Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

rev3 bonus?
Quote | Reply
http://www.rev3tri.com/...2010Leaderboard.html

wasn't the "coveted prize" originally $150,000? not the shown $15,000?

typo?

Tim
Quote Reply
Re: rev3 bonus? [twinracer2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had thought the "Bonus" of winning all 3 races got You the big prize money, not just winning the series.

So unless big Matt wins next 2 races that prize money is off the table!???

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: rev3 bonus? [bad929] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All the top ten pros walked away with checks on Sunday (for Matty and Jule, that check was worth $7K). The series bonus is on top of it all, and is $15,000, for the first place in the series. The purse total at Quassy is $150,000- maybe that's where you saw that big number? But whoever wins at Quassy takes home a $20,000 check. That's fat cash for a half iron, if you ask me (but no one did).

In fact, the original Prize Purse Schedule says first place overall in the series gets $10,000, so the $15,000 listed on the main page of the rev3 site appears to be a bump up in earnings. (http://rev3tri.com/...izePurseSchedule.pdf)

Regardless, its a lot of money in three races, and even the age groupers get a share. If Matty wins all three events, he gets $42,000, just in three races- WITHOUT the series earnings. That's not too bad, imo.

-----
Follow me on Twitter! megankillian
Quote Reply
Re: rev3 bonus? [meganruns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think there is still a $150,000 bonus for winning ALL the rev3 races. The $15,000 must be if you finish first in the series, but not win ALL of the events.

https://twitter.com/mungub
Last edited by: mungub50: May 13, 10 11:21
Quote Reply
Re: rev3 bonus? [mungub50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you imagine?! I wonder if Dibbs will go all-in and race at Cedar Point...

-----
Follow me on Twitter! megankillian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
http://www.rev3tri.com/...2010Leaderboard.html

wasn't the "coveted prize" originally $150,000? not the shown $15,000?

typo?

There's a separate prize for winning the series and sweeping the series. The BIG bonus - $125,000 (IIRC) - is for winning all three.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is the original press release:

Revolution3 Triathlon Race Series – Complete Revolution Challenge

Along with a dynamic three race Triathlon Series featuring some of the most aggressive prize purses in the industry – Rev3 Triathlon continues to push the envelope by offering one of the largest potential payouts in Triathlon. If any Professional athlete can win all three of Rev3’s “feature” races in one year, the Knoxville Olympic, Quassy Half and Cedar Point Full they will take home an additional $125,000 paycheck and will be crowned the world’s most complete triathlete! A Pro who could win each Event along with Bonus pay could earn $183,000 racing with Rev3 next year.
Rev3 Marketing-Sponsorship Director & Pro-Liaison Heather Gollnick comments; “As a professional athlete, and mother of three, I know firsthand how challenging it can be to race as a pro and try to earn a good living. Rev3 would like to change the landscape of triathlon by offering our professional athletes a first class race experience including: free race entry, lodging and the ability to earn a *quality* payday at each of our Series Races.”
“Rev3 put on a sensational event last year and I am thrilled to commit to the 2010 Rev3 series. What they are doing for our sport, for professionals, by offering an amazing prize purse is tremendous. And I am excited to race for a Win-All-3 series bonus. To win over those three distances (Olympic, HalfRev, and FullRev), well, that will show who the strongest swimmer, biker, runner is in our sport. Rev3 does it all top-notch, the race they put on for the amateurs is quality. So to know, I can go to a race that is well put on for every athlete there, and to race to win big money, you will see Big Matty Reed at every Rev3 race for sure.”
Matty Reed – Professional Triathlete, Boulder, CO – www.mattyreed.com
In addition, age-group athletes will recognize Rev3 Triathlon’s dedication to their race experience in a myriad of ways to include “complimentary” race entries to the winners of each age-group in Knoxville. To recognize their efforts and encourage our age-groupers to race for Series points we will give Knoxville’s age-group winners free entry into our HalfRev at Quassy and FullRev at Cedar Point.
Our Age-Group Athletes will also have the ability to earn a Series ending Prize Purse. “Giving back to the sport that has been so good to me over the past twelve years is a true source of motivation for me,” states Gollnick.
Rev3 kicks off their 2010 Series in Knoxville, Tennessee on May 9th, 2010. Knoxville’s “feature” race is an Olympic distance race offering a $50,000 purse. From Knoxville, Rev3 returns to Middlebury, CT on June 6th, where they will “feature” a HalfRev with the world’s largest prize purse for any half, $150,000. The Series will culminate at world renowned Cedar Point Amusement Park in Sandusky, Ohio - September 12th, 2010. Pro-athletes will race for $100,000 and the potential for a huge additional bonus payment of $125,000. Each of our races will pay our professional athlete’s ten deep.
For more information about Rev3 Triathlon Race Series, visit – www.rev3tri.com
Quote Reply