Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: scared of flying? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The way I figured it...if it's my time, it's my time. Hopefully somebody can recover my body in decent shape as I am an organ donor.

Love turbulance...I figure I'm getting a free roller-coaster ride. I even throw my hands up in the air sometimes...

Dave "just say weeeeeeeeeeeeee"
Quote Reply
Re: scared of flying? [Pluto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pluto is talking computer science (OOD), Francois is talking mathematics.. they'll never agree, or perhaps even understand each other..
I had an argument in college like this: turns out physics majors and Fine Arts majors have entirely different concepts of colour..

Fear of Flying ? not since I read Erica Jong's fine and slightly sticky book..

riding a bike on the public roads in USA is way more dangerous than flying, it just doesn't feel that way.

"It is a good feeling for old men who have begun to fear failure, any sort of failure, to set a schedule for exercise and stick to it. If an aging man can run a distance of three miles, for instance, he knows that whatever his other failures may be, he is not completely wasted away." Romain Gary, SI interview
Quote Reply
Re: scared of flying? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just saw a statistic recently which said that you would have to fly a randomly chosen commercial flight in the U.S. every day for 21,000 years to be in a plane crash. The chances of us being killed in our car or on our bikes is infinitely more likely.

That said, it is the lack of control that I hate when I'm flying. Flying overseas in the dark when you are over the ocean is the worst for me. I usually end up having a couple of drinks then.

"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms." -- Mike Ditka
Quote Reply
Re: scared of flying? [Pluto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
indeed...the vector space and all are jus hints to lose you

just in atlanta and we had some turbulences...and guess what, I thought of a wheel is a circle...darn you!! :-)
Quote Reply
Re: scared of flying? [Richard R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a disc is 2-D.
a circle is 1-D. just a closed line, nothing else.

but I digress...
Quote Reply
Re: scared of flying? [doug in co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
actually I am in a computer science department...I have both a math and CS background...
Pluto and I are just teasing each other :-)

I guess I am more a theory guy and pluto a practical guy...and as they say:

in theory practice and theory are the same but in practice they differ.
Quote Reply

Prev Next