Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

velomax circuits or shimano PH-7701's?
Quote | Reply
I have the opportunity to get either a new pair of velomax circuit comps or a pair of used (1 year) shimano 7701's.. they both seem to be about the same weight, and they will be used as training wheels. Opinions?

thanks

david
Quote Reply
Re: velomax circuits or shimano PH-7701's? [David Clinkard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Velomax Circuits are the best training wheels I've ever owned. Inexpensive, bombproof, and very comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've heard nothing but good things about those Velomax wheels.

FWIW I believe those are the same wheels that come standard on a P3.

FWIW#2, my wife has been riding the circuits for about 2.5 years (5000+ miles) and we haven't had to touch them yet.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
maybe its the bike but I'm really happy with my velomax wheels. I had the oollld shimano 535's, was never really impressed. oh right, the freewheel on the velomax are quiet. verrry quiet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto. Two years and over 4,500 miles on Velomax Circuits. Haven't done anything except change tires. Great wheels.

HH

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I have the opportunity to get either a new pair of velomax circuit comps or a pair of used (1 year) shimano 7701's.. they both seem to be about the same weight, and they will be used as training wheels. Opinions?

thanks

david

I own both of those wheelsets. The Shimanos have been hanging on the garage wall for over a year. The Velomax set sees action three times a week. I'm moving soon and I think the Shimanos will end up donated to somebody so I don't have to store them anymore.

Velomax are the best factory-built wheels money can buy.
Quote Reply