Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: zipp 440 vs. spinergy rev x [bikedude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I used to hate descending at speeds on my Rev-Xs as well - very shaky when braking over 30-35 mph when hitting a downhill turn for instance. I even went to the little stiffener thingies between the spokes which only marginally helped. I also cracked the front wheel were the spoke attached to the rim near the the little rivets while riding. I felt it fail and had no accident thank God - I went to the Hed3s after that, now the Zipps. I had no issues with the Hed3s (other than weight).

I forget about the much better machined braking surface of the 404s. vs. the 440s - that is a nice improvement as braking is super smooth (even better than my Reynolds Alta Race clinchers)

Re: zipp 440 vs. spinergy rev x [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know about what is written about rev x's being less aero than spokes, but I can tell you it is more aero by personal experience. I have ridden the same time trial on the same day with spinergy and spokie wheels, the spinergy is much faster. I do hope mine don't collapse as you say, though! I will say that I have had them for around 8 years now and despite 'chunks' of blade missing, they still work great...

"mt evans in 2:07:33"
Quote Reply

Prev Next