Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
do you happen to know who posted those figures? I don't see a SRM in the picture below

That Bottecchia is STILL one of my all-time favorite bikes...

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LEGEND

more awesomeness here

Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:
echappist wrote:
do you happen to know who posted those figures? I don't see a SRM in the picture below

I still have (and use) that crank and used that bullhorn bar until earlier this year!

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Tom A. wrote:
echappist wrote:

I still have (and use) that crank and used that bullhorn bar until earlier this year!

There was a Faggin TT bike on eBay which looks alot like LeMond's Bottecchia. That Mavic crank was one of the smoothest I've ever used. I loved it. I also saw some Mavic bullhorns and aerobar on eBay as well. The Mavic aerobars were some of the nicest I've used also.

Quote | Reply
Nice pics........The one of Lemond can be a poster.........This one, hard man
Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [bigskinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
     I'll balk at the idea of Lemond frames being "discredited". Picked up a used Lemond Versailles frameset, and built it up with Dura Ace 7800, for one of the finest riding bikes I've ever owned, and I've had lots in my 31 yrs of riding. The Triomphe carbon frame not only had huge amounts of engineering, as someone previously mentioned, but came with a slacker geometry that Greg preferred, and I think the 72.5 degree seat angle on my 57cm is key in the ride of this bike. Beautiful paint as well. Actually would like to see Lemond as the driving force in another bike line, if he still has it in him.

http://www.archive.org/...ond#page/n1/mode/2up

http://www.bikepedia.com/...ersailles-Double.jpg
Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have the Victoire.....yellow/black D/A.......That and my Klein are my favorites.......Throw my 89 Pinarello Prologo in there to, but thats because of the C-Record ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another thing I like about that bike, He was not afraid of geometry that did not follow everyone else.....by having a longer headtube. That with the slack seat tube and really carves well going down the passes here in Montana
Last edited by: Kenney: Jan 1, 12 19:29
Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
    Yeah, I noted that longer headtubes are all the rage now, and you're right on the geo, that's why I mentioned the 72.5 ST angle...a rarity in my size-range.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Except for the S5, you meant the short headtubes right?/.....Either way, great bikes. Thanks for posting..................mines a 61
Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [pianoplayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump
Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [Flanagan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for bumping this thread. I was unaware of it, and it's great.
Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:
echappist wrote:

I still have a bright lime-green and red Botecchia jersey I bought in Sicily in 1985. Occasionally I break it out for a local ride, but no one remembers that brand I guess. Loved those bikes. Among us ex-pats stationed there who rode, we all lusted for Bottechia and Vitus frames. The leather strap "death pedals" brings back a few memories as well.

Live long and surf!
Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [pianoplayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
finally some justice to lance

long live Greg, a true american hero.
Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [Giant Steps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SWEET!......I have a late 80's reynols to go with my prologo......but it is just not as sharp as that
Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [fredly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why is he given a free pass on doping? The sport was dirty before, during, and after him, so why is his success above suspicion when guilt by association is enough to convict everyone else in the court of public opinion?
Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [dwc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dwc wrote:
Why is he given a free pass on doping? The sport was dirty before, during, and after him, so why is his success above suspicion when guilt by association is enough to convict everyone else in the court of public opinion?

Because he has said so and we know only Lance lies.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply

Prev Next