Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

running shoe fit
Quote | Reply
If you remove the sock liner from your shoe and step on it, do you have areas where your foot over hangs?

For like 10 years I had worn asics 15ee up until a couple of years ago when the sizing went off. Other than black toenails hear and there i had no issues. Lately I've notived that in most bands i feel the need to tighten the crap out of my laces. A local store said that the width was why, I have some over hang which creates stability issues. Over tightening the laces is just me trying to get my foot anchored. I am now trying a brooks in a 15 eeee and it feels a bit longer and there is certainly more width. It "feels" too big though I am told my shoes were too small and this is correct.

So using the foot bed test does this sound right?
Quote Reply
Re: running shoe fit [kblahetka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can honestly say in 10+ years of shoe fitting, I never did it this way. Ever.

You might be trying to get your foot anchored, and you might be better served by something that has a bit more aggressive side rails to it (cough HOKA cough), but I have a hard time thinking this is a width issue. It's probably a volume issue whereby your foot is wide, but not tall in terms of instep, so on an Asics shoe that is now built relatively tall over the top end of the foot, you're cranking it down in an attempt to make it shallow enough. It's generally why I've skewed towards Saucony or stuff with a knit upper on it; it helps with that volume issue and allows me to keep the forefoot of a shoe roomy enough.

In general, though, people do tend to buy shoes about a half to full size too small for running.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: running shoe fit [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thats interesting because saucony has been the worst for me.
Quote Reply
Re: running shoe fit [kblahetka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, you like Asics, which I've found precisely one pair I've liked in 15+ years of trying...so we're about even.

That said, that probably has more to do with preference on arch height underfoot than anything else.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: running shoe fit [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol, fair enough
Quote Reply