Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

training plan help???
Quote | Reply
ok I have a question for the group. I was wondering if anyone could give any suggestions at all for me and people in the same boat as me.

My training restrictions have always made it a bit challenging for me to set up training plans for any event in the past and currently is no different

Ok so I work full time and my schedule is M-F 8-4. On top of that I have my daughter every weekend (pick her up from school friday afternoon around 315 and drop her off monday morning around 745) so weekend training is a wash and I have her every other wednesy (school pick up wed afternoon and school drop off thursday morning).

Any tips are welcomed

ig - @servicecourse_evv
Quote Reply
Re: training plan help??? [ProWrench84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get really cozy with early morning workouts.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How old is your daughter?
Quote Reply
Re: training plan help??? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She is 8

ig - @servicecourse_evv
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long ride on Tuesday
Long run on Thursday
Take Friday off. Take daughter to dinner like a princess when you pick her up.
Short run workouts on Sat, Sun. Have her ride a bike next to you.

I would work my schedule around that
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So you pretty much are in the situation of anyone who works and has kids. Harder but you can do it.

Figure out which works better for you, before or after work. If you get hour off for lunch, you can do 30 min. run.

When my kids were young I'd get up very early to run or bike on Saturday and Sunday using lights. You'll need a bike trainer though.

Or you can take a 7-8 year break and waste your time over in the Lavender Room.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would suggest a clear structure which you repeat every week. This makes it a lot easier once you are in the rythm to follow your plan.

Mine looks like this: (Without swimming atm, but just as an exampel)

Monday Rest
Tuesday Vo2max Bike
Wednesday easy bike and/or Run
Thursday easy bike and/or Run
Friday Rest
Saturday Vo2max run
Sunday easy long stuff

This is just a example which suits me. Mabey you should find some structure like this for yourself and repeat it every week.
With your time schedule, morning workouts before work are really important. So try to implement them in your plan.

I guarantee you: Find a structure an follow it consistently for 21 days and it will be a habit.
Quote Reply