Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

steel frames and bums
Quote | Reply
after a year away from riding to focus on marathoning, i've come back to my steel steed.

i've eased back in to riding - no crazy distances or frequency of riding... but my ass is killing me nonetheless. i've put 5000 miles into this bike in the past - in this configuration - and have put 500 in so far this year.

it fits well. i sit on it properly. yet after a 50 mile ride...

so i'm here to solicit opinions on the "best saddle" for a steel road frame, road-position use.

thoughts?

thanks

7evenhundred
Quote Reply
Re: steel frames and bums [700] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This has nothing to do with your frame material, and everything to do with your ass, your shorts, and your saddle.

1) Your ass will get used to it. It simply takes time.
2) Good shorts will help a lot. So will chamois cream.
3) Unfortunately it's hard to recommend "the right" saddle for you, but a lot of people seem to love the new Arione. I've always been a Flite man myself, but would consider giving the Arione a shot if I had the cash.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: steel frames and bums [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
... but a lot of people seem to love the new Arione. I've always been a Flite man myself, but would consider giving the Arione a shot if I had the cash.
I had some money to throw away recently, so I bought the Arione. Love it, love it. A very nice, firm all-day saddle. Similar to the Flite, but with a little more surface area for my ever-widening butt.
Quote Reply
Re: steel frames and bums [Julian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Quote:
... but a lot of people seem to love the new Arione. I've always been a Flite man myself, but would consider giving the Arione a shot if I had the cash.
I had some money to throw away recently, so I bought the Arione. Love it, love it. A very nice, firm all-day saddle. Similar to the Flite, but with a little more surface area for my ever-widening butt.

Hi Julian,

Are you speaking of the Fizik Arione? How does it rate on the "cushion" scale?

Thanks.

J
Last edited by: joebryant: Jun 1, 04 12:17
Quote Reply