Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

tubular question, 19mm,20mm, or 23mm
Quote | Reply
i am 6 ft, 165 and have 700c wheels. used zipp 440 front and used hed disc rear. most races are flat. any suggestions for brands or sizes. many thanks john
Quote Reply
Re: tubular question, 19mm,20mm, or 23mm [b192jkn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really like my Tufo s-33 lites, but have used Conti's in the past and also liked them.

Sizewise, there will be small differences in ride (hardness), grip, and aero'nes. If you want to be an aero/weight weenie, go with the 19s, but the 20 or 23s will be a little more comfortable, and not much slower.

There is talk about the whole tire/rim/wheel interface, and how matching a tire to the rim will result in a more aero profile. I don't know what combo would work best on the wheels you have though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
According to ZIPP, 21 mm is the best size for aero purposes. I don't know about weight or other issues. Call them at 800.472.3972

--------
"Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word" - John Steinbeck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run a tufo 19 up front and a 22 in the back. Works for me. I figure rear tire probably more important for comfort but that is a wag on my part.
Quote Reply