Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

seatpost and bar recommendations for sworks into tri-bike
Quote | Reply
Anyone suggest a seatpost and bar for a 2003 specialized sworks e5 for tri geometry. I know Peter Reid used this bike in the 2003 World Championships. Thanks all !
Quote Reply
Re: seatpost and bar recommendations for sworks into tri-bike [greatwhitenorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, actually Reid's bike was a custom made steep seattubed bike painted like an S-Works.

If you are thinking about buying the S-Works and using it for both road and tri - don't. The headtube is about a mile high so you can't get low enough. The seattube is slack so you'll need a forward post. A forward post will put too much weight on your front end, potentially landing you in the hospital.

I write this because my first race machine was a Specialized Allez, which I bought ignorantly and struggled for two and a half years to ride as a tri bike; the best setup I ever found (still poor compared to any real tri geometry) was with a Profile Design Fast Forward post and a set of medium Syntace C2 clipons. If I had it to do over again I would have set it up in the Slam position: straight seatpost and shorty aerobars like Profile's Jammer GT's or Hed's Clip-Lites. Better yet, I would have just bit the two-bike-bullet earlier instead of making do with only a road bike. You'll be much better off with entry level road and tri bikes than trying to make one high-end road bike do double duty.

Good luck.

Caleb
Quote Reply
Re: seatpost and bar recommendations for sworks into tri-bike [caleb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply Caleb. It was helpful.
Quote Reply