Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
trisports tempe closed?
Quote | Reply
I saw on beginner triathlete that trisports closed their store in tempe. Can anyone confirm that? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: trisports tempe closed? [tridave1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would be really weird. Granted I was there the weekend of Collegiate Nationals/Leadman, but there were tons of people there

IG: idking90
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, it is now closed.
Quote Reply
Re: trisports tempe closed? [NU_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks NU_Tri!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tridave1 wrote:
I saw on beginner triathlete that trisports closed their store in tempe. Can anyone confirm that? Thanks
_____

Too bad that its closed ... there really aren't many good cycle/tri shops in Phoenix ..... I thought that was a bad location when it opened as Tempe is sort of inconvenient to get to from anywhere in metro Phoenix.

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: trisports tempe closed? [dcsxtri10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went to ASU and stuck around there for a few years after. Mill Avenue is just not a good place for business, and I couldn't tell you exactly why, just my observation from seeing all of the turnover. In theory, the location is good for its proximity to the myriad of events throughout the year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tribe Multi Sport in Scottsdale.
Quote Reply
Re: trisports tempe closed? [sdbanker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sdbanker wrote:
Tribe Multi Sport in Scottsdale.
_______

I didn't say there weren't any;-) Tribe is OK, Landis is better in my opinion ..... we all probably have different opinions .... from my point of view, not much after those.

Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When did it close? I bought a bike there last Wednesday (May 15th) and it certainly was open...
Quote Reply
Re: trisports tempe closed? [KP-NJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KP-NJ wrote:
When did it close? I bought a bike there last Wednesday (May 15th) and it certainly was open...
_____

They have a notice on the facebook interactive part of their website today
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dcsxtri10 wrote:
KP-NJ wrote:

_____

Sunday the 19th they closed the doors according to the FB page.

I'm bummed as well, they had a great fitter and system there, although Steve Merz (one of my fitters) indicated to me in an email that he would still be doing Retul Muve fits contracted through Trisports.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: trisports tempe closed? [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Devlin wrote:
dcsxtri10 wrote:
KP-NJ wrote:

_____

Sunday the 19th they closed the doors according to the FB page.

I'm bummed as well, they had a great fitter and system there, although Steve Merz (one of my fitters) indicated to me in an email that he would still be doing Retul Muve fits contracted through Trisports.

John
________

If they'd just read Slomans "be the future" and bike sales review they probably would have stayed open and just put in a coffee bar ;-)

Dave :p
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dcsxtri10 wrote:
If they'd just read Slomans "be the future" and bike sales review they probably would have stayed open and just put in a coffee bar ;-)

Dave :p

That's actually not that far from the mark, sadly. Mill is full of "millrats" that think it's trendy to be "homeless" and drink coffee all day, and Mill avenue has tons of the "hipster fixie" hippie/granola/nature baby shops. A coffee bar (While it would have had competition) might have been a decent draw.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
guess tom demerly leaving them just wrecked their whole set up lol
Quote Reply
Re: trisports tempe closed? [Fruitcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fruitcake wrote:

Tom was gone long before they even opened the Tempe store.

John

Quote Reply
Re: trisports tempe closed? [NU_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just there a few weeks ago and had them install my new Quarq. Just moved to the area and I need to get fitted again. They were one of the places I was considering. Any other suggestions for a great fitter in Phoenix area?
Quote Reply
Re: trisports tempe closed? [WhoaNellie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WhoaNellie wrote:
I was just there a few weeks ago and had them install my new Quarq. Just moved to the area and I need to get fitted again. They were one of the places I was considering. Any other suggestions for a great fitter in Phoenix area?

Contact Steve Merz (smerz at trisports dot com), I don't know if he is still contracting from the Phoenix area or strictly from Tucson. I'd consider it worth the drive (Uses Retul Muve system), but I have also heard good things about the fit services at Faster in Scottsdale. http://www.ride-faster.com/

John

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
where did he go now?

Devlin wrote:
Fruitcake wrote:

John

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the suggestions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, get in touch with Alan at Tribe Multisport (Retul Certified). Whether you want Retul or static, I'm a big fan of his.
Quote Reply
Re: trisports tempe closed? [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:
where did he go now?

Devlin wrote:
Fruitcake wrote:

John

I hadn't known, but his LinkedIn profile shows him as a journalist (blogger) at Felt Bicycles since October of last year.

John

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WhoaNellie wrote:

Paraic McGlynn - google him
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian Barrett at http://www.velocraftcycling.com/ is an excellent fitter. Uses the Retul system.

Brian Grasky
Grasky Endurance: World Championship Triathlon Coaching; Professional Training Camps
RETUL fitter, Biomechanist, USAT Level 3 Coach, USAC Level 2 Coach
Quote Reply
Re: trisports tempe closed? [seebritri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone for the recommendations.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't forget Perry Clark at the Scottsdale Landis. F.I.S.T. certified, and I believe the only masters BG fitter in the state
Quote Reply

Prev Next