Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

where do I get a "space blanket"
Quote | Reply
I'm doing a trail marathon on Saturday and they just sent us a list of stuff we should have- bright clothing (it is hunting season and we're running through state parks..hmmmm), compass, trail map, signal whistle, extra socks, space blanket and cell phone. I managed to find everything except the blanket. Any thoughts on where I can find one of these ASAP?

Also, do you think they mean we are supposed to carry all this crap with us for 26 miles? I'm going to have enough trouble carrying myself that far, I don't need to be loaded down like a pack mule! However, given my sense of direction ( or lack thereof) I should probably plan on being hopelessly lost.

I'm getting really nervous!
Quote Reply
Re: where do I get a "space blanket" [TriKitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any camping store like REI should have it, some sporting goods/hunting stores might have it too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, you could pay 6 buckos for one at EMS or REI, or you could pay 2 bills for one at Walmart.

-Erik

"I don't half-ass anything. For me its either whole-ass or nothing." -elake
Quote Reply
Re: where do I get a "space blanket" [elake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try CAbela's or Campmor.com. They're usually cheaper than REI. I'm sure there are other even cheaper places.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They may be cheaper, but I can pretty much guarantee you'll not find a person who knows a thing about trail running.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These are all good suggestions, but I need one in 2 days. I've been to the sporting goods stores-no luck, in fact they look at me like I was speaking latin. Good ol Wal-Mart sounds like the best bet. I'll give that a shot tomorrow. Heck, I'll bet they're open 24hrs for the Christmas season! Happy Holidays!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DO NOT WEAR ANYTHING WHITE! as in WHITEtail deer.

Try to get something in hunter's (fluorescent) orange. Again, Walmart would be a great place for that. They have winter caps, synthetic gloves, vests, etc.

Have a great time!

Dan
www.aiatriathlon.com

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: where do I get a "space blanket" [dtreeps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Does that mean I should put the Christmas reindeer antlers away? So much for holiday spirit...... :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't forget a pair of these to keep your ears warm!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Call your local Boy Scout Council office. Ours here sells them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply