Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

whats your plan this year workout wise?
Quote | Reply
Curious as to what you guys are doing over the next six months or so. My season starts here in May and I am always a little confused as to when to stop or taper the pure aerobic workouts. Right now I am keeping it aerobic and long for about the next two months. Then I will start a few anaerobic days each week with the speed work coming about 8 weeks out. I should say I am training for a sprint season in May and June then an Ironman season late in the summer.
Quote Reply
Re: whats your plan this year workout wise? [mainetriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Plan? What's that? :)

Had one the last two years and now trying to figure out what races to do this year. Kind of nice getting through the holidays not focusing on race stuff for a change.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm doing my base building for the next 3 months followed by a short break, 6 weeks of anaerobic work, back to aerobic work for a short time until my taper and 1/2 im in june.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i think i'm still in the middle of my season right now.... did an ironman in nov and i'm doing a winter road racing series now. it's a ton of fun with races ranging from 2.7 mi to 13.1 mi every sunday from december to feb. once that's done i'll be doing two ultras (one in march one in april) then probably moving into a few sprint tris in may, june, july then focusing on long course. probably an IM in october.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
10/hrs per week in January. Thats all I have planned so far,,,oh and qualifying at IMLP. Then taking my wife to Hawaii. Well,,,,,thats my plan anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't eschew all speed work and quality workouts. Concentrating on base is good, but that doesn't mean you have to let everything else go.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to use one of the 28 week plans in the book "Training plans for Multisport Athletes". I will modify it slightly to accomodate my weeknesses. A half in July and September are my A races.

I was surprised that there is speedwork early in the plan but after I did a lot of reading, it makes sense. The speedwork will increase my efficiency at each discipline.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Base training with some tempo work on the bike to help boost my aerobic threshold, focusing on aerobic power in prep for training camp in the mountains of Ventura county. When I'm back, a couple of weeks of active recovery before some speed work in prep for "spring classics". Then some more aerobic/tempo in prep for mid season longer races, more speed work as itt champs come around august.

That's the plan anyway, so far so good with a little blip at xmas, but going strong now...only time will tell.

Ian MacLean
http://www.imfit.ca
Success comes when fear of failure goes
Quote Reply