Haha this is awesome

-----------------------------------------------------------------
TRIbook | Triathlon Training Resources
Tri Training Articles
Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tridork wrote:
Thanks for that clear and concise explanation of the facts.
Until now, I have been under the misunderstanding that Greg Lemond was just a self centred arrogant jerk, but now I realize he IS justified in his claims and this gives him the credibility He so rightly deserves!

With 167 wins to Lances paltry 7 wins, maybe NOW he will get the adoration and adulation he so rightly deserves.

If Greg didn't get distracted by having to spend all his time explaining his greatness to us all, then I'm sure he would have cured cancer by now (rather than letting that second string Armstrong guy get all the glory) and would be hard as work getting World Peace sorted for all time!

Greg Lemond for President, hell, Greg Lemond for GOD

NOT!!

(LOL of course)

WHOA!!! WHOA! Whoa! It's one way or the other. You can't believe Lemond won 167 AND Armstrong won 7--those 7 are included in Greg's total.
Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [fredly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
totally asinine.

I'm really, really tired of the Lemond bashing. Gee - I wonder why Greg is bitter?

Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [FJB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honestly I didn't know much about Greg Lamond other than reading his wiki a few months back and some videos I saw when I was younger. I figured he was the first American Tour Du France winner and he won it a couple times. BUt reading through this thread motivated me to do more research and I gotta say, you guys have made me like the guy a lot. Like somebody said, every sport has their McEnroe and he is usually right.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [theforge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you guys have made me like the guy a lot. Like somebody said, every sport has their McEnroe and he is usually right.

Most people have a lot of respect for LeMond and what he accomplished. Those who continually attack him are usually Lance supporters who for some strange reason ( :) ) seem to have trouble accepting that LeMond was opposed to PED's.
Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [FJB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FJB wrote:
totally asinine.

I'm really, really tired of the Lemond bashing. Gee - I wonder why Greg is bitter?

x3

LeMond is a big reason why I got interested in cycling. Yes, his comments may not be cool at the time, and can sound self-interested, but it is undeniable that while he was trying to figure out why his face form was failing, and guys he used to drop were dropping him, the real reason was everyone else was doped to the gills.

How many of you wouldn't be bitter if you were beaten out of a win/promotion/raise/recognition/etc/etc and found out later everyone else was cheating. People whine on this board daily about crap that doesn't matter yet bash Greg because he got cheated? Don't get it.
Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [FisH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just think people tend to hate brutally honest people in general. People hate criticms and people love their heros. Somebody like Lemond forces fans to examine the darkness under the covers. We all want to think Lance Armstrong can have cancer and comeback to win one of the toughest endurance races in the world a record number of times. Just like we wanted to believe that Berry Bonds went from a skinny above average player to a jacked homerun king. To listen to it let alone admit it means you are a fool for believing in them to begin with. I for one think ALL top level athletes dope, but I also don't think doping makes champions. Instead it levels the playing field at the top level. Like Arnold said when he admitted using steroids. It was legal then and if he didn't use it, he would have lost to somebody who did. By banning it, all we've managed to do is create some bizarre arms race (pun intended) where newer undetectible PEDs are developed and used until they are detected. The real losers are the kids who are going to use them anyways, but they don't have the access. So they end up injecting bovine or equine steroids from foreign countries.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fantastic post fredly, I couldn't agree more. I am absolutely mystified that people would bash Lemond for basically being someone who refused to back down in the face of immoral conduct. Isn't that what we all should be teaching our children to do?
Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [superphil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely not, because look what happens. You get villified and become an outcast for not fitting in. Is that the kind of life you want your kids to live?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Carlson. I'm a fan of Greg, and it always hurts to see people bash him (maybe it's deserved-he brought it on himself). I'm a big Lance fan, too but I secretly hope that Lance comes clean so Greg is proven correct.
Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With the benefit of hindsight, we know Boyer is a pedophile (his defense at his trial was the twelve year old girl seduced him), so I am freaking glad Lemond did that.

http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/cgi/prosoma.dll?searchby=offender&id=18603072H7196
Last edited by: SWoo: Dec 28, 11 17:40
Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [urbanlumberjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, I can't believe no one has realized that you resurrected this. Good show sir.

Michael J. Pelechaty
Brewer, Black Box Brewing Co.

