Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

regular shoes with favero assioma PM
Quote | Reply
I’m considering the assioma for my new PM. In addition to me using it I’m thinking I can install it on my kid’s road bike so he can go on Zwift. He doesn’t have cycling shoes so can he use just regular shoes with assioma to go on zwift?
Quote Reply
Re: regular shoes with favero assioma PM [petshopboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone done this before?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
petshopboy wrote:
anyone done this before?

How useful or fun can Zwift be balancing on a little clip-less pedal with a flat shoe? Even the cheapest clip-less shoe would provide a miles better experience.

Edit: Using a flat shoe would likely scuff up the electronics pod (or worse, cause a malfunction) on the Assiomas. I think any evidence of abuse to the pod would void the warranty. Spring for the clip-less shoes...
Last edited by: DJFaithful: May 3, 18 20:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
^Spot the guy with no kids.

Don't see why it wouldn't work. But I'd put some clipless to flat pedal adaptors in there, if you can find them with appropriate cleat shape for the Assiomas.
Quote Reply
Re: regular shoes with favero assioma PM [MattyK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MattyK wrote:
^Spot the guy with no kids.

Don't see why it wouldn't work. But I'd put some clipless to flat pedal adaptors in there, if you can find them with appropriate cleat shape for the Assiomas.

Here's the potential issue. If it were me, I just put the cost of the adapter towards a new pair of clipless shoes.

Quote Reply
Re: regular shoes with favero assioma PM [DJFaithful] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJFaithful wrote:
Here's the potential issue.
Agreed, hence my "if". But $10 on a plastic platform is a lot cheaper than a new pair of shoes every year for a growing kid...
Quote Reply
Re: regular shoes with favero assioma PM [MattyK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MattyK wrote:
DJFaithful wrote:

Here's the potential issue.

Agreed, hence my "if". But $10 on a plastic platform is a lot cheaper than a new pair of shoes every year for a growing kid...

Eh, get the kid his own smart trainer. Problem solved. : 0 How about hand-me-down clipless shoes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not just use virtual power for the kid?
Quote Reply