Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ultra runners are entertaining.
Quote | Reply
So I've been watching the top 10 of the Strava GU 100k challenge, and I've gotta say, its almost comical the kinds of miles these guys are doing.

http://app.strava.com/...usand-mile-challenge

A friend of mine (H. Wakely) is determined to run 20+ miles a day for this whole thing. I personally think he's going to get injured and told him that, but he seems to be pretty confident he can't withstand the rigors. (he's one of those genetic specimens with no formal training, and no background in running, but can just churn out the miles).

Then I started looking at some of the other guys up in the top of this competition, and they're just as nuts! Looking through their routes is really wild, to watch these guys throw down long run after long run (and in some pretty cool places too!)

So if you're bored this week/month, watch the top ten, as I bet we'll see some guys (and gals) literally run themselves into the ground just for the pride of seeing their name at the top.

***please note. I do not condone this type of training and think it is mostly foolish. but if people think they can handle it and indeed go for it, I'm gonna get the popcorn and watch.
Quote Reply
Re: ultra runners are entertaining. [%FTP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'd be surprised how many miles an ultra runner can throw down in a month without getting injured. Those folks are machines.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I followed Tony Krupicka's blog (http://antonkrupicka.blogspot.com/) for a while. He has been a top notch ultra runner. At one point, he was consistently hitting 200+ miles a week. I was shocked to see his numbers. But, it seems like he is always injured.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These guys have weekly RUN mileage totals like most cyclists and triathletes have weekly CYCLING milage totals. Unless they are running incredibly slow, i am impressed!
Quote Reply