Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

what to do?
Quote | Reply
OK. Not to be gross, but I'm coughing up a bit of green stuff today. I have a run scheduled, and it is supposed to be around 75 today and beautiful. Should I run? Or should I lift weights? Or should I do nothing?
Quote Reply
Re: what to do? [brett c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rest. you're coughing and the green could be infection. you might hate to hear this, but you need to not workout until the cough is but gone. this could take 7 days, but at least you won't perpetuate your sickenss for 4-6 weeks or longer. it's worth it. take your butt to the steam room instead--if you don't have access, find a gym that has one and pay for a day to go in it. might cost you 10 bucks, but will speed healing and help your lungs. also, take a big bottle of ice water. when you get hot, get out and take a cool shower and repeat. make an hour out of it, and this can be your "workout".

my other advice is to avoid dairy because it enhances mucas production, which can deter healing. use lots of hot sauce, onions, garlic in your food. also, take an antioxidant vitamin--one in the am one in the pm. you'll be up in no time. sitting in the sun will stimulate your healing as well.
Quote Reply
Re: what to do? [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Although I do hate to hear that, thanks very much for your advice. Steam room sounds pretty good about now, actually. Thanks again!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was out for two weeks (started training again this weekend) 'cos I had the mother of all sore throats, etc.....just can the workouts and rest.....

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take a walk... a nice walk somewhere pretty, perhaps a normal run route. You'll notice things you otherwise wouldn't - especially if you take someone with you.

But yeah, training while sick is generally a bad idea.
Quote Reply