Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

tdf stage 3 power numbers (maybe spoiler)
Quote | Reply
anyone else notice these power numbers seem way too high? the guys in the peloton are cruising along at 20 mph which is completely pedestrian for these guys.. and several of them are showing power numbers between 200-300 watts. That seems really high to me. Sitting in a group of 150 guys at 20 mph doesn't hardly require any effort at all. This is a flat stage, so its not the hills either.
Quote Reply
Re: tdf stage 3 power numbers (maybe spoiler) [kytri_in_CO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That does seem really high. Are those for the guys at the front or guys sitting in?
Quote Reply
Re: tdf stage 3 power numbers (maybe spoiler) [cdanrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
these are guys sitting in. I forget the rider, but he was showing 310 watts and he was just hangin' out having a chat at about 20mph in the middle of the pack.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not all these guys are feather weights... some of them could reasonably be heavier than 175lbs and push 200+ watts @ only 20mph - also keep in mind that the #'s (HR & PWR data) you see on VS. probably isn't real time and could be delayed and you saw some of the higher readings when they displayed them on air.
Quote Reply
Re: tdf stage 3 power numbers (maybe spoiler) [oc3ram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you're probably right, that data isn't realtime.

I find it hard to believe that a tdf rider, regardless of size would be pushing 200watts in the middle of a group like that at 20mph on the flats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not sure where you get 20 mph from, but they are going faster then taht. yesterday's stage i believe they avg over 27 mph so it is not hard to belive they putting out between 200-300 watts.
Quote Reply
Re: tdf stage 3 power numbers (maybe spoiler) [mcdeve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is for today's stage AS the peleton is puddling along at 20mph.
Quote Reply
Re: tdf stage 3 power numbers (maybe spoiler) [mcdeve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not sure where i get 20mph from?

have you seen the coverage up to the 100 mile point today?? When I posted this, indeed, they were averaging around 20mph for the first 100 miles. very painful (boring) to watch. Phil has been commenting all morning that its extremely slow. I wasn't talking about yesterday's stage.
Quote Reply
Re: tdf stage 3 power numbers (maybe spoiler) [cdanrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very interesting...I hope people don't come to any premature conclusions from this.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's amazing that Verses will give us an hour of Paris-Roubaix, but 4 hours of this shit. I'm faster on my training rides, can't they just show the last 15 minutes and not take away from all their Bull Riding specials? Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.

I doubt the numbers are real-time, they don't add up. 155h/r at 210 Watts at 20mph while sitting in? None of those numbers make sense.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The numbers are likely snapshots. Remember how volatile power numbers are. They need to show average power over a minute or two or when the effort is obviously steady. Otherwise the numbers are meaningless.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: tdf stage 3 power numbers (maybe spoiler) [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep

and this break could survive, especially with the turns at the end
Quote Reply