Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

www.wrenchscience.com fitting engine
Quote | Reply
I know this is a roadie site, but has anyone ever gone throught the fitting engine on their site and try it out? I did, with interesting results. Anyone else try this?
Quote Reply
Re: www.wrenchscience.com fitting engine [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've entered my stats several times and checked - as far as I can see I am doing it correctly, however the read out is not right, eg. 4cm for top length and 0cm for frame size?

anyone else have trouble

(I am entering all data in cm where length and am ensuring i click the cm drop box.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used this site a number of times, although it has probably been a few months since I've referred anyone to the site. It is paramount to remember that this program is not designed to provide general fitting parameters, but fitting for WrenchScience custom bikes. That said, it does have some wider applicability. I've found that their recommendations generally run a bit larger for road bikes than I would recommend and a couple centimeters (2-4cm) larger for most tri frames.

It is not a bad place to start. I've had people ask me about fitting and I've referred them to the site to get them in the ballpark.

Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good timing, as I just went through this last night. Although this site produced some useful general guidelines, I found the fitting tool at competitive cyclist to be much more useful.

-------
Andrew

"When will i learn, people do not want to hurt but will spend $500.00 bucks to go four seconds faster." - randall t
Quote Reply
Re: www.wrenchscience.com fitting engine [Straight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Straight,

You need to enable 'cookies' to use the calculator----if you are a Windows user, in Internet Explorer, go to Tools-Internet Options-Privacy to verify this.
Quote Reply
Re: www.wrenchscience.com fitting engine [pezdoctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that pezdoctor, I would never have thought.
Quote Reply