Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

wetsuit style
Quote | Reply
i want to buy an orca preditor 2 but i am torn between the sleevles and the full. i cant test ride them so i dont know i want top performance. any help out thier?
Quote Reply
Re: wetsuit style [NYC2012] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The fullsuit will be faster for most everyone from all accounts. Dan has posted some tests that he did which indicate this. That said, I know a few pros that prefer to swim in sleeveless (probably because they are such good swimmers and like the freedom of movement).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was in the same situation, trying to decide between sleeves or not. I finally decided last week to order the proMotion longjohn and their TriSleeves. It hasn't come in yet, so i cannot offer any insight into the setup but it seems like the ultimate in versatility. www.wetsuit.com

jg

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a long sleeve predator 2 and have found that it has the most flexable arms I have ever swum in in a wetsuit so recommend the long sleeve option. Especially when you read Dans articles showing that long sleves are always faster than short.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go long. I agree, that if you are a fast swimmer, sleveless may not affect your perfect stroke, but for the rest of us, the extra floatation and warmth of full really helps.

"Nothing in life ever just happens. Calculated progression insures your strength."
Shawn Spencer
Bike Cycles
Wilmington, NC
http://www.bikecycleshop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you get the Bionik from Aquaman you will have tons of freedom in the shoulders and the arms. Long sleeve is the only way to go. Aquaman is by far the leader in technology for wetsuits--check out their website.

www.aquamantri.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I read all the suggestions for going full-sleeve versus none - so I went into the local tri shop to try a few on (hoping to see about Orca, QR and IM). Got to the store, talked about my planned races for the summer, my weight/height and comfort in the water. Even being from MN the guys at the store (I asked more than one saleman for an opinion) suggested that I go with a sleeveless since all my races are summer and in MN. They said once I move on to ocean tri's that I should think about a full-sleeve, but until then I didn't need the extra warmth or float. It also turned out that they had a QR that the legs had been cut shorter on so I got a swinging deal. Hadn't planned on buying at that time, but it was hard to pass up $65 off normal price.

This won't be my dream wetsuit, but it was the right price, and will get me into the water and started tri-ing. Eventually when I prep for an IM then I'll think about upgrading the suit, but for now I just need something to get me into the sport without breaking the bank. Perhaps you aren't in the same situation, but do be sure to consider all the variables (where you are racing, avg. water temp, swimming style, local recommendations, long term/short term goals, etc.) when you are buying your wetsuit.

Peace,

Josh
Quote Reply