"Yeah, I was depressed for a little while, but then I remembered how awesome I am."
Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [FisH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How many of you wouldn't be bitter if you were beaten out of a win/promotion/raise/recognition/etc/etc and found out later everyone else was cheating. People whine on this board daily about crap that doesn't matter yet bash Greg because he got cheated? Don't get it.

I was a LeMond fan many years ago .... but it has been difficult watching him turn into a bitter old man who gets his only attention by making unsubstantiated negative claims against others.

You imply that he was beaten by steroid abusers and he was clean .... really????? ....you believe he was a leader in the sport and really knew nothing about what others were doing .... and you know for a fact that he was clean himself?????
I think all we really know is that he indeed got beat by everyone .... and told us that he had a muscle disease problem at the time. I think you give him WAY too much credit.

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [dcsxtri10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcsxtri10 wrote:
I believe Lance was drug free and no evidence exists to the contrary. People can believe what they want ... the facts speak for themselves.
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...i?post=925163#925163

dcsxtri10 wrote:
Lance will win with certainty. My only concern would be if Chuck Norris took up cycling this year ... then he would of course be the favorite. Otherwise a coast to the yellow jersey for Lance. What a breath of fresh air ... this years TDF was boring in large part.
Dave
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...post=1981701#1981701

Well, well..
Another Lance apologist bashing Greg.
Jeez...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dcsxtri10 wrote:
.. I think you give him WAY too much credit.

Dave

http://stevetilford.com/?p=11375#more-11375
Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [Nicko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read through most of the above about Lemond and have a serious question I've had for a long time. What was the reason Lemond testified against Landis? He did not seem to have any connection to the case yet he had a lot to say. So what was the point of his testimony? Why was it allowed in court? Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dcsxtri10 wrote:

I was a LeMond fan many years ago .... but it has been difficult watching him turn into a bitter old man who gets his only attention by making unsubstantiated negative claims against others.

You imply that he was beaten by steroid abusers and he was clean .... really????? ....you believe he was a leader in the sport and really knew nothing about what others were doing .... and you know for a fact that he was clean himself?????
I think all we really know is that he indeed got beat by everyone .... and told us that he had a muscle disease problem at the time. I think you give him WAY too much credit.

Dave

Well put. Now look at the results from the 89 Giro and then few weeks later he wins the tour

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great post.
Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [pianoplayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This person starts at the onion first of the year. With an expose on powercranksy

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dcsxtri10 wrote:

Dave
Funny thing is, nobody who knows him says that Lemond is bitter... just an honest guy who isn't afraid to spit in the soup.
You are spewing the LA propaganda. I am amazed that there are still people believing the myth.

Lemond knew what was going on in the sport. He left PDM because of his drug stance.

Given Armstrong's smearing of him, don't you think Lance would have found someone to come forward & say that Lemond was dirty?
Has anyone come forward? Ex team mates? Managers? Rivals?
With what LA had/has on offer, don't you think someone would have taken the $$$ & come forward?
Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [bigskinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bigskinny wrote:
I read through most of the above about Lemond and have a serious question I've had for a long time. What was the reason Lemond testified against Landis? He did not seem to have any connection to the case yet he had a lot to say. So what was the point of his testimony? Why was it allowed in court? Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know why Lemond was a part of the Landis case? What involvement did he have with Landis that made him able to testify against Landis?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bigskinny wrote:
bigskinny wrote:

Does anyone know why Lemond was a part of the Landis case? What involvement did he have with Landis that made him able to testify against Landis?

IIRC, he had reached out to Landis and encouraged him to come clean. They had several conversations during that time frame, about drug use and other topics. During one of them, Lemond revealed to Flandis that he (Lemond) had been sexually abused as a child. He allegedly did this in an attempt to gain Flandis' trust and get him to admit the truth.

Flandis and his cohorts later threatened to reveal Lemond's secret.

lemond was called as a witness because of these conversations.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Breaking News: Greg Lemond [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. So landis told Lemond he used drugs and that is why we was in court.

I still do not know why Lemond got involved at all. By this time he was done with cycling and should have stayed out of it. If Landis had gone to Lemond it would have been different. It seems like sour grapes on Lemonds part wanting to prove Landis was guilty, by the way I am gland Landis was found guilty. Since Lemond had no involvement he should have stayed clear of the mess.
Last edited by: bigskinny: Dec 30, 11 7:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't remember if Flandis confided in Lemond or not. But those conversations were the reason Lemond was subpoenaed.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply

Prev Next