Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

zero gravity brake pads
Quote | Reply
For those that have Zero Gravity brakes, what pads do you use with your training wheels?

thanks,
David
Quote Reply
Re: zero gravity brake pads [kytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The black ones that came with the brakes - swap to the red ones (Corima I think) for all carbon race wheels

Re: zero gravity brake pads [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rod, do you live on ST? It took all of 2 minutes to get a reply...

;)

do I have to get the black ones through them or can I use a different pad more locally available? Mine came with yellow pads.

If anyone's looking for a good price on the 07 models, Excel has them for 399.

These things are so cool, way overkill, but very nicely made.

d
Last edited by: kytri: Jan 25, 07 17:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup, just signed on while listening to "Cotton Eye Joe" on iTunes while my daughter is "clogging" to it for an upcoming recital :)

I like those Red Corima pads a lot (looks mostly) and those can be ordered :), but the black Kool Stops are very nice as well.

Quote | Reply
I use the black ones.......I will slide on the blue for my race wheels

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Black Campy pads are great and are pretty cheap. The Corima red's are junk with my carbon wheels (Hed3c front, Zipp disk rear and bontrager aero's). I have another set of carbon specific pads already mounted in shoes with a washer that makes them adjustable on the Zero g's when I switch wheelsets. Its a pain in the butt to change the campy pads on the zero g' shoes. Its faster to just swap the whole shoe/pad combo. I have used the Bontrager cork pads and swiss stop yellow with carbon and both are good.
Quote Reply
Re: zero gravity brake pads [nrand1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Question for Zero G owners... is there a trick to installing the Swiss Stop Yellow king brake pads on the Zero G shoes? I'm having a bitch of a time getting the old pads off the ZGs...

Also, should I order the Shimano compatible Swissstops or the Campy versions?
thx in advance
Quote Reply
Re: zero gravity brake pads [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Question for Zero G owners... is there a trick to installing the Swiss Stop Yellow king brake pads on the Zero G shoes? I'm having a bitch of a time getting the old pads off the ZGs...

Also, should I order the Shimano compatible Swissstops or the Campy versions?
thx in advance

Campy.
Quote Reply
Re: zero gravity brake pads [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Getting Campy pads out is a pain. I do it like this:

- Pull the entire shoe off the caliper, screw the fixing bolt back into the shoe.
- Stand next to a table and push bottom edge of the brake pad against the corner of the table (keep the shoe off the table) so that you're pushing the pad out of the top of the shoe.
- When you get a little pad showing over the edge of the shoe, take a pair of pliers and pull it out. Should slide right out.

It's the pushing of the pads (they're generally pretty soft) that causes them to bunch up in the shoe and prevent an easy release. Pulling them out is a good way to work around it. When you put them back in, go about it in basically the same (but reverse) way. Having something hard to put against the brake shoe will make it easier on your hand.
Quote Reply
Re: zero gravity brake pads [kytri_in_CO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Campy Black pads
Quote Reply