Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

what caused Jurgen Zack to DNF last weekend?
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.
Quote Reply
Re: what caused Jurgen Zack to DNF last weekend? [ktw70115] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
German press says he caught the 'flu the week before and felt weak and miserable.

regards, kullerich
Quote Reply
Re: what caused Jurgen Zack to DNF last weekend? [kullerich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A German camera crew interviewed him right there at the medical tent or aid station or whereever he stopped, and he told them that he had woken up in the mornings the last few days before the race with a stuffy nose and slight joint and muscle pains, some sort of flu or cold. He had hoped that things might get better but things got worse on the bike, so he decided to quit.
Quote Reply
Re: what caused Jurgen Zack to DNF last weekend? [jave-mtr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No kidding. The flu this year is brutal. The version I got damn near killed me at Duke. When I took my daughter to the pediatrician's office for treatment for her cold the doc said that they had a near epidemic of flu right now in Orlando. She had never seen it so bad.

Anyway, I've raced with the flu, but usually it just rips you apart and dumps everything you have on the pavement in front of you. Not nice.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: what caused Jurgen Zack to DNF last weekend? [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As did I, he went too hard in the Underpants Run and had the famous triathlete term "bad day".
Quote Reply