Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

telemarketers
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: telemarketers [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pretty funny.

since I don't like to poo anyone's job, we haven't signed up for the anti-call list whatever that is. I mean, people gotta work, you know?

today a woman called me to do some health drug test for my blood. apparently you take a drug and then they measure to see what it does to your blood, and they pay you 900.00 for it (like anyone in their right mind would do that). i asked her who her boss was (because she called from a market research firm in town, and it just so happens that I'm recruiting for a phone center director, so the call was just in time). anway, this threw her off totally, so I ended up getting to speak with a manager (score one name of a potential prospect), and asked her for the director's name (score 2 names of managers/directors of a phone center). LOL.

i just act chinese, or speak french if I want to get off the phone. no-one ever knows how to respond to that. lol
Last edited by: kittycat: Nov 1, 04 15:11
Quote Reply
Re: telemarketers [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
usually we hear 'hello, can I speak to...huh...well... hmmm....Frank OYS Mow Dave?'

that's when I know, it's not someone I know and I can safely hang up ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My favorite is, Mrs. Grew? or, Mrs. Jew? it's way way way off. if they say that, I hang up.

or, when they call me Joan Collins. >still wrong, way wrong, and Collins in my maiden name.
Quote Reply
Re: telemarketers [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if I have the time I try to keep them on the line and repeat what they say after every sentence.

"Hello David KO-sil I'm Matt from Ameritech"

"Hi Matt, I'm David, David KO-sil from Livonia, I understand you are working with Ameritech, is that right?"

My record is 24 minutes of dialogue without them getting to their sales pitch.

I have to be able to talk to people "on the fly" for my job, so this is great practice.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: telemarketers [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First I ask their name (dosn't matter what sex they are)

What are you wearing?

Does it make you feel pretty?

What do you look like?

You have a sexy voice.

They are usually gone by this point but if they insist on keeping the sales pitch going.

I say hold on while I take off my pants and grab the peanut butter.

I have never had a sales call go past that one.

Try it sometime.

Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I signed up for the do not call list soon after it became available, and I've been surprised to find that it has worked well. However, apparently it doesn't apply to political campaigns. I had nine voicemails - no fewer - from candidates and parties when I got home from work today. Today was the worst, but typically I've had 2-3 per day for the past few weeks. I also usually get one call at night when I'm at home (sometimes its a recording, sometimes a live person). And its not just the Bush and Kerry campaigns - its every office from president on down to county engineer. My theory is that I live in a so-called "battleground state" (Ohio), and I'm not affiliated with a party. So everyone is pulling out all the stops here and both sides figure I'm fair game.

Then I open my mailbox...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I answered one today at my office and just set the phone down and went about my business then hung it up after I figured they had hung up, I really think its an invasion of privacy and its funny how the laws allow politicians to bother the shit out of you. Depending on what mood I am in I think I have covered that whole list you posted. now I am on a do not call list and I have a telezaper whoever gets through gets an ear full and sometimes its bodily functions.
Quote Reply
Re: telemarketers [Quadzilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I signed up for the do not call list soon after it became available, and I've been surprised to find that it has worked well. However, apparently it doesn't apply to political campaigns. I had nine voicemails - no fewer - from candidates and parties when I got home from work today. Today was the worst, but typically I've had 2-3 per day for the past few weeks. I also usually get one call at night when I'm at home (sometimes its a recording, sometimes a live person). And its not just the Bush and Kerry campaigns - its every office from president on down to county engineer. My theory is that I live in a so-called "battleground state" (Ohio), and I'm not affiliated with a party. So everyone is pulling out all the stops here and both sides figure I'm fair game.

Then I open my mailbox...

Speaking of voicemails from candidates. I been arguing with four Dems at the office the last few years about the benefits of profiling when it comes to air travel and such. Of course they've argued against it. Well today one of them (Irish Last Name) says that yesterday he was left a voicemail from Teddy "The Swimmer" Kennedy endorsing Chuckie Schumer for Senate. Another (Irish Last Name) says he was also left a voicemail from Teddy. The two other guys say they were left voicemails from good old Chuckie himself.

Telling two Democratics that they've been profiled by their own party! Priceless! :-)
Quote Reply