Login required to post replies

Prev Next
the new triathlon specific pinarello FT1
Quote | Reply

Image from cyclingnews.com..
Quote Reply
Re: the new triathlon specific pinarello FT1 [tri-inghard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish I had never seen that picture, because I love Pinarellos and that's one of the ugliest frames I have ever seen.
Quote Reply
Re: the new triathlon specific pinarello FT1 [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For once, and only this once, as much as it pains me to say, I have to agree with Paulo. That's one ugly bike.

Bob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow - a rear wheel cut-out that they MUST have stolen from the Cervelo P3 because nobody else has done it...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks like they put zero effort into that bike. Look a the cockpit! Barf. And you could throw a squirrel between the rear wheel and the "cut out". Paint job is nice, but otherwise a stinky bike.

------------------------

Toronto Retailer and Fitter

hellovelo.ca
Quote Reply
Re: the new triathlon specific pinarello FT1 [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure the frame itself is that bad- but they made the mistake of putting training wheels and decidedly unsexy aerobars on it for the picture.

They might just as well have put the chain in the small chainring.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have to agree also.... it s plain ugly and i m a big fan of pinarello..... The front end (handlebar/brake levers/aerobar) is so ugly and gigantic, why do company show bike with such terrible set up..... at least for promotion purpose, put a nice aero neat base bar aero levers and S-bend or something.... not a giraffe like this!!!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it looks like someone left the seat tube in the car on a hot day.

aesthetically, it doesn't do it for me, but a lot of carbon tt/tri bikes don't do it for me.
Quote Reply
Re: the new triathlon specific pinarello FT1 [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol
ur right on the giraffe part
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is it just me or does the seat tube and top tube have the same angle?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: the new triathlon specific pinarello FT1 [acronym] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exactly! there's no way a tri-bike with such a steep HT angle can handle well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cause they are using their own "MOst" components made by pinarello...does very little for me.....

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

http://physasst.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]I wish I had never seen that picture, because I love Pinarellos and that's one of the ugliest frames I have ever seen.[/reply]

LOL! My thoughts exactly! I was really lusting after a Dogma FP for a while. That frame is just awful - I was expecting so much more when I clicked on the thread ...

Re: the new triathlon specific pinarello FT1 [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
[reply]I wish I had never seen that picture, because I love Pinarellos and that's one of the ugliest frames I have ever seen.[/reply]

LOL! My thoughts exactly! I was really lusting after a Dogma FP for a while. That frame is just awful - I was expecting so much more when I clicked on the thread ...

Stupid marketing if that is a promo photo.
Same frame with better aerobars and some matching race wheels would worth the effort.

It hurts so bad, it feels good.
Quote Reply
Re: the new triathlon specific pinarello FT1 [black] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Same frame with better aerobars and some matching race wheels would worth the effort.
I don't think so. That's the worst seat-tube shape I have ever seen, it even beats the one in the Aegis P3Copy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like the K-factor and the Scott Plasma had a kid together and he rides the small bus to school...

not that there's anything wrong with that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ok...lets give a bit of pride back to pinarello

ok... i feel better now.... i can go on with life!!!! that front wheel is so COOL!!!!!!!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damn, that is horrible!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Jonny! I really appreciate it! That's one hot bike, my love for Pinarello is restored :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is awful...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well,

from the cyclingnews website..

Quote:

FT1 is Pinarello's first triathlon bike, a speedy rig that uses an aerodynamic frame reminiscent of the famous Pinarello Montello but with a more economical price point thanks to the 30HM12K material. FT1 has FP8 fork and seatstays, Ultegra and Chorus, alloy aero TT bars, brake sets and levers. FT1 uses two interchangeable seatposts, one with -22 degree setback for tri or -0 degree setback for time trials and recently, FT1 was ridden to victory in the womens division of Ironman Japan. Top of Pinarello's range in the speed machine category is the FM1, which replaces the Montello. FM1 is an exotic new state of the art TT bike from Pinarello with 50HM1K carbon fibre, 200 grams less than Montello but more rigid. FM1 is only in limited production and only three riders from Caisse d'Epargne had the new model at the Tour de France.

anyone has pics of the FM1?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the Pinarello website.

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Re: the new triathlon specific pinarello FT1 [steveperx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for posting this. That first bike is a stale turd.

mm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
I don't think so. That's the worst seat-tube shape I have ever seen, it even beats the one in the Aegis P3Copy.

Hmmm. After a second look, I agree it has some sort of goofy seat tube. Not round. it is more like 2007 Willier TT machine
BTW 2008 Willier is another copy of Specialized????

It hurts so bad, it feels good.
Quote Reply

Prev Next