, but not sure that's working great for me. Not many choices. It IS pretty short sided to not offer as you suggest. Then again, there does seem to be a fair amount of arrogance there.

Cavemann wrote:
GregW wrote:

I've suggested this to them in the past, both in forums and on twitter. The uniform response has been paraphrased by me as "Piss off".

I've used TP basic on the web, and as a mac user, I was waiting for the original december launch date of WKO+ 4.0. That came and went, it's been pushed back several times, and at this point in time has no clear timeline. If i've been training this whole time without this, why should I buy it period.

I know this is a rambling post, but the sheer stupidity in NOT offering a free upgrade program amazes me. They could have easily had me as a customer by having a free 3.0-4.0 upgrade program on new purchases, but instead have likely lost me as a customer. I'd rather pay once and have a license for the app, as opposed to paying what is essentially a licensing fee in perpetuity for TP Premium on the web.
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same boat, primarily a mac user but i have an old PC, i would be willing to buy v3 tomorrow if they gave a free upgrade for 4.0 when it comes out. Right now i am using a mix of regular free training peaks and golden cheetah and it has been pretty good so far. I think the learning curve is a bit steeper with GC but after some time it is pretty robust. I tried the free version of Apollo but did not like it, not bad just not my style. I wish strava premium would take a huge leap and challenge TP right now!! Training peaks has no real competition and thus no real motivation to get 4.0 on the market right away or offer some kind of upgrade discount.
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [-Mike-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if WKO+ 4.0 will work on iPad?

Been sitting on the fence along time re buying the iPad, would be nice to make a decision.
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [Stumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stumps wrote:
Does anyone know if WKO+ 4.0 will work on iPad?

Been sitting on the fence along time re buying the iPad, would be nice to make a decision.

I don't see how....you would need ANT+ to get the data onto the iPad.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use trainingpeaks on a regular basis but I find their updates absolutely terrible. When you state that a program is going to be released on X date and then you state that it will be delayed there should be bi-weekly, or at least monthly, updates concerning the release date. Trainingpeaks never updates anything ever.
Quote Reply

Prev Next