Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

tri clubs in madison wisconsin
Quote | Reply
anyone here a member of the headhunters? if so, i have some questions for you - your website calendar isn't very functional right now.

how about university club folks? do i need to go the the U to be a member?

any others that i don't know of?

---Politics = Poli (many) Ticks (blood sucking ectoparasites)
Quote Reply
Re: tri clubs in madison wisconsin [drmthtr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a member of the HH club. Thanks for the heads up on the calander. I'll pass along the info to the web master.

Any other questions?

Tom Derr, Madison
Quote Reply
Re: tri clubs in madison wisconsin [tomd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I may be moving there soon...

Just curious about organized work outs (how many a day, how many / week, etc), where you all work out at (a certain club for swimming, etc), is there a masters swim program, etc...

thanks for the info!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think TriWisconsin has a madison presence
(as well as Milwaukee).

They also have a good Yahoo! group
TriWisconsin :

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/triwisconsin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The club is very active, we have over 200 members with chapters in Madison, Milwaukee and Kenosha WI.

With so many members, there are multiple training groups that form based on schedules and training levels and time of year, etc. Weekly there are planned runs and bike rides (seasonal), in the summer there are usually 2 swims in Lake Wingra in the morning and often at least 1 evening workout. We have a training program coordinator to facilitate the schedules, but as everyone has different schedules, it's no problem to start a new time, place, etc that meets your schedule and ability. The established club runs and rides tend to have more people in them for added support, encouragement and social gatherings afterwards.

When are you coming to Madison? Jan. 30th we have a big "kick-off" party with the latest club news, sponsor programs, videos, swap meet, and socializing. We have many newbies all the way up to current Ironman title holders. Most meetings feature guest speakers. I could go on forever.

tom
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I forgot to add, the UW club is restricted to current UW students, staff and facality.
Quote Reply
Re: tri clubs in madison wisconsin [tomd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sounds great! i will have join if i do end up moving there. (here's to 2nd interviews going well!)

Quote Reply