Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

zipp 404's as everyday wheels??
Quote | Reply
I was reading a few reviews of these that suggest they're strong enough to use as your everyday wheels. What do people here think. It's a lot of money to drop on something you don't use very often, but I wondered if they really would be ok to use daily.

I may have a good deal coming up on a pair so I'm pondering this.

I should add that they'd be clinchers. Yes, I know. Just don't start.

Justin.
Last edited by: Freeflyer: Jul 22, 05 1:53
Quote Reply
Re: zipp 404's as everyday wheels?? [Freeflyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are more than strong enough for daily wheels and many people use them that way. The problem being if you do damage one is it is a lot of money down the drain. That is the risk you take.
Quote Reply
Re: zipp 404's as everyday wheels?? [Freeflyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
       I've been riding 404clinchers full time for over three years without any problems at all. They are not the delicate flowers that people around here make them out to be. I even crashed the bike and schredded the front tire with no damage to the wheels. I used to ride with a couple of guys from the Princeton Freewheelers bicycle club who rode 303 tubies full time. They didn't have any trouble either. I want to enjoy my rides and these wheels make riding that much more enjoyable. I say; go for it. Don't leave them hanging in the garage, ride them.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: zipp 404's as everyday wheels?? [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that. I've decided that the budget won't stretch to the zipps just yet, what with buying the new bike, but there will be a set in my future.

Good to know that they'll be up to daily use.

cheers,

Justin.
Quote Reply