Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
So do you have an area stud?
Quote | Reply
We have a local guy up here who is an All-American status racer who for the last five years has destroyed the competition. If he enters....he wins by a lot. And he enters just about everything. Funny thing is he hasnt moved up to 1/2 ironman or even olympic competition. He just does sprints and he does them quickly. Kinda makes it frustrating for us 2nd - 5th place competitors who are always behind him. Think I should hire that guy Tanya Harding knows whos good with a bat????? Maybe I should just learn to swim and put in more road miles.......nah....the bat seems easier. :)
Quote Reply
Re: So do you have an area stud? [peethreeguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kevin Gingras. He is a national stud in 35-39.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, we got one. He kicks everyone here on a regular basis, but on occasion an out-of-towner will show up and he doesn't win. He finished second a few weeks ago and went home before the awards were handed out.

Lou Battaglia

Why didn't I retire last year?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have Eric Fernando and Cheryl Klotkowski. He is an impressive athlete and always conducts himself as a consummate professional. He's a great ambassador for the sport, as is his girlfriend Cheryl Klotkowski.

When I think of the very best people in the sport, I think of these two- and that goes for any level of the sport up to professional. Both are fine athletes who win big races and small. Both have given back substantially to the local multi-sport community in terms of time and effort and sharing their experience.

The sport in the state is better for having these two.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: So do you have an area stud? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
which sport? What are you own about?
Are you a stud or not?
What are you doing on this forum, you have a young lass to satisfy and you play with your internet thingy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, they have to live somewhere.

We have a lot of older real fast guys (So. Cal.)... Emilio De Soto, Monty, Russ (Grunt Guy) Jones, Brian Fong, Mike Martin (be extremely fast if he could only swim). Then getting younger, Michael Collins. Much younger than that, they've all gone pro.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: So do you have an area stud? [Spin Doctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is also disturbing to me that Tom's posting frequency has not gone down since his engagement...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eric is a great guy and class act. I met him last year at Little Smokies HIM. The guy is so cool even though he was leading (or in second place can't remember) he stopped and helped change his GF's flat tyre along the way.

Whatever you're giving him to wear Bikesport logos isn't enough. :=)
Last edited by: Trevor S: Aug 28, 05 10:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wayne McSheehy- greatest 70-74 triathlete in the world. He won his age group at worlds by about twenty minutes last time he raced it, and is still quicker than about 75% of the 30-34 guys out there racing. Doesn't do the long stuff anymore after a bad experience in Kona, but just incredible to watch him go Oly or shorter.

Also a super nice guy who gives a lot back to the multisport community. If he's not racing he's RDing, and if he's not going that, he's out volunteering. I've told him I want to be like him when I grow up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here in Minnesota it's David Thompson. He cleaned up the Midwest Multisport series. He also had time to compete in bigger races though like Lifetime Fitness. Real friendly guy and an amazing athlete. Brian Bich is likely to win whatever in Minnesota David Thompson doesn't race.
Quote Reply
Re: So do you have an area stud? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"In my failures, I saw the darkest part of myself, where I was weak, where expectations did not meet reality. Until you face your fears, you don't move to the other side, where you find the power." -- Mark Allen

Cool quote, by the way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's kind of neat when you show up for the local duathlon and Normann Stadler and Heather Fuhr drop by to blow everyone away. Or the other night at the free monthly club aquathon, watching Kate Major and Jessie Stensland battle it out.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm trying I'm trying
Quote Reply
Re: So do you have an area stud? [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kate and Jessie... oh that's when Michellie isn't racing!!!!

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: So do you have an area stud? [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there are some more guys down here in SD right up there with Michael Collins, like Patrick Baldwin, Dave Easa and the list goes on. I guess in So Cal there's never just ONE area stud! :D
Quote Reply
Re: So do you have an area stud? [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea, saw Kevin Gingras and Bruce Genari (TN) at the Little Smokies half as well (I think their team name was 2 dads trying). Both ridiculous swimmers: high 17s to low 19s for the 1500, then even faster after that on the bike, run). Very nice chaps to boot - mus be the Ohio/Midwest thing. Couple of guys I know were chasing them ...They both seem to be good at short and long stuff (seeing as that weekend ends up more than IM distance).

Quote | Reply
We got an AA in my age group as well. His name is Mark and though I don't know him personally I have met his wife when I was in physical therapy. Now his daughter and mine are on the same soccer team. Every time I see his name o the start list I scratch 1 podium spot (1st) as taken. This guy has only been doing tris for 3-4 yrs and is tapering down for his 2nd Kona IM. There's another guy who ususally gets a podium spot behind Mark. This guy also enters the swim events I do and takes a spot there as well. I got my cross hairs on their back and am gunnin for them. The one nice thing is that next year I'll move up to the next age group and have a couple of years before they show up.

John
"A profoundly peaceful run; a gift to myself" Frazz
Quote Reply
Re: So do you have an area stud? [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tai Belchta seems to be getting harder to deal with by the locals. Another year and he will be up in the elite studleyness range.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tim Sheeper and Ted Simpkins come to mind in the SF BayArea.

fka: bassman

After the swim, I'm a fish outta water.
Quote Reply
Re: So do you have an area stud? [bassman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Tim Sheeper and Ted Simpkins come to mind in the SF BayArea.[/reply]

And that Lieto dude. ;-)

On the women's side, there is Kristy and Shawn from Transition Sports and Lydia S. from the Mad Cows. Diana Hassel too before she moved.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In SE Michigan there are several stand-outs, male and female. I think that one guy is Roman Krzyzanowski. Lightning fast on the bike and has the run to back it up. I don't think he can be confused with a fish though. I count myself lucky to call him a friend and training partner.

Bernie

Quote | Reply
We have a guy here in the Oklahoma... First year of triathlons. He was 1st overall in all 4 tris and all 4 du's he entered this year. A good swimmer, and a good biker, then he runs like a Kenyan. In the 2 Oly's he did, his run time was 5 minutes faster than the 2nd fastest runner in the field. 5 minutes! Has a 29'04" PR in the 10k! It will be interesting to see what he can do in the next few years, especially with some bike mileage as he essentially had zero before this year.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When he's not looking, break the buckle on his helmet. Then, kindly point ou to the RD, the *ahem* rules infraction.

All in fun.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your question is so gay.

You call him and stud and he only does sprints - what a pussy.
Quote Reply
Re: So do you have an area stud? [Andy G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Your question is so gay.

You call him and stud and he only does sprints - what a pussy.
There is more to triathlon than Ironman.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply

Prev Next