Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

zipp 2001/3000 Wheels
Quote | Reply
I have a Zipp 2001 and just got a pair of Zipp 3000 wheels that I've been after for a while. Even though they are both front wheels, I purchased them both, knowing that I could convert one of them to a rear wheel. This, of course, was in theory... Anyone know how I can get my hands on the part (or parts) needed to do the "conversion" job?

Appreciative of any help or advice I can get....

:) Zippy1111
Quote Reply
Re: zipp 2001/3000 Wheels [zippy1111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'll probably need to contact someone at Zipp. The original Zipp 3000 wheels were are freehwheels not cassettes. They would take a 6-7 speed freewheel. I'd bet for a price ZIpp could replace the rear hub for a cassette style hub to allow a 8-9-10 speed cassette.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: zipp 2001/3000 Wheels [zippy1111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the 3000 was built for a screw-on cluster only (or track cog). I looked into this when I sold mine around 5 years ago and the only option was a 7 or 8 speed screw-on cluster, no after-market option for cassette, or 9-10 speed unfortunately.

From the Zipp website (http://www.zipp.com/...y/wheel_timeline.php): "The 3000 three spoke wheel is available with adaptable front/rear screw on 7spd or 8spd freewheel."
Quote Reply