Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: tririg-scoops [Bscheel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No issues at all. Im waiting for my aero coach angled spacers to arrive so I can add a bit more comfort

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [jlentzke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfect, I'm planning on that same setup
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:

No, you just misunderstood me, so I'll rephrase. I'm suggesting to maintain the same forearm angle by tilting the extensions up together with the cups instead of tilting just the cups and using high rise bars.

I see three scenarios if someone is trying to reach tilt X:
1. Your aerobar has tilt adjustment and X is within the adjustment range. So you can use that tilt adjust and grab the extension lower.
2. Your aerobar has tilt adjustment and X is beyond the adjustment range. You need wedges.
3. Your aerobar has no tilt adjustment so you need wedges.

I'm assuming people are in category 1 and they haven't maxed out the tilt adjust (most people). If you're in category 2 or 3, then you should already have known that a long cup won't contact your forearm if you don't use wedges.
I'd be in category 2, since I'm already at max tilt with the Alpha X front end. So that means adding 'something' to align the scoops with the extensions. For a majority of people this is an unexpected problem, Tri-Rig says it isn't a problem and you might say it's an obvious thing everyone should have known beforehand. Either way, it appears to be the source of some debate and something requiring solutions.
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [Bscheel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, looks awesome!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for posting pictures.

your setup is where many people will have issues getting their hands high enough while keeping their forearms rested on the actual scoops. the higher the angle of the extensions, the less contact with the forearm. this is what i'm experiencing using the Vuka 110. hence the discussion for a wedge to tilt the scoops only to reach the extensions.
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [Rocket_racing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocket_racing wrote:
Very cool, except that they limit bta bottle options if you run narrow arms. May not be for me.

Here are pics of my setup on alpha x bars. I am thinking if i really like how it feels like this i will just cut the scoops to fit my bta. I am not afraid of cutting and drilling haha. Also for those just looking at pics, notice how i might die because I took to 20 mm spacers and cut them on a angle to match my high hand position perfectly. I really does feel nice so far.
Here is a link to pics, this forum is soo hard to add pictures!!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sNzEhfhHKMrdaEfJ6

Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that's a very slick build, but it illustrates a limitation of Alpha X, and suggests you'd be better served by Alpha One. What I mean is, you want your stack so low, and your tilt so high, and you were forced to undermount your extensions, then use a very high-rise extension to get the shifters as high as you needed. Alpha One would likely serve you better, letting you keep everything up top, still achieve the same position but with less frontal area.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My angle if i measured it correctly is 28 degrees, and the max tilt the alpha one has is 17, and then i would do wedges too? what is the best setup? I had 20 degree wedges that were not enough.
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [smallhips] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got mine and I can't seem to get comfortable on them. I will go back to the regular TriRig ones. If anyone wants to purchase my brand new TriRig Scoops PM me. Ridden only once indoor.

- Bilal
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [bilalm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bilalm wrote:
I got mine and I can't seem to get comfortable on them. I will go back to the regular TriRig ones. If anyone wants to purchase my brand new TriRig Scoops PM me. Ridden only once indoor.

- Bilal
I've found you may need to tweak the position a bit vs the standard cups - angle them so the tips point inwards a bit, and maybe move them more forward or backwards. I really like mine now they're set up well especially when I ride outside. Indoors is a lot more difficult but that's mostly due to my position. Point being - I'd suggest to try it outside and see how it feels, it may feel more obvious how to set them up so they're more comfortable than cups.
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To get my Scoops dialed in I added the Aerocoach 15 degree wedges. I am using the Tririg Apha X bars, but the tilt kit on these alone was not enough for my position. I am running a High Hands position and the combination of the tririg Tilt, pad risers and the backstop of the Scoops feels about perfect.
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [nockee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can you post a pic of the aerocoach wedges mounted? with a 15 degree wedge, can you feel the bolt stick out under the foam pad (i'm guessing it's not very flush with the scoop bolt holes).
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do these work for flat hands positions at all? It seems like everyone says they need some sort of tilt to get the full experience out of them

Gone with the wind

Instagram: palmtreestriathlon
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [palmtrees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By “flat hands” do you mean no tilt?? I think would be be great with no tilt. In that position you probably have more pressure on arms and these would spread those pressure points out.

The issues people are raising come from too much tilt.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Jan 11, 20 16:42
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I mean no tilt. I'm running 3T aduro on my P2 and am looking to increase comfort, but there are no real options for tilt with these bars to go with something like the drag2zero poles. I'm just running standard ski bends with the standard cups with ceegees pads, and that's about the best I can do right now

Gone with the wind

Instagram: palmtreestriathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
By “flat hands” sob you mean no tilt?? I think would be be great with no tilt. In that position you probably have more pressure on arms and these would spread those pressure points out.

The issues people are raising come from too much tilt.
That's not really correct - it's due to the arm not running parallel to the extensions whenever the cup is closer to the extension compared to how far the hand is from a virtual extension that had no bend in it. The scoops run parallel to the extensions but in reality the forearm doesn't (in most cases), rather it's slightly angled. This is not at all noticeable with standard cups but becomes visible with scoops.

I think the same problem may occur with a horizontal setup without tilt if you use extensions with a high stack. Anything with a J-bend should have the same problem whereas anS-bend might not.
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are right re: angle. Point taken. But I still think from a pressure point perspective these will work well with no tilt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a brand new set of these if anyone is interested. $135 shipped.
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [Klaus Daimler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Open or closed back? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [smallhips] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super happy with my set-up. Open back scoops with Drag2zero new extensions.

Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [datomakin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
datomakin wrote:

I want a Cube Aerium badly, and might end up copying your setup entirely.
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [Traphaus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Traphaus wrote:
datomakin wrote:

I want a Cube Aerium badly, and might end up copying your setup entirely.

You won´t regret it!
Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [datomakin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
datomakin wrote:

Looks awesome! Few questions:
  1. Stock Cube Aerium risers and tilt mechanism?
  2. D2Z Hi Rise extensions?
  3. Specs on the angled spacer / riser?

Quote Reply
Re: tririg-scoops [LBTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LBTri wrote:
datomakin wrote:

Looks awesome! Few questions:
  1. Stock Cube Aerium risers and tilt mechanism?
  2. D2Z Hi Rise extensions?
  3. Specs on the angled spacer / riser?

1) yes
2) yes
3) Aerocoach 10 degree angled spacer

Really works like a charm for far less money than a Speedbar or similar and still freedom of adjustability. I now wonder if the closed back scoops would perhaps even been better but for the moment I’m very happy with the set-up
Quote Reply

Prev Next